Page 430 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3303804204264274284294304314324334344404805309301430 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 75153
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So why do you keep responding to his comments? It's like a little kid screaming, "DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? I SAID I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!"
    Last night I started to receive emails of support, I was informed of the ignore list
    Last edited by The no face guy; 07-21-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yo... I've never heard of this Ed Henry clown but these WhatsApp messages are on some scumbag **** for real.

What does Fox News have on Laura Ingraham that she doesn't ever have any comments on her slimy fuckin' workplace. Maybe this is the long con for her, wait it out once the station starts bleeding sponsorship, once again, and take the top spot Hannity and Fucker. Daughters of the Confederacy type of play, what other move is there? Hate to see it.
    I think I read today that Carlson has been accused of misconduct today. It really does sound like Fox News is a complete cesspool.

But folks like Ingraham are probably the daughters type, they turn a blind eye to everything because they need to maintain their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The case of Zimbabwe, and to a lesser extent South Africa, are more just textbook examples of "when you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression." Yes, living standards for whites have dropped since independence, but that's largely because they lost all of the legal protections for their artificially elevated status and now had to compete on a level playing field with the black majority which had always lived under miserable conditions. I just can't think of a single post colonial state that has tried to get its "revenge" by enslaving their former white masters and subjecting them to the same kind of treatment that they inflicted on the natives, while that sort of thing happens a lot in books and movies there is hardly any evidence of it in actual history.
    I have just had a quick look at Wiki at overall events in Zimbabwe from 2000 on. I am happy to admit that treatment of White farmers was probably less extreme than I thought..there were (of course) isolated violent acts against them...but there was less systematic unfairness than I had believed. In South Africa, I think it is fair to say Nelson Mandela’s government was profoundly noble.

But is the lack of systematic revenge really evidence of an inherently more noble black character?? (If so...ironically it would prove there are significant racial differences.)

Let me put a more world weary view. The whites were primarily shielded from ex colonies seeking revenge because the ex colonies feared the remaining economic and military power of the ex-colonial masters.

WATCH: Woman rants in Panera that masks won’t stop the virus because pants can’t stop farts

Put this under the category of Dumb White People, or just Dumb People in general
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The case of Zimbabwe, and to a lesser extent South Africa, are more just textbook examples of "when you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression." Yes, living standards for whites have dropped since independence, but that's largely because they lost all of the legal protections for their artificially elevated status and now had to compete on a level playing field with the black majority which had always lived under miserable conditions. I just can't think of a single post colonial state that has tried to get its "revenge" by enslaving their former white masters and subjecting them to the same kind of treatment that they inflicted on the natives, while that sort of thing happens a lot in books and movies there is hardly any evidence of it in actual history.
    Only one case I know of off the top of my head was the Haitian Massacre of 1804. Though, in the broader scope of history, that was more of an admittedly ugly “aftershock” of Haiti getting brutal French imperialism off its ass, and fortunately seemed to burn itself out quickly (relatively speaking, of course).

EDIT: 4 months at most (Jan - April) was there wholesale slaughter of white and creole civvies (with the odd forced “marriage” here and there). Definitely not the cleanest transition, and yes, unfairly vindictive and cruel against many, even if I have a fairly decent imagination as to the headspace of those doing the killing at the time.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 07-21-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    WATCH: Woman rants in Panera that masks won’t stop the virus because pants can’t stop farts

Put this under the category of Dumb White People, or just Dumb People in general
    Ask yourself how you would categorise it if she was from another race...then ask yourself if you want to treat all people equally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I have just had a quick look at Wiki at overall events in Zimbabwe from 2000 on. I am happy to admit that treatment of White farmers was probably less extreme than I thought..there were (of course) isolated violent acts against them...but there was less systematic unfairness than I had believed. In South Africa, I think it is fair to say Nelson Mandela’s government was profoundly noble.

But is the lack of systematic revenge really evidence of an inherently more noble black character?? (If so...ironically it would prove there are significant racial differences.)

