Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Let’s hear it for the GQP, the party of law and order….until law and order threatens Trump, then all bets are off and they don’t give a shit about either.

Never thought RICO statutes could be brought up in all this madness.

Also worth noting is that the racist attacks on black and brown members of our government have become so common under Republicans that many of them don't even address them anymore -- instead they gaslight others and claim they aren't a problem.

Because they aren't a problem -- to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Trump can win the election.

I saw an analysis somewhere that if the black turnout declines by just 1% in Georgia, Trump wins that state again. If the turnout in Arizona declines by 6% or so, Trump wins there too.

The democrats can't afford to take this election for granted at all. Trump even in his wounded state is still a force.
    This is should be a given considering his overwhelming support from Republicans and the fact that he has done it before.

Democratic turnout should increase if only by virtue of demographics and more politically active young voters.

But one should never underestimate the Republican ability to stoke animosity and to subvert democratic outcomes.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-01-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Man Fatally Stabbed in Confrontation as He Danced at a Gas Station

O’Shae Sibley was at a Brooklyn gas station with friends late Saturday night, filling up a car and blasting music by Beyoncé when a group of men approached and told them to stop dancing, according to friends.

The men began using slurs and Mr. Sibley, 28, a gay man who was a professional dancer and choreographer, confronted them, according to his friends and a video of the altercation. The argument escalated and one man stabbed Mr. Sibley, according to the police. Otis Pena, one of Mr. Sibley’s best friends, pressed on his wound to stop the bleeding before he was taken to Maimonides Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

“They murdered him because he’s gay, because he stood up for his friends,” Mr. Pena said in a Facebook video that he posted hours after the killing on Coney Island Avenue in Midwood. “His name was O’Shae and you all killed him. You all murdered him right in front of me.”

No arrests had been made by Monday, but the police said that the hate crimes unit was involved in the investigation.
    Imagine being so hateful and joyless, that other people just dancing and enjoying a song living their life. Enrages you to the point of murder. In this particular case he was listening to Beyonce. And it reminded me of all the clips from men and women just like him you see dressing up and going to see her tour this summer. People just wanting to dance and enjoy music with all the distractions and problems in the world you still can't feel 100 percent safe even doing the most basic things like filling up a tank of gas.

Yet you have people trying to defend increasingly hateful rhetoric from the GOP and laws and proposals demonizing LGBT further. Get back in the closet and hide who you are, bury your joy in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Man Fatally Stabbed in Confrontation as He Danced at a Gas Station

Imagine being so hateful and joyless, that other people just dancing and enjoying a song living their life. Enrages you to the point of murder. In this particular case he was listening to Beyonce. And it reminded me of all the clips from men and women just like him you see dressing up and going to see her tour this summer. People just wanting to dance and enjoy music with all the distractions and problems in the world you still can't feel 100 percent safe even doing the most basic things like filling up a tank of gas.

Yet you have people trying to defend increasingly hateful rhetoric from the GOP and laws and proposals demonizing LGBT further. Get back in the closet and hide who you are, bury your joy in shame.
    His religion taught him to hate. As it does to many people. Now I did not say "Religion" teaches people to hate. I said the brand of Islam he is practicing taught him hate. As it does all over the World. And sadly, it is not restricted to Islam.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Also worth noting is that the racist attacks on black and brown members of our government have become so common under Republicans that many of them don't even address them anymore -- instead they gaslight others and claim they aren't a problem.

Because they aren't a problem -- to them.
    Exactly that. And don’t hold your breath waiting for tokens in the party like Tim Scott to call out his fellow Qpublicans on their racism, he won’t since that’s a good way to end up ostracized from the plantation. While I have precious little tolerance for GQPers as a whole, I have absolutely none for cowards of color like Scott who turn a blind eye and dear ear to the rampant bigotry because he puts power and privilege ahead of his people.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His religion taught him to hate. As it does to many people. Now I did not say "Religion" teaches people to hate. I said the brand of Islam he is practicing taught him hate. As it does all over the World. And sadly, it is not restricted to Islam.
    It's really about the brand of religion more than the religion itself, or how that brand of religion is taught. Religion has rarely been super important for me, but for what it's worth I'm basically a Southern Baptist. You're going to find a lot of screwy conservative hate filled bigoted Southern Baptist saying all kinds of hateful shit and voting for politicians out to make lgbt people's lives miserable. But outside of knowing homosexuality was a sin just from knowing the commandments or something (which shows you how important religion was to me that I'm not even 100% sure it was from the commandments) I never in all my years heard any or my pastors speak about it. It was usually the God loves you and only through God can you avoid hell so accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior thing. No seriously, I think 90% of every church service I ever attended was about nothing else at all than trying to convert the usually already largely converted Christian congregation to accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. Of the remaining 10% of church services it was usually more about morals or something than anything about "this is sinful don't do this!" stuff, like maybe a sermon about what Mary or other good mothers did out of love for a Mother's Day sermon or something. Wish most churches were like that most of the time. But I was mostly attending during the 90s and very early 00s. Probably church is a much louder hateful place this past decade or so. Definitely get that feeling from how much hateful stuff I hear from supposed religious men now outside of church.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Probably church is a much louder hateful place this past decade or so. Definitely get that feeling from how much hateful stuff I hear from supposed religious men now outside of church.

