Page 450 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3504004404464474484494504514524534544605005509501450 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I don't think this has any basis in fact.

This would require the Trump administration to engage in a massive conspiracy, and keep it quiet. Any reporter who uncovers it would be famous and respected. Any blue state/ big city prosecutor who can prove it would be a major contender for higher office. Any criminal invited to get involved would be able to negotiate immunity.

It would also need some kind of demonstrable link to an increase in violence, and the election of Trump, since the Trump administration would not have been in the position to flood the streets of Chicago with firearms until after his inauguration.
    At this point, I would not rule anything out. It wouldn't have to have been Trump himself, or Barr. Any far right-wing group that supports Trump could have done it. At this point, it's just one person's opinion, based on experience working with those in the inner cities who are most likely to end up in gangs.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, not by any stretch. But from what I have seen so far, in regards to sending in the unmarked troops and in regards to those who instigated violence during the protests, I'm willing to be open-minded enough to consider this an issue that needs to be investigated.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess you can file this under the category of "Why Bother?"

Melania Trump Announces Rose Garden Renewal Project

At times I want to give Melania a little sympathy...she is married to Donald after all. But she lives a life of leisure mostly, or at least as far as we can tell. She is undoubtedly the least active First Lady in recent memory. Her campaign against bullying was ripe for ridicule considering the conduct of her husband. It does make one wonder if she has been putting up with some form of that from dear old hubby.

I sometimes wonder what she does all day. She doesn't get much press coverage...everything focuses on the latest outrageous act of her husband. If she's made any appearance on Fox I have not been aware of them. It looks like this is just another case of the Rose Garden Strategy and it just being put out there to get some positive press for the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    To the poster above, if you took the time to read the rest of my post instead of cherry picking, my point wasthat one bad egg is not representative of everyone.
    It's not just ONE bad egg and you know it. If I were shopping for eggs and opened a carton and found that, oh let's say 9 out of 12 of them were cracked, I'd not only not buy that carton, but I would report it to a store clerk. But I guess that you, CTTT, would purchase the carton, bring it home and make an omelet out of the 3 good eggs, and if you ended up getting sick from eating that omelet, oh well, those are the breaks, right?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

At times I want to give Melania a little sympathy...she is married to Donald after all. But she lives a life of leisure mostly, or at least as far as we can tell. She is undoubtedly the least active First Lady in recent memory. Her campaign against bullying was ripe for ridicule considering the conduct of her husband. It does make one wonder if she has been putting up with some form of that from dear old hubby.

I sometimes wonder what she does all day. She doesn't get much press coverage...everything focuses on the latest outrageous act of her husband. If she's made any appearance on Fox I have not been aware of them. It looks like this is just another case of the Rose Garden Strategy and it just being put out there to get some positive press for the campaign
    It will also give Trump an easy excuse for not giving any Rose Garden press conferences.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Umm, what happened with the tennis court? Too hot to play? I don't give FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States) a lick of sympathy, she bought into the grift when she plagerized Michelle Obama's speech at the RNC in 2016, and her "I Don't Care" coat was the tipping point with me while her so-called campaign was nothing but a scam to make the brainless rubes who support Trump think she was doing something good. Much as I'm loath to give this White House any credit, they made the right decision to limit Melania's public exposure because she brings absolutely nothing to the table, she's just a fancy looking golddigger who puts her vapid emptiness on display every time she's put in front of a camera. Who the hell needs that?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Blake Farenthold, the four-term U.S. House Representative from Texas' 27th Congressional District, who originally won office in 2010 by only 799 votes, and then had his district gerrymandered into being far more conservative, guaranteeing him victories in future elections as long as he did not face a primary opponent. Farenthold was elected despite being photographed at a “campaign fundraiser” prior to his arrival in the Tea Party Wave at a gentlemen's club with one of the ladies who was "featured entertainment" while wearing a set of rubber ducky pajamas. It comes as little surprise, then, that Farenthold was sued by his former Communications Director for sexual harassment shortly after winning election to his third term in 2014, in the form telling her he had “sexual fantasies” and “wet dreams” about her, and that there were occasions where he’d joke about her having semen on her skirt, or show her nipples to get along better with his chief of staff.. Through his career, Farenthold repeatedly showed himself to be one of the most rock-stupid members of Congress when he would go on cable news, where he would openly identify himself as a Birther or exhibit to the public that he doesn’t understand how the debt ceiling works. He gleefully voted for the 2013 Government Shutdown in October of 2016 after the Access Hollywood tape was revealed where Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, with Farenthold dismissed it as “all locker room talk”, before saying of Trump, "Until he does something so bad to make him worse than Hillary , I'm still in.” Chris Hayes of MSNBC asked a follow-up hypothetical question of if a tape also emerged of Donald Trump literally saying, “I like to rape women”, if Farenthold would still support him then, and Farenthold actually answered, "That would be bad. I would have to consider it." In his final term in office, Farenthold was one of six Republicans who led the charge to try and defund the Office of Congressional Ethics, because he held a personal grudge against them for, y’know, enforcing ethics. Which included the sexual harassment case filed against him by his former Communications Director a few years back. In May of 2017, he went on CNN, and while being asked about the Trump/Russia investigation, he tried to deflect to claim that instead of investigating that breach of our democracy, federal investigators should instead take a look at how the DNC hack by Russia was actually an “inside job”, referencing the sort of partisan garbage that was coming out of Sean Hannity at the time, and Farenthold acknowledging parts of the conspiracy theory surrounding the deceased DNC staffer, Seth Rich. When called out for how irresponsible Farenthold’s comments were by CNN anchors Poppy Harlow and John Berman, Farenthold shrugged it off, because of “there’s stuff circulating on the internet”. In July of 2018, Farenthold was lamenting that the Senate GOP kept failing to pass an Obamacare repeal, and he didn’t just blame it on the ladies of the Senate and call them “repugnant”, he said that if they were men, he would challenge them to a duel to solve the impasse. After it was discovered that Farenthold used $84,000 of taxpayer money to pay off the woman he sexually harassed, it took a full three months of criticism and calls for his resignation, before he mercifully relented and did resign. He has gone on to become a lobbyist, arguably not following the law in his hire, and insisting he would not be repaying the taxpayers for sexually harassing staffers, and we’re all on the hook for $84,000 grand from this scumbag. In any event, we’re thrilled he’s no longer in office, and highly unlikely to return.

