Page 431 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3313814214274284294304314324334344354414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All things being equal, I’d rather take my chances wearing a mask. Sure, it may not be the last word in comfort, especially to those who wear glasses, but it beats the hell out of being hooked up to a ventilator.
    I'm starting a mask collection. Just ordered some self-designed custom masks through Vistaprint. If I like how they look and function, I might order more. Could be fun to walk around wearing my own artwork.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

US charges Chinese hackers for wide-ranging activities, including Covid research intrusions

(CNN)US prosecutors have charged two alleged Chinese hackers over a "sweeping global computer intrusion campaign" that they say was supported by the country's government and aimed at coronavirus treatment and vaccine research.

The hackers have also allegedly targeted dissidents and human rights activists in the US, China and Hong Kong, as well as hundreds of businesses in more than 10 countries, as part of a 10-year-old campaign that amassed terabytes of stolen data, John Demers, the head of the Justice Department's National Security Division, said Tuesday.

The accusations were included in an indictment returned earlier this month and unsealed in a Spokane, Washington, federal court Tuesday. They represent the first criminal charges against foreign hackers going after coronavirus research as the pandemic continues to rage across the world.

One of the hackers, Li Xiaoyu, allegedly conducted electronic reconnaissance on at least four US-based companies that were publicly known to be working on coronavirus projects.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Look, should we really hold the entire party accountable because there are a few bad apples among ... checks note ... the three most powerful politicians in the state?
    Other state parties have their problems.

The former Speaker of the New York state assembly is going to start his jail sentence soon for a bribery scheme.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-6-1-n1234432

Michael Madigan, Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives, is investigated for bribery.
    https://newschannel20.com/news/local...-investigation

It's also worth noting that Householder in Ohio became Speaker with the help of Democrats.
    https://www.dispatch.com/news/201912...-house-speaker

This isn't to say that Republicans are perfect when it comes to state legislative leaders, but it doesn't seem to be an area where Democrats are clearly superior to Republicans.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 11-22-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm starting a mask collection. Just ordered some self-designed custom masks through Vistaprint. If I like how they look and function, I might order more. Could be fun to walk around wearing my own artwork.
    I’ve been using the plain old disposable variety I bought at Home Depot (box of 50 for thirty bucks), but I might give that a try.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve been using the plain old disposable variety I bought at Home Depot (box of 50 for thirty bucks), but I might give that a try.
    T-public had some great ones I wanted to buy, but they are never in stock. Spaceballs: The Facemask, the blurry photo of Bigfoot tagged "Social Distancing Champion", and the iconic lips from Rocky Horror Picture Show were some of the notable ones I saw.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    was the guy white? because Im guessing he was

should've tazed his ass
    Tazing aside that was my first thought. When it's a female white manager and a black male customer being aggressive you don't tend to hear stories of how reasonable the police response is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Tazing aside that was my first thought. When it's a female white manager and a black male customer being aggressive you don't tend to hear stories of how reasonable the police response is.
    Or the child in the Walmart who was carrying a toy gun and was murdered by the police.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    We could also consider what the narrative would be if these were right-wing protesters, demanding restrictions on abortion, the federal government to stay out of administration of land rights, or the passage of explicit religious liberty protections.

Is it your view, then, that people whose politics are left of centre would find the Federal government’s snatching of protesters off the streets into unmarked vehicles more palatable or acceptable or preferable if those protesters held political views different to theirs?

BANNED

Why was all the coronavirus research being kept secret in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    How much has China been sharing?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

We could also consider what the narrative would be if these were right-wing protesters, demanding restrictions on abortion, the federal government to stay out of administration of land rights, or the passage of explicit religious liberty protections.
    Why should we consider your made up bullshit scenario, when no Democratic President would send unidentified Gestapo bootjacks to kidnap Americans off the street.
    Can't you even decry straight up fascism from your Party without an imaginary whatabout?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's not. Usually, researchers might hold off on making information public until significant results are obtained. Then the scientists make public their research, for peer review and for other researchers to use.

Problem is, if you can't wait for that stage, if you try to hack the information early, it slows down the research, creates fear, disrupts the process, and serves no useful purpose. Not to mention, it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why should we consider your made up bullshit scenario, when no Democratic President would send unidentified Gestapo bootjacks to kidnap Americans off the street.
    Can't you even decry straight up fascism from your Party without an imaginary whatabout?
    We already know what the police do to right wing protesters - watch them beat counter-protesters, then arrest them for being beaten.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    We already know what the police do to right wing protesters - watch them beat counter-protesters, then arrest them for being beaten.
    They also warn them when they will start bashing heads.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I was gonna say, I wonder how it would have turned out had the manager been white and the customer Black.
    Watching television is not an activity.