Page 48 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I agree, well I also agree with the previous poster that the Tories did a good job of making him out to be Communist numero uno, his past affiliations didn't help his cause much, when George Galloway is your biggest cheerleader...it's a problem.
    Agree, he really, REALLY didn't help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because he got the highest number of votes in history and had a strong base.
    Well... a) they had changed the rules to allow more votes, b) he also got the worst Labour election results in 100 years. The former record breaking results didn't seem to help the latter record breaking results

Unfortunately people didnt go the poles. Political apathy, tarred and feathered by the right wing press (Yeah I REALLY believe the paper that supported facists got it rught by claiming the guy whos consistently been on the right side of history is an anti semite because he went "Yeah Israel...your...uhh...being a tad shitty there guys") including at one point a ludicrous case of them claiming he was a soviet era spy.
    I think this narrative of removing the all blame for his spectacular failure at the polls is a very, VERY big issue. Let's not entirely remove Corbyn from the equation. Did the press smear him, yes. Did he help the situation? NO! There is never a 'good' time to start telling Jewish people they have a 'flawed' definition of what 'counts' as anti-semitism; but the kind of hubris it must take to be labelled an anti-semite repeatedly and think NOW is the time to fight this battle... it certainly doesn't discourage the narrative that he has a limited respect for the Jewish community. That was a very, VERY poor choice on his part; and showed many a lack of faith in his ability to actually lead.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think it was a mistake for him to stay.
    But I can understand why he decided to ignore the usual practice of resigning after losing a General Election.
    I understand why people tolerated it more than they should have, but time now showed us that was the wrong decision. The fact he STILL clung onto power after he lost a second general election said it all. Power corrupts...

First he hadn’t actually been Labour leader for long, so hadn’t had much chance to work out the detail of most of his aspirations. (e.g.We all know he wanted “fairer taxation”...but how was he going to bring that about in practice??)
    Second he had a strong power base: he couldn’t be forced out.
    Ding ding ding ding. And here in lay the issue. But a leader shouldn't have to be forced out, they should step down when they lose.

Third..there was no obvious alternate leader. I’m really not a “fan” of his...but I’d have been hard pressed to nominate some one who was obviously better than him to prepare Labour for winning next election.
    Yvette Cooper would have been a much better candidate (in my opinion) to take over after he lost to May.

Fourth...he lost narrowly..against all predictions. (My own view is that it was because Theresa May ran the worst campaign in living memory...and it was telling I think that she was eventually forced to resign leadership before he did.)
    Interesting, see I take the opposite attitude. She ran the worst campaign in living memory... AND HE STILL DIDN'T WIN! To me, that said it all. If you can't beat the worst campaign ever, you really don't stand a chance when they actually campaign well.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What the **** is Obama even supposed to testify about ? As far as I'm aware Obamagate is just a syphilitic fever dream that El Douche vomited on to twitter to try and take eyes off of him. Like its literally fabricated wholesale without even a shred of evidence, supposition or even act-that-hes-supoosed-to-testify-over
    It's just more evidence of Obama living rent free in Trump's head ever since the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, and Adolf Twitler just can't quit him, no matter how hard he tries. Almost every action Trump has taken since 2017, including his having shitcanned that comprehensive manual on dealing with pandemics has been about trashing Obama's legacy for no other reason than simple spite and his driving need to settle a vendetta that exists only in his warped mind. At this point, it's beyond pathetic, but Trump isn't about to stop with the attacks as long as Obama draws breath.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

PBS Newshour:

All 74 former staffers we spoke with (62 were women), said they never experienced any uncomfortable behavior from Biden. They said Reade shld be heard but her allegation is counter to what they know.

These are staffers at all levels from 1972 - 2016.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations

We spoke with a former coworker of Reade's, Ben Savage, who sat next to her. He says she was fired for performance issues that he witnessed and spoke up about. Reade's attorney says this is not true, that she was pushed out as retaliation.
    https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status...178169344?s=20
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 05-15-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

What 74 former Biden staffers think about Tara Reade’s allegations

The PBS NewsHour spoke with 74 former Biden staffers, of whom 62 were women, in order to get a broader picture of his behavior toward women over the course of his career, how they see the new allegation, and whether there was evidence of a larger pattern.

