Page 502 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah but even Hillary had a pretty straightforward pitch - she was going to be the first woman president, and by voting for her you'd be part of making history too. So even if her policy positions were fairly moderate, she could point to that as an argument that she represented a revolutionary agenda just by running.
    Fortunately Hillary didn't really run on that platform, though. It was one of the wisest decisions her or her staff could have made, to avoid running on "I'm a woman" as much as possible. Personally I feel that Hillary had Bill-related baggage that was difficult to overcome, and she listened to the polls too much (a common Clinton error). Its not quite the case with Biden, not to the same extent, he's more in touch with real people, I think, and that should do well for him.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Something happened at the White House and Trump got rushed out of the briefing.

EDIT: Apparently, it was a shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Something happened at the White House and Trump got rushed out of the briefing.

EDIT: Apparently, it was a shooting.
    I saw him return, but didn't watch. After he speaks the press will povide more details.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Via @PeteWilliamsNBC: A law enforcement official says a Secret Service officer fired at a person in Lafayette Park near 17th Street. Officer not injured. Unclear why the person was shot.
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Default The Plot for Biden's VP Thickens

In July, She The People, which advocates for women of color, outlined concerns about Biden's outreach to women of color, particularly in battleground states.
    "Failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election," the letter continued. "We don't want to choose between the lesser of two evils and we don't want to vote for the devil we know versus the devil we don't because we are tired of voting for devils – period."
    Oof.

As much as I would love Warren being on the ticket, Harris and Abrams would be fantastic choices too.
    Honestly, just get it done.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Someone is bringing up that folks are tired of voting for the lousy options?

Way to be incredibly late to the party, people.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Someone is bringing up that folks are tired of voting for the lousy options?

Way to be incredibly late to the party, people.
    Some of us don't agree Biden is a lousy option.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Oof.

As much as I would love Warren being on the ticket, Harris and Abrams would be fantastic choices too.
    Honestly, just get it done.
    Harris yes. Abrams would be Sarah Palin all over again - someone utterly unqualified who will implode on a national stage due to her lack of experience.

Assuming its going to be a black female then Harris and Rice are the two credible and qualified choices. Bass and Demings are better than Abrams but nowhere near Harris and Rice.

Wild cards are Whitmer and Duckworth. Not being a black female hurts their chances but otherwise are somewhere between Harris / Rice and Bass / Demings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Some of us don't agree Biden is a lousy option.
    Somebody(who isn't me...) just came right out and told you that Biden ain't getting the vote under his own steam.

You want to push your fingers into your ears when folks are doing so? Your call. Not advisable, but your call.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    But you have to admit, it is a bit frustrating because during the primary we were all told that despite Biden's many flaws and mixed track record, that we all had to just fall in line and nominate him because he was the most electable candidate and that it was more important to have a safe pick to guarantee that Trump is voted out rather than a more charismatic or ideologically aligned choice. But then come general election time, all of a sudden that electability apparently rests on a knife's edge and we need to silence all criticism of Biden because any whiff of dissent from within could torpedo this whole thing. Meanwhile his campaign seems to be content to simply do nothing, as he remains largely invisible and remains hesitant to nominate a running mate that could do a lot of campaigning on his behalf. The Thomas Dewey comparisons are impossible to ignore here, Biden can't just expect to let Trump self-destruct and win by default, he has to get out there and make his case at the very least.
    I don't have to admit jack-squat. My point is that picking apart Biden based on imaginary criteria helps no one but the opposition. Period. Save it for after the election.

Somebody(who isn't me...) just came right out and told you that Biden ain't getting the vote under his own steam.

You want to push your fingers into your ears when folks are doing so? Your call. Not advisable, but your call.
    He's getting the vote because he got the nomination, just like Clinton did and Obama before her. If you can't figure out that the alternative is unarguably destructive to our country that's your call.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

But, let’s yammer on and on about how Joe Biden has cognitive issues:

Trump’s Brain Breaks On National TV As He Claims The Spanish Flu Ended World War II
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who said what?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

On my vacation, but just popped into say...

I'm all in for Susan Rice as VP. A strong powerful woman with experience in the Whitehouse. She is what the United States needs as it's next Vice President. Not the current silent yes man, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, let’s yammer on and on about how Joe Biden has cognitive issues:

Trump’s Brain Breaks On National TV As He Claims The Spanish Flu Ended World War II
    The hypocrisy on display by Trump supporters has been off the charts. Having the gall to claim Biden is senile when Trump’s brain is clearly mush. Claiming that Biden is a groper when Trump literally said he grabs women by he #%$$*, palled around with Epstein, and has countless rape accusations.

Not trying to bash Biden by any means so please don't take this as an attack. But I have been wondering this last week what it says about him as a candidate that there is more focus on his VP choice and that his VP seems like she will play a bigger role in the campaign the he will. I mean for what seems like forever the news is not talking about his policies it plans. But his VP choice and what the VP will do.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.