Page 429 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3293794194254264274284294304314324334394795299291429 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I mean that was a response to another post that was asking why a majority of white voters continue to support Trump, it wasn't just an unprompted comment shitting on white people for no reason. If another other demographic threw a hissy fit every time one of us were mildly stereotyped in some way, we'd really be here all day.

The thing is, singling out Trump supporting white Americans, who have frankly been called out enough at this point, misses the fact that

1) Many Trump opponents are just as racist and detrimental to the well-being of minorities, just because they refuse to recognize or acknowledge this doesn't make it not so
    2) White Europeans, Canadians, Australians, etc. are usually just as bad if not worse than Americans, their superiority complex over America doesn't seem to translate much into actually treating people better when it matters
    Look, I’m Australian, so I’m just gonna have to... agree with that.

By the by, I was under the impression that being racist towards whites wasn’t even a thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post

By the by, I was under the impression that being racist towards whites wasn’t even a thing.
    It can be a thing, obviously, but when you're in the majority and hold power, it's hard to be a meaningful thing...

Looks like a political scandal for the GOP is about to envelop Ohio just three months out from the election.

Police activity is being reported at Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder’s farm in Perry County and the U.S. Attorney’s office said it is holding a 2:30 p.m. press conference today related to $60 million in bribes paid to a state official and associates.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Chris Hoffman and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio David DeVillers are expected to brief the press on a federal racketeering case, a news advisory says.

Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were at the Householder property in Glenford early this morning, said Perry County Sheriff Sgt. Brandon Forester. “I do not know any details on that. You need to contact the FBI. They wouldn’t release any information to us.”

Forester said the sheriff’s department provided some support to FBI agents, who were on scene early this morning.

Householder could not be reached for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It can be a thing, obviously, but when you're in the majority and hold power, it's hard to be a meaningful thing...
    Lotta people just use 'bigotry' and 'racism' interchangeably, which necessarily occludes the power component involved in what we understand racist systems to be -- which is why you see people moving in to talk more about 'systemic racism'. :P

BANNED

Racism toward whites could certainly be a thing, but in reality most non-white communities actually have a pretty favorable opinion of whites because they see their socioeconomic success as something to emulate. Even in places where you would think there would be a ton of resentment toward whites for centuries of imperialism and genocide, people are generally pretty friendly and welcoming toward them, often granting them privileges that local people don't get.

Oh, what I would give to live in a world where the kind of stuff I said to you were the most "racist" things I would ever have to hear...
    That still doesn't make what you said right.

I don't think anyone is claiming that you're treating them worse than you've ever been treated by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A majority of white people elected Trump. If you're one of the white folks who didn't, if it doesn't apply, let it fly.
    If you take into account non-voters, a majority of white people didn't actually vote for Trump.

But even if it did, would we accept essentialist arguments about defining groups of people by what a majority believe or do?

Re: the fascism in Portland, I wonder what the narrative would be if this were happening in Middle Eastern countries or those south of the Panama Canal.

I’d be really curious to see a poll of law enforcement officers and whether they support such tactics.
    We could also consider what the narrative would be if these were right-wing protesters, demanding restrictions on abortion, the federal government to stay out of administration of land rights, or the passage of explicit religious liberty protections.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I don't think anyone is claiming that you're treating them worse than you've ever been treated by others.

If you take into account non-voters, a majority of white people didn't actually vote for Trump.

But even if it did, would we accept essentialist arguments about defining groups of people by what a majority believe or do?
    I don't think I was being particularly 'essentialist'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-21-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Bigger news out of Ohio than my previous post indicates:

https://www.dispatch.com/news/202007...n-bribery-case

Federal officials arrested Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder and several others on Tuesday in connection with a $60 million bribery case.

U.S. Attorney David DeVillers’ office would not discuss details of the case, but multiple sources confirmed Householder’s arrest.

Former Ohio GOP Chairman Matt Borges, longtime Householder adviser Jeff Longstreth, and lobbyists Neil Clark and Juan Cespedes also were arrested, the sources confirmed.

