Ultimate Member

Let's be honest. A save Trump from prison PAC would likely raise more money

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump PAC Spent $40 Million On Legal Fees In First Half Of 2023: Reports

The Save America political action committee not only paid for the former president's massive legal fees but also those of former aides and advisers. More like the Save Trump From Prison committee. In any event, talk about gobs of money being flushed down the toilet!
    The guys supposedly a billionaire (sometimes think the word "negative" should go in front, that he owes so much banks scared to pull plug)...so why on Earth does anyone feel need to pay his legal fees??

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    The guys supposedly a billionaire (sometimes think the word "negative" should go in front, that he owes so much banks scared to pull plug)...so why on Earth does anyone feel need to pay his legal fees??
    The trash in his cult would give him their last dollar even as he laughed in their faces about how stupid they are for doing it.

My aunt who lives on social security has given 300 bucks in two months to his fundraising.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The trash in his cult would give him their last dollar even as he laughed in their faces about how stupid they are for doing it.

My aunt who lives on social security has given 300 bucks in two months to his fundraising.
    And the whole time they'll either ignore he's laughing at them or claim its all part of some "master strategy to anger those libs!"

Because they need a populist strongman to fix the economic and social problems they believe to be threatening their well being.
    They think Trump is that person and he’s being unfairly prosecuted by the “Deep State”.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

This is legitimately mind boggling to me. I have always said this the people who give to these MAGA scams and even the "legitimate" campaigns they probably aren't even secure in their own finances. Retirement funds etc. But they still continue to give. He flaunts his "wealth" in their faces all the time. Why would any of them feel the need to have to give their meagre earnings to help him "own the libs".

He plays into the I am fighting for you and under constant "witch hunt" give me more perfectly. All those DAs and prosecutors who have exposed these scams like Build the wall etc they are doing their jobs and literally trying to protect MAGA people from obvious scammers. But, they get no credit. They get bashed by these same MAGA people. And they proceed to fall into the next scam.

What are the scams just waiting after the next indictment and possible convictions?

I got a new car this year, I had other big expenses this year. While I gave to Democrats during the last election etc. I wont be giving nearly as much this year and next. I know Dems need money and resources to challenge all these GOP crazies wherever they are. But, I cant give my last dime and make my own situation desperate. That is where these MAGA people differ I have seen. They are so desperate to pay Trumps legal fees and pay the fees of all these frauds touting election interference etc. To their own detriment. They refuse to accept they have been lied too and scammed.

I'd be willing to bet there's a good bit of delusion in some of these people...
    Some still in that "We have to protect the billionaire because if they get rid of billionaires I'll never get to be one!!!!" nonsense mindset
    And some still believing in the laughable myth of 'trickle down'...thinking that if the orange cyst does well, his 'good fortune' will come down to them eventually

Anyone who gives money will feel like any victory Trump has in his trials is something they were also part of. They are paying for a tribal sense of belonging. Even if it is in service if someone who secretly looks down on them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Trump Team Creates Legal-Defense Fund to Cover His Allies’ Bills

Former President Donald J. Trump’s team is creating a legal-defense fund to handle some of the crush of legal bills stemming from the investigations and criminal indictments involving him and a number of employees and associates, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.

The fund, which is expected to be called the Patriot Legal Defense Fund Inc., will be led by Michael Glassner, a longtime Trump political adviser, according to the people familiar with the planning, who were not authorized to discuss it publicly. Another Trump aide who worked at the Trump Organization and then in Mr. Trump’s administration, Lynne Patton, will also be involved, the people said.

It is unclear how broad a group of people the legal-defense fund will cover, but one person said it was not expected to cover Mr. Trump’s own legal bills. In recent months Mr. Trump’s political action committee has paid legal bills for him and several witnesses, spending over $40 million on lawyers in the first half of 2023.