On this date in 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled former Montana State Senator Jason Priest, who was first elected in… what else? The 2010 Tea Party Wave. We’re going to make this brief… the above photos of Priest are his mugshot, as he was arrested for domestic assault in February of 2014. As the story goes, Priest’s estranged wife was out on a date with her new boyfriend, and at home and enraged about that fact, he ordered his daughter to call his wife so she would answer, and demanded she “pick her daughter up”. His wife and her new fella had the good sense to contact the police to meet them at the residence, which ended up being the right call. By the time Priest’s wife arrived, he had already physically abused his teenage daughter, and then attacked his wife and her boyfriend on the porch. The police then rolled up to the scene and took Priest into custody. He initially plead not guilty and was looking at up to five years in prison. He ended up pleading to a lesser charge, and was given a deferred prison sentence. Jason Priest obviously, at that point, knew his re-election campaign in 2014 wasn’t going to go so well, and focused on his legal woes. Which meant he couldn’t stay in office to try to make sure the death penalty didn’t get overturned, that federal firearms laws would be ignored in Montana, and trying to nullify the Affordable Care Act. On all levels, Montana is better off without him in office. As he seems highly unlikely to ever return to office, we’ll retire his profile at this time and take a look at another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 894-45, since this was established in July 2014.)

Jeremy Brown

Welcome to what is the 894th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Jeremy Brown, a 2020 Republican candidate who ran in Florida’s 14th Congressional District. More importantly, he is an enthusiastic supporter of the ludicrous Qanon conspiracy theory, repeatedly using his Twitter account to post with both the QAnon hashtag and QAnon slogan, while including the slogan in his own Twitter profile. Back in November 2019, he posted “Since concluding my research into #QAnon & #TheGreatAwakening, last week I announced I too am a part of #WWG1WGA”. He has also posted an image of an apparent “Q” neon sign and commented on it, saying if “#TheGreatAwakening hit Tampa,” and he attended a rally on January 11th, 2020 in Tampa supporting QAnon.

Jeremy Brown also filled out a nice little “get to know you” written questionnaire with Ballotpedia where, while showing the only thing he believes in liberally is the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, he listed some Congressmen he would like to emulate, and he named off Jim Jordan, Louie Gohmert, Allen West, and Rand Paul, which reads like a who’s who of GOP kooks. Not for nothing, but he also seemed very big on the “America First” philosophy originally pitched the Charles Lindbergh as an American Nazi that’s come back to the fore with Donald Trump.

