Page 433 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3333834234294304314324334344354364374434835339331433 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What other union protects those who do wrong?

Also having a union is not legal in every state like Texas.

If the cops weeded out the bad apples that stuff does not happen.

If those protesters were walking peacefully and not causing trouble but the cops attack them-whose fault is that?

If bad apples were removed you don't get those folks who loot and plunder under the guise of protesting.

You get rid of the source of the issue-you don't have all this.

Crime will happen. As long as your police do their job right-it's easier for them to get support. Killing someone who complied does not help.
    Everyone forgets that the phrase isn't 'it's only a couple of bad apples' but 'one bad apple spoils the bunch'. When it becomes nearly impossible to get rid of them they become sergeants and do what they can to ensure that there are ONLY bad apples.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Everyone forgets that the phrase isn't 'it's only a couple of bad apples' but 'one bad apple spoils the bunch'. When it becomes nearly impossible to get rid of them they become sergeants and do what they can to ensure that there are ONLY bad apples.
    Also, it's more like a poison apple that will literally kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Is this the part where I say reasonable people can disagree on issues?

I'm not sure I know any progressive person, who believes in liberal democracy and the rule of law, who thinks unidentified law enforcement officers abducting people (of whatever political persuasion) off the streets is a good thing. Republicans, on the other hand...
    I'm curious if you can think of examples where progressives have, in the last twelve years, stood up on behalf of conservatives wronged by Democratic officeholders/ appointees. There is, I suppose, an alternative argument that there is no situation in the last dozen years in which anyone can reasonably argue that conservatives were wronged by Democratic officeholders/ appointees, but that would be a stretch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm curious if you can think of examples where progressives have, in the last twelve years, stood up on behalf of conservatives wronged by Democratic officeholders/ appointees. There is, I suppose, an alternative argument that there is no situation in the last dozen years in which anyone can reasonably argue that conservatives were wronged by Democratic officeholders/ appointees, but that would be a stretch.
    What does this have to do with extrajudicial police tactics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Probably because its on systems that host classified data, and allowing casual access could endanger other systems?
    Yeah but none of that would be an issue if they had done the only sensible thing and treated the development of a coronavirus vaccine as an international collaborative effort, rather than the current clown show where you have companies from all over the world racing to be the first to market and not sharing anything with each other. Of course the pharma industry here would never agree to that, because they are expecting to be able to profit handsomely from patenting and overcharging for the vaccine like they do for everything else. Of course, if you read between the lines, these hacking allegations are really just a recognition of the now overwhelming likelihood that a Chinese vaccine will be the first to pass trials and hit the market, so a pre-emptive strike of sorts is needed to discredit that effort and preserve big pharma's profits. This sort of thing only works because Americans these days are inclined to believe anything negative about China.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Is anyone concerned that Trump supporters might attempt a violent overthrow of the government if he loses? Think about it. They are well-armed and law enforcement might not be in the mood to stop them. In fact, some police might agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Perfect time for that gif.

So, about Householder. Here's an interesting thing:

Mr. Householder, 61, who was arrested on his farm east of Columbus on Tuesday morning, faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, officials said. He is the second recent Ohio House speaker to be ensnared in a federal investigation, following Cliff Rosenberger, who resigned in 2018 but has yet to be charged with a crime.
    Makes you wonder if the previous speaker cooperated and sold out Householder.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/u...-arrested.html

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It took him nearly 6 months to do so, and he is only doing it because his polling numbers are down
    DING DING DING! You are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Is anyone concerned that Trump supporters might attempt a violent overthrow of the government if he loses? Think about it. They are well-armed and law enforcement might not be in the mood to stop them. In fact, some police might agree with them.
    I'm skeptical about that happening. At the end of the day, Trumpanzees are all bark and no bite, those knuckledraggers don't have the tactical knowledge to overthrow a PTA meeting, never mind the government. I worry more about contracting COVID than an unorganized bunch of MAGA hat wearing mouth breathers raising hell.

====================

Turns Out Mass Death Is Bad For The Economy

Republicans spun a false tale about sacrificing people for the economy. Democrats shouldn’t have believed it.

Trump Wishes Accused Sex Abuser Ghislaine Maxwell ‘Well’ At Coronavirus Briefing

The president was asked about the British socialite during a press conference, saying that he’s met her “numerous times over the years” and wishes “her well, frankly.” I call that code for "Keep your mouth shut, honeybunch if you want a pardon like Roger Stone".