But a wide swath of people have become entangled in the various Trump-related criminal investigations, both as witnesses — of which there are many who work for Mr. Trump personally or did in the White House — as well as defendants.
    The creation of the legal-defense fund could ease some of the financial pressure on Save America, which was severe enough that it requested a refund of the $60 million it had transferred to a pro-Trump super PAC late last year.
    Mr. Trump had long resisted such an entity. For years, he told people that only guilty people have legal-defense funds.

Mr. Trump, a wealthy businessman, has been using money parked in Save America to pay legal bills for himself and a number of witnesses in the four criminal investigations into his actions in and out of office. Save America was created to house the more than $100 million that Mr. Trump raised shortly after the November 2020 election, as he claimed he needed his supporters’ help to combat widespread voter fraud.

No such widespread fraud was ever proved, but Mr. Trump had tens of millions of dollars at his disposal. He cannot spend the money directly on his 2024 presidential candidacy, but has been using it for legal bills. Last year, he made the $60 million transfer to the super PAC that is backing him, well before the refund request was made.

In 2021 and 2022, Save America paid for Mr. Trump's political operation while he was out of office and not an official candidate, paying for staff members and rallies. It also picked up $16 million in legal fees.
    So this new fund is to help directly cover "witnesses" and allies that seemingly stay loyal you would imagine as witnesses and co defendants. You can bet the second they start saying anything detrimental their bills stop getting paid.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 07-31-2023 at 06:56 AM.

An example, Jim Cavezil, the lunatic Trumper starring in the "Sound of Freedom" movie claimed Trump is "Moses" and the only man who can stop trafficking. This is despite the fact that Biden has done more than Trump to stop it and Trump literally took children from their families. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-c...b09a3b48916bb0
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Remember, Republicans act in the nebulous space as both scammers and a bordering-on-the-religious cult disguised as a political party.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    An example, Jim Cavezil, the lunatic Trumper starring in the "Sound of Freedom" movie claimed Trump is "Moses" and the only man who can stop trafficking. This is despite the fact that Biden has done more than Trump to stop it and Trump literally took children from their families. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-c...b09a3b48916bb0
    Man, and I still love Person of Interest.

"Trump stops the crime that's never been proven once!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Man, and I still love Person of Interest.

"Trump stops the crime that's never been proven once!"
    Me too, trust the art, not the artist. But that was Jonathon Nolan, Christopher's brother that made it so good. He also did Westworld.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There are some hilarious stories about Caviezel's time on Person of Interest, though.

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/st...654017/photo/1

Astonishing Member

Twitter Threatens to Sue Hate-Speech Research Group Over Claims That Hateful, Racist Content Has Proliferated Under Elon Musk’s Ownership

Elon Musk has taken legal aim at the Center for Countering Digital Hate, an independent research nonprofit group, over the organization’s findings that since the multibillionaire acquired Twitter (now called X) hate, racism and disinformation on the social platform has substantially increased.

“Musk and his legal team, led by attorney Alex Spiro at Quinn Emanuel, have engaged in an aggressive campaign to intimidate, bully, and silence CCDH,” the organization said in a statement released Monday. “While Elon Musk proclaims to be a ‘free speech absolutist,’ his actions against CCDH show the lengths he will go to silence those who seek to hold him to account.”
    The Center for Countering Digital Hate publishing findings that Twitter failed to take action against 99 of 100 Twitter Blue accounts the organization reported for hate-speech violations. A July 20 letter from Spiro to the organization called the CCDH’s research “false, misleading or both” and said X Corp. is “investigating whether CCDH’s false and misleading claims about Twitter are actionable” under U.S. law. In addition, he wrote, the company has “reason to believe” that the CCDH is “supported by funding from X Corp.’s commercial competitors, as well as government entities and their affiliates.”
    On one hand I see why Elon would want to try and scare away these entities or researches tracking the proliferation of hate speech on the platform since his takeover. As has been widely reported and confirmed the ad revenue has drastically fell off directly because of this.

But, as the response from the group back to Elon shows. It opens up him and the company to legal discovery. What are their internal records on hate speech and letting the users of it on the platform after the takeover? Does it match up with the independent research? Is it worse actually?