In the category of news I can't get enough of... Proud Boys ringleader Tusitala "Tiny" Toese just got sentenced to 8 years in prison for inciting a riot in Portland in 2021.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

https://www.congress.gov/event/118th...116284?s=1&r=3

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Constitution and Limited Government is having a hearing on "The Dangers and Due Process Violations of 'Gender-Affirming Care' for Children" on Thursday, you can already tell by the title how it will be filled with hatred and misinformation. This is all a prelude for pushing for a complete ban at some point.

Yes, yes... Republicans totally have the interests of our children, and mothers at heart.

Anyway, here's Bob Young, an Ohio Republican state legislator who refuses to resign even though he slapped his wife across the face in front of witnesses and then tried to throw her phone in the swimming pool when she tried to call the cops. Then the wife fled to his brother's house, and he attacked his own brother and they allegedly got in a fight that saw the both of them smash through a glass door.

But of course, this:
    First elected in 2020, Young has received hundreds of thousands from the Ohio Republican Party and voted just last month to pass an omnibus anti-trans bill called the Saving Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act, as well as a Parental Bill of Rights law to censor teaching about queer identity and resources for LGBTQ youth in schools.

So, Jesse Watters really just stated in response to Vice-President Harris and MSNBC that slavery "benefitted" African-Americans by "teaching" us "skills" and making us more "resilient".

There is no bottom for this propaganda-reel and its political affiliates.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So, other than the final generation of slaves, who were freed after the Civil War, when exactly were they supposed to implement these skills they learned? They were born slaves and they were slaves until the day they died. But, yeah they were learning skills they could use later in life. Like slavery was some kind of prep school.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

I really dont get why they are pushing this. It is so dumb it doesnt make any sense. I mean the CRT made up bs is one thing. But trying to make humanities worst moments have an upside? The defenders are whats silly. Who are you trying to convince? Jesse etc? The only ones buying it are racists full stop.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Jesse Watters really just stated in response to Vice-President Harris and MSNBC that slavery "benefitted" African-Americans by "teaching" us "skills" and making us more "resilient".

Is this the asswipe who replaced F*cker Carlson? If so, then he’s going to be just as repugnant as his predecessor.

As a black man, I can’t even begin to express how revolted I am with is blatant lie about how my people learned important skills while in slavery. That’s so much bullshit, the stench is overpowering.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's the propaganda network created by a party that's today, quite blatantly and unapologetically, a white nationalist party.

And anyone who doubts otherwise should maybe consider that about a third of the Republican Party Caucus in the House voted against a measure to criticize white nationalism and the Great Replacement Theory in the past few weeks. It's who they are now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So, other than the final generation of slaves, who were freed after the Civil War, when exactly were they supposed to implement these skills they learned? They were born slaves and they were slaves until the day they died. But, yeah they were learning skills they could use later in life. Like slavery was some kind of prep school.
    Exactly.

And hell, even when slavery ended, these skills weren't the most useful, as the former slaves were still subject to horrible discrimination.

Mighty Member

I can't groan hard enough at that.

I'll quote Lincoln. "Anyone who defends slavery needs to have it practiced upon themselves."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Let's assume for the moment in the spirit of debate that they're right that slaves who became free were able to "better" themselves with what they learned while in slavery. This racist piece of **** and others like him, because I'm not sorry if you believe this **** you are a racist, that's just a fact, would still need to address this:

1. Most slaves died still in slavery, so this majority of slaves were never given the benefit to "better themselves". Slaves lives and deaths weren't documented so we don't know what the % of slaves are who died in slavery vs those who died in freedom are, but anyone spitballing a number less than 90% is in my opinion a white apologist and racist and liar.

2. That most of those who did make it to freedom were only able to use these skills in free black communities because racist whites at the time weren't going to give money to the people they believed were inferior to them and that they should still own.

3. That comparing this "better" life to what they would have had is again a pretty basic racist viewpoint - they were better off by being "civilized" now than if they'd been born free in Africa where they wouldn't have had to worry about getting their families torn away from them and sold to other racist ass wipes or getting lynched for looking at a white woman or speaking against a white person when an injustice was done or honestly just getting lynched for a racist ass hat's sense of "funsies." Yeah, life in the American south right after the civil war was soooo much better than the life of the average tribe member in Africa [/sarcasm]. People keep acting like forcefully removing people from their family and culture to often abuse horrendous treatment like they're subhuman was a gift from tribal life - that's racism, if you believe that lie you are a racist.

I had a fourth point but honestly I forgot it while typing because of what a truly idiotic piece of bull **** this whole damn argument is. I'm not sorry but slavery was a bad thing, an overwhelmingly bad thing, and trying to argue "well black people also benefited from slavery too" is such a ridiculously obvious racist lie and outright utter evil bullshit that I can't believe we're having this goddamn argument in 2023 and not from some 1960's Southern Republican congressman hopeful praising how great segregation is and trying to stop the Civil Rights movement.