None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade. Former staffers said they believed Reade should be heard, and acknowledged that their experiences do not disprove her accusation.
    Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

“The one thing about Joe Biden is, he is a man of the highest character and that’s why these accusations are so surreal and just can’t comport with the man I worked with,” said Marcia Lee Taylor, a senior policy advisor on the Judiciary Committee, where women held leading roles when Biden served as chairman.

But he had blindspots, which Biden himself has publicly acknowledged, when it came to how his interactions with women in public could make them uncomfortable.
    Ben Savage, who said his desk was next to Reade’s in the Biden mailroom, disputed her charge that she was forced out of her job in retaliation for a sexual harassment complaint she claims to have filed.

Savage, who worked as the office’s systems administrator, overseeing computers and information processing, told the NewsHour that Reade was fired for her poor performance on the job, which he witnessed — not as retaliation for her complaints about sexual harassment.

But according to Savage, Reade had been mishandling a key part of her job and an essential office task — processing constituent mail, something they worked on together. Savage said he recalls reporting these issues to his boss, deputy chief of staff Dennis Toner. After that, Savage said he began diminishing Reade’s duties, taking over some of her tasks and rerouting parts of the process to exclude her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Devin Nunes: Ballot Harvesting Will Keep CA25 Republican In November

"We are forced to have to ballot harvest, because it's the only way to win. As long as we have a robust ballot harvesting operation come November, and I hate saying that, because it's illegal in 49 states, I think Mike Garcia is in good shape to hold on to that seat, because it's traditionally a Republican seat," said Nunes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So, in essence, Nunes said that Garcia can't win that election on his own merit, that the party has to cheat in order to hold onto that seat. That fair play and honesty no longer has a place in today's GOP (if it ever did).

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agree, he really, REALLY didn't help himself.

Well... a) they had changed the rules to allow more votes, b) he also got the worst Labour election results in 100 years. The former record breaking results didn't seem to help the latter record breaking results

I think this narrative of removing the all blame for his spectacular failure at the polls is a very, VERY big issue. Let's not entirely remove Corbyn from the equation. Did the press smear him, yes. Did he help the situation? NO! There is never a 'good' time to start telling Jewish people they have a 'flawed' definition of what 'counts' as anti-semitism; but the kind of hubris it must take to be labelled an anti-semite repeatedly and think NOW is the time to fight this battle... it certainly doesn't discourage the narrative that he has a limited respect for the Jewish community. That was a very, VERY poor choice on his part; and showed many a lack of faith in his ability to actually lead.

I understand why people tolerated it more than they should have, but time now showed us that was the wrong decision. The fact he STILL clung onto power after he lost a second general election said it all. Power corrupts...

Ding ding ding ding. And here in lay the issue. But a leader shouldn't have to be forced out, they should step down when they lose.

Yvette Cooper would have been a much better candidate (in my opinion) to take over after he lost to May.

Interesting, see I take the opposite attitude. She ran the worst campaign in living memory... AND HE STILL DIDN'T WIN! To me, that said it all. If you can't beat the worst campaign ever, you really don't stand a chance when they actually campaign well.
    I have actually stated before Corbyn's own **** ups so its not a particular "political narrative" on my part. Merely explainkng why the north decided to shoot themselves in the foot. Like Corbyn or not hed be less of a mess then Bojo

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's just more evidence of Obama living rent free in Trump's head ever since the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, and Adolf Twitler just can't quit him, no matter how hard he tries. Almost every action Trump has taken since 2017, including his having shitcanned that comprehensive manual on dealing with pandemics has been about trashing Obama's legacy for no other reason than simple spite and his driving need to settle a vendetta that exists only in his warped mind. At this point, it's beyond pathetic, but Trump isn't about to stop with the attacks as long as Obama draws breath.
    On a serious level though. What is he claiming Obamas done

What the **** is Obama even supposed to testify about ? As far as I'm aware Obamagate is just a syphilitic fever dream that El Douche vomited on to twitter to try and take eyes off of him. Like its literally fabricated wholesale without even a shred of evidence, supposition or even act-that-hes-supoosed-to-testify-over
    They would call Obama in front of the Senate, and he and FBI witnesses would get to remind everyone why it was there was reasonable suspicion of Trump 2016 campaign staffers to launch an investigation, and then point out the mountain of evidence pointing to collusion and coordination between them and the Russians.

