Page 462 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3624124524584594604614624634644654664725125629621462 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My mind is beyond boggled, I just can't comprehend what I read. And THIS is why the virus is running amok, threatening millions of people. I mean, Jesus, what good is "liberty" when you're hooked up to a ventilator and struggling to breathe? What good is "freedom" when you're dead and in a pine box after having contracted COVID? How is it none of these lunatics understand that?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My mind is beyond boggled, I just can't comprehend what I read. And THIS is why the virus is running amok, threatening millions of people. I mean, Jesus, what good is "liberty" when you're hooked up to a ventilator and struggling to breathe? What good is "freedom" when you're dead and in a pine box after having contracted COVID? How is it none of these lunatics understand that?
    It's the same type of freedom that means any lunatic who wants a gun for mass murder can get one. As it 'Not really freedom and amazingly short sighted' kind of way.

It’s selfishness under the guise of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    For anyone in doubt about the GOP, here is a Republican political consultant, Stuart Stevens, in the NYT:

“ I spent decades working to elect Republicans, including Mr. Romney and four other presidential candidates, and I am here to bear reluctant witness that Mr. Trump didn’t hijack the Republican Party. He is the logical conclusion of what the party became over the past 50 or so years, a natural product of the seeds of race-baiting, self-deception and anger that now dominate it. Hold Donald Trump up to a mirror and that bulging, scowling orange face is today’s Republican Party.”
    I agree with that statement. It's also disturbing how many conservatives were totally on board with the entire time and are still willing to die on that hill. A hill that's basically a pile of garbage.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I agree with that statement. It's also disturbing how many conservatives were totally on board with the entire time and are still willing to die on that hill. A hill that's basically a pile of garbage.
    Hey, it got them tax cuts, a 5-4 edge on SCOTUS, a boatload of right wingers installed in the courts while leaving them free and clear to let their racism/sexism/homophobia flag fly openly and proudly. In their narrow little minds, it was all worth it, and more.

OMG I just realized....we're almost living in the prequel to the Star Trek episode Miri
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Time to freak out WPP again

"Zombie cicadas" infected with mind-controlling fungus return to West Virginia

Humans aren't the only ones susceptible to the psychedelic chemicals found in magic mushrooms. "Zombie cicadas" — under the influence of a parasitic fungus — have reemerged in West Virginia to infect their friends, and now scientists have a better understanding of how it happens.

Researchers from West Virginia University recently saw the return of these bizarre creatures, which are infected with a fungus called Massospora. According to a study published in the journal PLOS Pathogens, the fungus manipulates the insects to unknowingly infect other cicadas, rapidly transmitting the disease to create a zombie army of sorts.

When a male cicada is infected with Massospora, researchers found it flicks its wings like a female, a known mating call. This behavior attracts healthy male cicadas, facilitating the spread of the fungus, which contains chemicals including psilocybin, found in hallucinogenic mushrooms.
    If link is broken, blame the forum. I can share the link with anyone interested.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-31-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just when you thought 2020 couldn't 2020 more....zombie insect plague.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ooooooooh WBE! More stupidity from my homestate of Wisconsin. The Republicans are gearing up to do something really stupid.

Wisconsin Senate Republicans “stand ready” to strike down the statewide mask mandate that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers announced on Thursday, the GOP Senate leader said Friday.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald stopped short of promising that the Senate would vote to kill the order, which is slated to take effect on Saturday. Fitzgerald, a candidate for Congress who faces a GOP primary on Aug. 11, also did not indicate when the Senate might convene.

“Republicans in the state Senate stand ready to convene the body to end the governor’s order,” Fitzgerald said in a statement. “The governor has caved to the pressure of liberal groups on this. How can we trust that the he won’t cave again and stop schools that choose in-person instruction this fall? There are bigger issues at play here, and my caucus members stand ready to fight back.”

State law gives the Legislature authority to revoke a governor’s emergency order. But the Assembly, controlled by Republicans, would also have to vote to strike down the order. Assembly Speaker Robin Vos on Thursday said he expected the order to face a legal challenge, but didn’t raise the possibility of the Legislature taking action. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.

You really gotta profile Robin Vos and Scott Fitzgerald at some point. These two are pieces of work that been trying their damnest to kill everyone in Wisconsin with them fighting everything that Evers is trying to do to combat coronavirus.

Hopefully they catch it. F*ck 12.

If they want to disobey laws and die who am I to stop them. That's what All/blue Lives Matter is all about; punishing minor legal transgressions with death.

Seems consistent to me.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-31-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Those are just the Trump voters showing up for the election /predictablejoke

The thing that gets me the most is that most of these people are the same people who have nothing but distain for protestors striving for equal justice under the law for an entire race of people but are whining about their precious constitutional rights over having to wear a protective covering during a pandemic. Oh the tragedy, the injustice of their trivial inconvenience.
    Power with Girl is better.

Yeah, I just heard about that. Christ on a crutch! Who in hell pissed off Mother Nature that she’s plaguing us with this insane ****? 2020 continues being one endless clusterfuck.

I've always wondered how a county could have a Republican candidate and Democratic candidate for Sheriff. The difference is that Republicans think they can choose which laws they want to enforce. IMO it disproves the concept of any law enforcement position being an elected office. The winner is immediately beholden to whoever helped get them elected and is more concerned with winning the next election than enforcing the law.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I just heard about that. Christ on a crutch! Who in hell pissed off Mother Nature that she’s plaguing us with this insane ****? 2020 continues being one endless clusterfuck.
    Umm, all of humanity? Have you even met us? We kinda suck.