Let me put a more world weary view. The whites were primarily shielded from ex colonies seeking revenge because the ex colonies feared the remaining economic and military power of the ex-colonial masters.
    It's not like black people are inherently more merciful or generous, it's just that the historical circumstances that led to the formation of the current white-dominated global order has bred an extremely toxic superiority complex among white people. Sure, most have moved on from thinking that they are the master race destined to bring the light of civilization onto the darker peoples, but there is still a sense among the vast majority of whites that their lifestyle and values are the lifestyle and values that everyone should have, and that they have are entitled to tell people how should they behave, interact, and govern themselves, while reacting with abject revulsion if anyone else dares to lecture them in the same way. To be honest, racial equality and harmony are never going to be achieved unless we can completely flush this mindset from white people, until they recognize that their constant attempts to control and interfere with people's lives are counterproductive and don't help anyone, things will never improve.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Idiocy knows no color. Just look at Kanye West's clusterfuck of a presser over the weekend. But, remember, mouth breathers like that harridan at Panera are eligible to vote, and that's the really worrisome part of the equation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Idiocy knows no color. Just look at Kanye West's clusterfuck of a presser over the weekend. But, remember, mouth breathers like that harridan at Panera are eligible to vote, and that's the really worrisome part of the equation.
    Unfortunately, the Internet is getting saturated with videos from people, some claiming to be health professionals, saying that masks either don't protect you or claiming other things like bacteria getting blown back into your face and that it's just as bad.

While I do find a need to sometimes get clear of people and pull it off my nose for a few breaths because it starts getting difficult to get enough air, these Internet claims contradict what the leading experts are saying.
    Power with Girl is better.

Intermediary

i dropped a hot one in Panera the other day and my mask did a good job of rebuffing it

Had an incident at work yesterday where a guy got thrown out of the store for calling women b*tches, was walking into employee only areas and was finally told to leave. He proceeded to walk out front and stand there telling everyone who entered how racist the store was and how the manager who threw him out, a black female, was racist and went on about how he was going to go on social media, give the address of the store and how it was a "racist store". When he wouldn't leave, they had to call the police. When the cop arrived, he handled it perfectly. The guy immediatey said, "And here comes the racist cop". The cop responded, "Let's take a walk and you give me your side of the story." They walked side by side across the parking lot with the cop nodding that he understood. Then he told the guy he could leave and got the manager's side. The guy wanted to stay and hear what she said and she said what he did. The cop just said it looked like some tempers were lost and it's better to just take some breaths all around and walk away, that it was the easiest way to resolve it.

It kind of illustrates both how that racism accusation is going to get tossed about trivially in the current social climate but also how a smart, experienced cop who stays calm and doesn't make it confrontational and won't be goaded into becoming confrontational can rapidly de-escalate a situation.
    Power with Girl is better.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Had an incident at work yesterday where a guy got thrown out of the store for calling women b*tches, was walking into employee only areas and was finally told to leave. He proceeded to walk out front and stand there telling everyone who entered how racist the store was and how the manager who threw him out, a black female, was racist and went on about how he was going to go on social media, give the address of the store and how it was a "racist store". When he wouldn't leave, they had to call the police. When the cop arrived, he handled it perfectly. The guy immediatey said, "And here comes the racist cop". The cop responded, "Let's take a walk and you give me your side of the story." They walked side by side across the parking lot with the cop nodding that he understood. Then he told the guy he could leave and got the manager's side. The guy wanted to stay and hear what she said and she said what he did. The cop just said it looked like some tempers were lost and it's better to just take some breaths all around and walk away, that it was the easiest way to resolve it.

It kind of illustrates both how that racism accusation is going to get tossed about trivially in the current social climate but also how a smart, experienced cop who stays calm and doesn't make it confrontational and won't be goaded into becoming confrontational can rapidly de-escalate a situation.
    was the guy white? because Im guessing he was

should've tazed his ass

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Looks like a political scandal for the GOP is about to envelop Ohio just three months out from the election.
    Look, should we really hold the entire party accountable because there are a few bad apples among ... checks note ... the three most powerful politicians in the state?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Unfortunately, the Internet is getting saturated with videos from people, some claiming to be health professionals, saying that masks either don't protect you or claiming other things like bacteria getting blown back into your face and that it's just as bad.

While I do find a need to sometimes get clear of people and pull it off my nose for a few breaths because it starts getting difficult to get enough air, these Internet claims contradict what the leading experts are saying.
    All things being equal, I’d rather take my chances wearing a mask. Sure, it may not be the last word in comfort, especially to those who wear glasses, but it beats the hell out of being hooked up to a ventilator.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!