And Trump's call to do this would probably, y'know, result in the hearings happening BEFORE the election, to his obvious detriment. Which is why Lindsey Graham had to say "no" and then probably call the White House to point out that this non-scandal is something they need to stoke through rumors, lies, and innuendo on Fox News and OAN, and not do anything under oath that would result in them being exposed.

Because Trump is a moron that gave the game away.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I have actually stated before Corbyn's own **** ups so its not a particular "political narrative" on my part. Merely explainkng why the north decided to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Well... I'm not sure that's much of a rebuttle. "Two threads and four months ago I acknowledged, when pressed, that he wasn't perfect so when I'm listing ALL the reasons why the north didn't vote for him, I left it out..." is a little... creatively redactive (in my opinion)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They would call Obama in front of the Senate, and he and FBI witnesses would get to remind everyone why it was there was reasonable suspicion of Trump 2016 campaign staffers to launch an investigation, and then point out the mountain of evidence pointing to collusion and coordination between them and the Russians.

And Trump's call to do this would probably, y'know, result in the hearings happening BEFORE the election, to his obvious detriment. Which is why Lindsey Graham had to say "no" and then probably call the White House to point out that this non-scandal is something they need to stoke through rumors, lies, and innuendo on Fox News and OAN, and not do anything under oath that would result in them being exposed.

Because Trump is a moron that gave the game away.
    Can you imagine the clown show that would've gone down had Trump followed through on his boast about wanting to testify during the Mueller hearings? And that's why the White House doesn't want Trump under oath because he'd babble like a brook and screw everything up beyond all repair....for the GOP that is.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can you imagine the clown show that would've gone down had Trump followed through on his boast about wanting to testify during the Mueller hearings? And that's why the White House doesn't want Trump under oath because he'd babble like a brook and screw everything up beyond all repair....for the GOP that is.
    I'd love to see folks like McConnell and Graham try to convince the American people that perjury wouldn't be an impeachable offense after the Clinton impeachment.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Is this the only way to get through to them? If so, it's a horrible way to get the message.

Jupiter man skeptical of coronavirus gets infected, changes opinion

JUPITER, Fla. — A Jupiter man, who admits he was skeptical that the coronavirus was a real threat, has a new outlook after contracting the virus.

Around this time last month, Jupiter rideshare driver Brian Hitchens was a self-proclaimed COVID-19 skeptic.

“I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” said Hitchens.

He made Facebook posts downplaying the seriousness and sticking to his faith, saying God is bigger than this virus will ever be.

“I'd get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” Hitchens explained.

Fast forward to this week and Hitchens has a whole new outlook from his hospital bed at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center as a coronavirus-positive patient.
    This hits even closer to home for Hitchens after his wife was admitted to the same hospital at the same time for coronavirus.

"My wife’s on a ventilator. It’s been like that for three weeks, and it’s tough. It’s sad,” said Hitchens.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-15-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Si this the only way to get through to them? If so, it's a horrible way to get the message.

Jupiter man skeptical of coronavirus gets infected, changes opinion
    "I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs man who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has pushed ahead of U.S. President Donald Trump in Florida.

Biden polled at 53 percent to Trump’s 47 percent, a reversal from the March survey, when Trump narrowly led Biden.

Independent voters, expected to be a key group in deciding the race for the White House, prefer Biden by a slight margin of 41 percent to 39 percent.

“While Joe Biden does not seem to generate the enthusiasm that past candidates have garnered, it might not matter,” said Kevin Wagner, Ph.D., a professor of political science at FAU and a research fellow of the Initiative. “Many Democrats seem motivated by the desire to defeat President Trump.”

Biden may generate more excitement after he chooses a vice presidential running mate, but a clear favorite among his Florida supporters has not yet emerged. U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris was the preference of 23 percent of respondents, while U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren earned 16 percent.
    https://business.fau.edu/news/econom...in-florida.php

flor.jpg

Hillary was right!