All are expected appear in video arraignment in US District Court in Columbus today.

DeVillers’ Office and the FBI plan to announce charges later today in the case, which a press release said involves a state official and “associates.”

Racism toward whites could certainly be a thing, but in reality most non-white communities actually have a pretty favorable opinion of whites because they see their socioeconomic success as something to emulate. Even in places where you would think there would be a ton of resentment toward whites for centuries of imperialism and genocide, people are generally pretty friendly and welcoming toward them, often granting them privileges that local people don't get.
    It can be a “thing”, of course, depending on the country and regime. I wouldn’t fancy the life style of a white farmer in Zimbabwe in last 20 years or so.

I’ll be honest: I think most people of every race and type are racist. It’s been seen to lead to more damage when held by whites because of amount of power they have held.

But oppressed can turn to oppressor in the blink of an eye when power shifts occur in a country.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Bigger news out of Ohio than my previous post indicates:

https://www.dispatch.com/news/202007...n-bribery-case
    $60 million? Damn! That's one hell of a hefty number! I can't wait to find out what soft of nefarious **** was going down there!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well, what a f**king *******. This will be good for WBE's upcoming profile of Yoho.

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) reportedly got into a confrontation with AOC, in which he called her "disgusting" and concluded by saying, "F**king bitch."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile, this House GOP conference is going well it sounds like.

Matt Gaetz & Thomas Massie both got on the mics and went after Liz Cheney for backing Massie’s primary opponent, per source in the room.
    Now Rep. Chip Roy is attacking Cheney for her support of Dr. Fauci, per source in the room.

He lamented that his liberal primary opponent retweeted Cheney’s tweet about Fauci.
    Reps. Louie Gohmert & Andy Biggs also got on the mics to defend Massie & express their concerns.

Biggs even accused Cheney of undermining their ability to win back the House & said if you don’t have something nice to say about Trump, then don’t say it at all, per source.
    Now Jim Jordan is laying into Cheney for all the times she has broke with Trump and started listing them off.

He said it'd be better if their conference chair helped Trump instead of going after him.
    Cheney did not back down from confrontation:

She defended Fauci.

She told Gaetz I look forward to seeing ur HBO doc.

She told Massie his issue is w/ Trump, not her.

She told Jordan I look forward to hearing ur comments about being a team player when we’re back in the majority

Funny video that's making the rounds... a look at where the woke left and racists agree.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1285208497517473793
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 11-22-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It can be a “thing”, of course, depending on the country and regime. I wouldn’t fancy the life style of a white farmer in Zimbabwe in last 20 years or so.

I’ll be honest: I think most people of every race and type are racist. It’s been seen to lead to more damage when held by whites because of amount of power they have held.

But oppressed can turn to oppressor in the blink of an eye when power shifts occur in a country.
    The case of Zimbabwe, and to a lesser extent South Africa, are more just textbook examples of "when you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression." Yes, living standards for whites have dropped since independence, but that's largely because they lost all of the legal protections for their artificially elevated status and now had to compete on a level playing field with the black majority which had always lived under miserable conditions. I just can't think of a single post colonial state that has tried to get its "revenge" by enslaving their former white masters and subjecting them to the same kind of treatment that they inflicted on the natives, while that sort of thing happens a lot in books and movies there is hardly any evidence of it in actual history.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    On a completely separate note
    Fox News Hit With Lawsuit Alleging Sexual Misconduct by Top Talent

Dang Fox News. And this is the network that's the springboard to trump administration positions and Don Juniors bed *gag*
    Yo... I've never heard of this Ed Henry clown but these WhatsApp messages are on some scumbag **** for real.

What does Fox News have on Laura Ingraham that she doesn't ever have any comments on her slimy fuckin' workplace. Maybe this is the long con for her, wait it out once the station starts bleeding sponsorship, once again, and take the top spot Hannity and Fucker. Daughters of the Confederacy type of play, what other move is there? Hate to see it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.