Republicans have utilized the church to fulfill their political agenda since at least the early days of Jerry Fallwell with abortion and segregation being key issues.

Individual and communal spirituality are not the same as fundmentalism and bigotry towards others -- though many religious leaders might preach otherwise.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/je...rnd/index.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-01-2023 at 10:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Division by design.

Sheila Oliver, Lt. Governor of NJ, just passed away. I heard she was filling in for Gov Murphy while he was out of state when she suddenly took ill and was hospitalized.

Third in line, the Senate President, is acting Gov until Murphy returns.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-01-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

And its now official...the orange boil has been indicted by Department Of Justice over Jan. 6 coup attempt. Along with 6 unnamed co-conspirators.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    And its now official...the orange boil has been indicted by Department Of Justice over Jan. 6 coup attempt. Along with 6 unnamed co-conspirators.
    Just got an alert about that. (Un)truth Social should be plenty interesting tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Now we just have to see if anyone with all of these charges he is facing in the different cases will flip on him.

But now maybe all the people bitching (Me included) that this was not taking long enough will shut up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sheila Oliver, Lt. Governor of NJ, just passed away. I heard she was filling in for Gov Murphy while he was out of state when she suddenly took ill and was hospitalized.

Third in line, the Senate President, is acting Gov until Murphy returns.
    That's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    This is sensible.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

And he is already making a profit on it. Just a few minutes after the indictment came out he sent out an email blast and on truth for a new fund raiser to help raise money for his defense.

So it took all of 5 minutes before he started milking his cult.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And he is already making a profit on it. Just a few minutes after the indictment came out he sent out an email blast and on truth for a new fund raiser to help raise money for his defense.

So it took all of 5 minutes before he started milking his cult.
    And I'm sure it only took 5 minutes because it takes time for things to process. He'd have been doing it sooner if he could have.

Ultimate Member

"Trump indicted by grand jury on 2020 election interference: Live updates"

"WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump was criminally charged Tuesday in connection with his efforts to reverse his loss to President Joe Biden in 2020.

The charges mark the unprecedented third criminal indictment against the former president since he launched his latest bid for the 2024 Republican nomination. No other U.S. president, current or former, has ever faced criminal charges.

The election probe was led by special counsel Jack Smith, who also oversaw a separate investigation into Trump’s retention of classified documents at his resort home Mar-a-Lago after leaving the White House in 2021. Trump, in June, was charged with 37 counts related to his alleged efforts to conceal those records from the government. He received additional charges in the case last week, stemming from an alleged effort to delete surveillance footage from the Palm Beach club...

Trump was hit with four serious felonies in the new indictment, accusing him of fraudulently trying to undo his loss in the 2020 election.

The first charge, conspiracy to defraud the United States, has a maximum possible sentence of five years in prison if convicted.

Two other charges — conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, and obstruction of an official proceeding — carry much heavier maximums: 20 years in prison.

The fourth charge against Trump, conspiracy against rights, has a maximum possible sentence of 10 years behind bars.

The Department of Justice indictment accused Trump of pursuing ways to discount legitimate votes in the 2020 presidential race and subvert the election itself through three criminal conspiracies, a spokesman for the special counsel’s office said in a press release.

The first was a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. “by using dishonesty, fraud and deceit to obstruct the nation’s process of collecting, counting, and certifying the results of the presidential election,” the spokesman said.

The second was “a conspiracy to impede” the Jan. 6, 2021, congressional proceeding where the election results were certified.

The third was “a conspiracy against the right to vote and to have that vote counted,” the spokesman said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/01/trum...s-charges.html