So, for those who might try and debate me on this topic, please fucking don't. If you don't understand this by now then go **** off and die. And by "this" I mean this absolute fact:

SLAVERY WAS EVIL. THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT SLAVERY THAT BENEFITS THE SLAVE OR FORMER SLAVE. AND IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE YOU ARE A RACIST.

I can't believe that still needs saying but this is the America of the future year 2023 apparently. Wow omg such progress.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 07-24-2023 at 10:36 PM.

Alabama Anti-Abortion Leader Indicted on Child Sexual Abuse Charges

https://jezebel.com/alabama-anti-abo...l-a-1850669807

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I really dont get why they are pushing this. It is so dumb it doesnt make any sense. I mean the CRT made up bs is one thing. But trying to make humanities worst moments have an upside? The defenders are whats silly. Who are you trying to convince? Jesse etc? The only ones buying it are racists full stop.
    They're just mean. It hurts people they don't like, so they do it.

It was back in 2014 on this date that “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published our profile of the former U.S. Senator from Kentucky, Jim Bunning, a retired Cy Young major league baseball pitcher, who in spite of obvious signs that he was suffering from dementia, was still backed by the Republican Party to not lose a Senate seat in the 2004 elections. Those signs were pretty clear, like leaving interviews to go charging after people supporting his opponent in an angry haze, saying his opponent "looked like one of Saddam Hussein's sons”, warning of Al Qaeda attacks that Homeland Security even debunked, accusing his opponent of sending people to stalk his wife (refuted by local police), and only agree to debate his opponent via a satellite connection from an enclosed location where his staffers presumably helped him with answers. The GOP's reward for winning at all costs, even if it meant putting a senile man back in the capitol, was to be embarrassed by a combative and stubborn man for the next six years, who loved screwing with Sen. Mitch McConnell as much as any Democrat in the Senate. By 2007, Bunning was claiming his wife was being assaulted at political events, and "little green doctors were pounding on my back", which was probably the point where the rest of the Republican Party knew they weren't propping him up yet again in 2010. Sen. Bunning began to go missing from the Senate for periods of a month or more, refusing to return for votes, sometimes not explaining why other than vague "family matters" (we're assuming not the kind with Steve Urkel), and then, at other points, saying he would not be present because he would be watching very important college sports events. By the end, Bunning was cursing out fellow Senators, and growling at the press to get away from him as he entered elevators because they were "for Senators only". Bunning passed away on May 25th, 2017, after complications from a stroke he suffered in October 2016.

In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, as well as in 2022, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” profiled Ryan Fattman, Massachusetts State Senator who after getting elected to the Massachusetts state legislature back in 2011, started talking about illegal immigration, saying he hoped if a female illegal immigrant that got raped, that she would be afraid of reporting it to police for fear of being deported. Like many Republicans after saying something clearly inhumane and disgusting, Fattman then tried claiming he was "being taken out of context". Fattman's voting record, meanwhile, is one of the most regressive in his state, as he voted against attempts by the legislature to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill, voted against measures to keep abortion clinic protesters a safe distance from a clinic so that employees and patients could safely get in and out of them, and in an era of our country’s greatest income inequality in almost a century, has voted against minimum wage increases. Not once, but twice. Fattman also took the bold stance with three other Republicans to vote against a prohibition in Massachusetts on discrimination, as relates to gender identity, in 2016.

Fattman continued to make his focus in government on demonizing immigrants, fighting to hold up the annual state budget over an amendment in it that would have funded sanctuary cities. Meanwhile, outside the state legislature, Fattman has been at anti-immigration rallies and palling around with Jessica Vaughn, whose Center for Immigration Studies just so happens to be classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Overall, he now can boast of having the most conservative voting record in the Massachusetts State Senate.

For the past several months, Democratic legislators in Massachusetts have been working to pass a sweeping police reform bill, in response to the death of George Floyd, and to answer for systematic racism in law enforcement across the country. But you’ll never guess who is single-handedly working to delay the passage of a bill that would take steps to prevent minorities being killed… it’s Ryan Fattman, AGAIN, who’s blocking not just a vote, but even debate on the measure.

Our 2021 update on Ryan Fattman involved the fact that he and his wife are currently under investigation for campaign finance fraud in the 2020 elections, where Fattman exceeded the maximum donation limit to funnel money to his wife’s re-election campaign to be Worcester County Register of Probate, allegedly going over the $100 limit with a $30,000 contribution. Fattman filed a lawsuit to try and prevent this information about the case from being forwarded to the state attorney general, but couldn’t manage to sue his way out of being in legal jeopardy. The case apparently involves not just Fattman and his wife, but his brother, and others on the Republican state committee. His defense of this was, effectively, “NUH UH! NOT ME!” and then he sued the state official who accused him of the campaign violations. In October of 2021, a grand jury convened to begin listening to witnesses about the case, but the wheels of justice are moving very, very slow on this one, if anything comes of it at all… the last update we have is it remains unresolved as of October of 2022.

After coasting to re-election in 2022, unless somebody gets indicted, Fattman looks to still be around until 2024.