Alas, Jeremy Brown dropped out of the race on March 5, and will likely return to his hobby of trying to find out where the mole children are being held by their captors. Congress should be far better off without him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Speaking of how the GOP seem to have a lot of bad eggs... at a campaign rally for Hank Gilbert, the Democratic challenger to bats*** Congressman Louie Gohmert, some pro-Gohmert folks showed up to "counterprotest".

And by that I mean white supremacists with Confederate flag tattoos and "white pride" tattoos loyal to Gohmert showed up to physically attack them and get arrested. He has not spoken out against actual violence being carried out, and continues to ramble about calling for an end to the Democratic Party for having supported slavery 150 years ago. While white supremacists that want slavery back attack his political foes in his name.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

To the poster above, if you took the time to read the rest of my post instead of cherry picking, my point wasthat one bad egg is not representative of everyone.
    You're talking to the guy who wrote detailed articles on literally hundreds of "bad eggs" in the GOP.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Umm, what happened with the tennis court? Too hot to play? I don't give FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States) a lick of sympathy, she bought into the grift when she plagerized Michelle Obama's speech at the RNC in 2016, and her "I Don't Care" coat was the tipping point with me while her so-called campaign was nothing but a scam to make the brainless rubes who support Trump think she was doing something good. Much as I'm loath to give this White House any credit, they made the right decision to limit Melania's public exposure because she brings absolutely nothing to the table, she's just a fancy looking golddigger who puts her vapid emptiness on display every time she's put in front of a camera. Who the hell needs that?
    Yeah, I guess you're right. There have been very few reports of her doing anything with the usual charities. Now that Barron is taller than her, he doesn't need her to babysit him all the time. One wonders how she passes the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You're talking to the guy who wrote detailed articles on literally hundreds of "bad eggs" in the GOP.
    There are more than ten thousand Republican elected officials and candidates, so it's not actually a meaningful number, especially if one of the hundreds of "bad eggs" is Mitt Romney.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are more than ten thousand Republican elected officials and candidates, so it's not actually a meaningful number, especially if one of the hundreds of "bad eggs" is Mitt Romney.
    You mean Mr. 47% who just wrote a law to gut Social Security and Medicare? Him? But at least he voted to remove the Orange Menace from Office. Something I believe you were not in favor of.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...-behind-closed

It's not bout them all being evil like Trump an McConnell, it's about how almost all of the Republicans in office go along with Trump and his policies.

I think the analogy here was 9 out of 12 eggs is still a bad dozen you would throw away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Controversial U.S. Ambassador to Iceland wanted firearm, security for Reykjavik post

The U.S. Ambassador to Iceland wanted to carry a gun.
    Paid
    Sponsored by TBD Media
    Global Thought Leaders
    How will your life be changed by the business leaders shaping the world of tomorrow?

Despite being assigned to one of the safest countries in the world, Jeffrey Ross Gunter has been "paranoid" about his security since coming to Reykjavik last year, according to a dozen diplomats, government officials, former officials and individuals familiar with the situation. As a result, Gunter wanted the State Department to obtain special permission from the Icelandic government for him to have a firearm. They say he also wanted door-to-door armored car service, and entertained the idea of wearing a "stab-proof vest."

The State Department declined to say if there is any credible threat to Gunter's safety, but U.S. government officials told CBS News the ambassador has been informed multiple times that he is at no extraordinary risk. Regardless, the embassy recently placed a jobs listing in Icelandic newspapers looking for local, full-time "bodyguards." Those same officials said they believe security is being augmented to placate Gunter's "irrational" concerns.
    "In order to ensure continuity of support for Embassy Reykjavik while Ambassador Gunter selected a new, permanent DCM, the State Department also deployed four experienced career foreign service officers to serve short-term details as Acting DCM from January 2020 to June 2020," a State Department spokesperson said when asked about the high turnover. "These temporary duty assignments were of short duration by design."

But Gunter didn't get along with the acting deputies either. According to three individuals familiar with the situation, the ambassador once "flew into a rage" because a DCM left snow boots under their own desk in the middle of the Icelandic winter. Sources said he accused others of various, unsubstantiated infractions, including trying to undermine him to Washington and being complicit with the "deep state."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

So, these "crazy/stupid Republicans" pictures that are being posted why not do one for Democrats too? Fair is fair.

Ultimate Member

So, these "crazy/stupid Republicans" pictures that are being posted why not do one for Democrats too? Fair is fair.
    Is your arm broke? Because you could do that, ya know.

Anybody is free to do what WBE is doing with Democrats. Do you have any in mind?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!