Page 460 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3604104504564574584594604614624634644705105609601460 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member

Btw what shouldn’t be lost in this is the gdp shrunk by 32%. Largest decline ever prior to this was 10%

Astonishing Member

I'd say Cain was a victim of far right propaganda. How do you get such a large chunk of the population into not believing the science that comes out from the pandemic.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Btw what shouldn’t be lost in this is the gdp shrunk by 32%. Largest decline ever prior to this was 10%
    Yeah, and not too long afterward, Trump dropped that insane tweet about wanting to "postpone" the election. If there's anyone out there who thinks that was a coincidence, please PM me, I have some excellent beachfront property in Montana I'm sure you'll just love!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Plenty of non-dumbass people have died in the exact same way he did. Cain wasn't a great guy, there's certainly a lot of suffering he's responsible for in this pandemic. But I don't wish Covid-19 on anyone, nor do I take joy from people dying of it.
    I was referring to "that's what he gets for being anti-masks." Sorry if I offended you or whatever.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

RIP Herman Cain, thoughts and prayers to his family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman...ion_and_career

In 1967, Cain graduated from Morehouse College with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. In 1971, he received a Master of Science in Computer Science from Purdue University, while working full-time as a ballistics analyst for the U.S. Department of the Navy as a civilian.

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta as a computer systems analyst. In 1977, he moved to Minneapolis to join Pillsbury, soon becoming director of business analysis in its restaurant and foods group in 1978.
    Herman Cain was smart enough to get a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and a Master of Science in Computer Science, but he wasn't smart enough to take precautions in the midst of a pandemic.

Being a successful entrepreneur who saved a pizza restaurant chain from bankruptcy, he may have been smarter than Trump but for his fiery and unflattering Twitter rhetoric about the radical Left, he ended up being the African American version of Trump.

He held a BLM sign in what he called ‘America’s most racist town.’ The result? A viral video of abuse.

As a gray Buick SUV approached the man holding a Black Lives Matter sign on a street in Harrison, Ark., the driver slowed down.

“What about White lives?” the woman in the passenger’s seat yelled out. “We matter, too!”

“You’re a White man!” the driver exclaimed, adding an anti-Semitic slur as they sped away.

Over the three days Rob Bliss held the sign in the sweltering July heat in Harrison, a town known as a haven for white supremacists and home to the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, similar interactions happened again and again.
    Bliss is a director and producer based in Los Angeles and is known for making viral stunts aimed at socially conscious messages — including a video from 2014 when he recorded a woman being constantly heckled while walking around New York. Bliss captured his interactions in Harrison, and scores more, on a GoPro camera that he strapped to his chest and peeked out a hole in his T-shirt. He edited his footage down to a two-minute video, which he argues provides vivid firsthand evidence that racism is alive and well in parts of the country.
    “People in the U.S. believe that there is only institutional racism or biases or subconscious racism,” Bliss said.

Bliss’s video swiftly went viral after he uploaded it Monday, with various uploads of the video on YouTube and Twitter receiving roughly 3 million views as of early Thursday. It also circulated widely on Facebook with the bold title, “Holding a Black Lives Matter Sign in America’s Most Racist Town,” and with a lead image of him holding the sign in front of a white supremacist billboard.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-30-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Talking

I apologize if this has already been posted but it's just so insane I need to share. The antics of former Republican K.W. Miller -

Florida congressional candidate K.W. Miller goes on bizarre Twitter rant linking Beyonce to George Soros

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...-patti-labelle

Dragon Ball Z Criticized By Florida Congressional Candidate For Being Too Sexualized

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/po...it/5382466002/

Edit -

"K.W. Miller, a Jensen Beach Republican running under no party affiliation, had until this moment remained relatively quiet.

He has yet to report to the Federal Election Commission any money raised, after officially forming his campaign in April. A GoFundMe, launched in June, for his campaign has raised $795 out of a $500,000 goal. He had mostly stumped himself as a constitutionalist conservative, who could usurp U.S. Rep. Brian Mast, a Republican “in name only."

Last edited by Celgress; 07-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Because of course he did, because of course and it happened during Obama's eulogy.

The White House press pool was just abruptly called to gather. President Trump has nothing on his schedule for another 90 minutes.

Election officials game out worst-case scenarios in drills

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Department of Homeland Security’s cybersecurity agency this week hosted a three-day tabletop exercise aimed at helping local, state and federal officials prepare for and respond to worst-case scenarios on Election Day.

The virtual exercise, which concluded Thursday, involved more than 2,000 participants who brainstormed ways to deal with problems and crises that could arise during a November election expected to bring unique challenges tied to the coronavirus pandemic.

“One of the great things about them is they’re always designed to basically be your worst day ever. The good thing about it is it really forces you to think through a lot of issues,” said Ben Hovland, a commissioner on the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.

Screenshot_2020-07-30 Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter Imagine trying to explain to your coll.jpg

Twitter Link

I have been in enough situations where I have had to explain these things to others. Though not everyone in my generation or older are that Social Media illerate.

Pompeo refuses to say that the President can't delay an election.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JesseDami...038499843?s=19

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pompeo refuses to say that the President can't delay an election.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JesseDami...038499843?s=19
    ****! Pompous Pompeo knows that, he might be a cretin, but he’s not stupid.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    ****! Pompous Pompeo knows that, he might be a cretin, but he’s not stupid.
    Administration officials who contradict Benedict Donald quickly become former administration officials.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

I feel like you're trying to imply that nepotism is bad. WTF, dude?