Trump Threatens To Veto Troop Pay Raises To Protect Confederate Names

The White House issued a formal veto threat to the National Defense Authorization Act because it renames Army bases that honor Confederate traitors. Trump wants to protect names of LOSERS from the Civil War. More proof he's throwing bones to his white supremacist base.

In coronavirus news:

Beto O’Rourke Slams Texas GOP’s Coronavirus Response

“This is a death cult. The Texas GOP. Only they want you to do the dying,” said the former presidential contender.

Elizabeth Warren Urges CDC To Wade Into Mask Mandates As Cases Continue To Surge

“We are seeing a massive surge of COVID-19 cases in nearly 50 states and territories across the country,” the Massachusetts senator wrote.

Nancy Pelosi Rips Donald Trump With Damning New Name For The Coronavirus

The House speaker repeated a Trump-themed term to describe the virus in an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. Spoiler: she called it "The Trump Virus".
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-22-2020 at 01:49 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    DING DING DING! You are correct!

I'm skeptical about that happening. At the end of the day, Trumpanzees are all bark and no bite, those knuckledraggers don't have the tactical knowledge to overthrow a PTA meeting, never mind the government. I worry more about contracting COVID than an unorganized bunch of MAGA hat wearing mouth breathers raising hell.

====================

Turns Out Mass Death Is Bad For The Economy

Republicans spun a false tale about sacrificing people for the economy. Democrats shouldn’t have believed it.

Trump Wishes Accused Sex Abuser Ghislaine Maxwell ‘Well’ At Coronavirus Briefing

The president was asked about the British socialite during a press conference, saying that he’s met her “numerous times over the years” and wishes “her well, frankly.” I call that code for "Keep your mouth shut, honeybunch if you want a pardon like Roger Stone".

Trump Threatens To Veto Troop Pay Raises To Protect Confederate Names

The White House issued a formal veto threat to the National Defense Authorization Act because it renames Army bases that honor Confederate traitors. Trump wants to protect names of LOSERS from the Civil War. More proof he's throwing bones to his white supremacist base.

In coronavirus news:

Beto O’Rourke Slams Texas GOP’s Coronavirus Response

“This is a death cult. The Texas GOP. Only they want you to do the dying,” said the former presidential contender.

Elizabeth Warren Urges CDC To Wade Into Mask Mandates As Cases Continue To Surge

“We are seeing a massive surge of COVID-19 cases in nearly 50 states and territories across the country,” the Massachusetts senator wrote.

Nancy Pelosi Rips Donald Trump With Damning New Name For The Coronavirus

The House speaker repeated a Trump-themed term to describe the virus in an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. Spoiler: she called it "The Trump Virus".
    I was always partial to Covfefe-19 myself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was always partial to Covfefe-19 myself.
    Hey, that's a good one! I'll have to remember it for future use!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah but none of that would be an issue if they had done the only sensible thing and treated the development of a coronavirus vaccine as an international collaborative effort, rather than the current clown show where you have companies from all over the world racing to be the first to market and not sharing anything with each other. Of course the pharma industry here would never agree to that, because they are expecting to be able to profit handsomely from patenting and overcharging for the vaccine like they do for everything else. Of course, if you read between the lines, these hacking allegations are really just a recognition of the now overwhelming likelihood that a Chinese vaccine will be the first to pass trials and hit the market, so a pre-emptive strike of sorts is needed to discredit that effort and preserve big pharma's profits. This sort of thing only works because Americans these days are inclined to believe anything negative about China.
    It would still be an issue, as the vaccine would still be developed on existing infrastructure designed to protect certain information. Its not like flipping a switch.

There's no indication that information is actually being withheld, so much as it is hackers trying to jump the line and steal untested data

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    You want to reform police unions influence on protecting bad apples? Sign me up. All for it in police, teacher and every other union.
    Heh, it just occurred to me what you're really saying.

"All unions matter!"

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    What does this have to do with extrajudicial police tactics?
    Nothing, that is why he is doing it. He wants to muddy the water from the President of HIS Party acting like a fascist dictator. So he makes up imaginary scenarios about Democrats that have no basis in reality, or some extraneous event about Democrats so he can whatabout. It keeps the conversation from this horrendous act by HIS Party and tries to make us talk about Democrats instead. Please don't play this game with him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!