Page 503 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 340345349349950050150250350450550650751355360310031503 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 75153
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not trying to bash Biden by any means so please don't take this as an attack. But I have been wondering this last week what it says about him as a candidate that there is more focus on his VP choice and that his VP seems like she will play a bigger role in the campaign the he will. I mean for what seems like forever the news is not talking about his policies it plans. But his VP choice and what the VP will do.
    I think this is due to the fact Biden has hinted he will only do 1 term and turn things to that next person. Basically Biden will be grooming a VP to take the Presidential role if he decides to not do a 2nd term. So this VP choice has to be perfect. It has to set a younger person (40's at best) towards a Presidency.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's also that Biden is taking so long to announce his pick for VP. So the speculation increases. Once he announces whom he's picked, there will be about a week's worth of talk about her on the cable news shows, and then it will be back to Biden's potential policies vs. Trump's actual policies.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Trump aides exploring executive actions to curb voting by mail

This past spring, President Donald Trump began a full-fledged assault on voting by mail, tweeting, retweeting and railing about massive fraud and rigged elections with scant evidence.

Then the Republican apparatus got to work backing up the president.
    In the weeks since, Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee have taken to the courts dozens of times as part of a $20 million effort to challenge voting rules, including filing their own lawsuits in several battleground states, including Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Nevada. And around the time Trump started musing about delaying the election last week, aides and outside advisers began scrambling to ponder possible executive actions he could take to curb mail-in voting — everything from directing the postal service to not deliver certain ballots to stopping local officials from counting them after Election Day.

The actions can only make so much difference before November — elections are mostly run at the state and local level, and are subject to congressional authority. And some fellow Republicans are warning the president privately and publicly that attempts to restrict mail-in ballots could actually hurt the GOP in November, scaring Republicans from voting remotely even if they also refuse to vote in person during a pandemic. New polling has fueled these concerns.

But the flurry of activity is buoying the president in other ways. Namely, it has allowed Trump to present himself as a fighter on an issue that many of his most fervent supporters have taken up in the last few months.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who said what?
    See Post #7520(page 502...) -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vp/3335831001/

Black male leaders say Biden will lose election if he doesn't choose Black woman as VP
    The Monday open letter said that: "For too long Black women have been asked to do everything from rally the troops to risk their lives for the Democratic Party with no acknowledgment, no respect, no visibility, and certainly not enough support."

"Failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election," the letter continued. "We don't want to choose between the lesser of two evils and we don't want to vote for the devil we know versus the devil we don't because we are tired of voting for devils – period."
    That is spelling out pretty clearly that Biden doesn't have those votes under his own steam.

Unwanted Truths: Inside Trump’s Battles With U.S. Intelligence Agencies

The intelligence provided to the N.I.E.’s authors indicated that in the lead-up to 2020, Russia worked in support of the Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders as well. But Bort explained to his colleagues, according to notes taken by one participant in the process, that this reflected not a genuine preference for Sanders but rather an effort “to weaken that party and ultimately help the current U.S. president.” To allay any speculation that Putin’s interest in Trump had cooled, Key Judgment 2 was substantiated by current information from a highly sensitive foreign source described by someone who read the N.I.E. as “100 percent reliable.”

On its face, Key Judgment 2 was not a contentious assertion. In 2017, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the umbrella entity supervising the 16 other U.S. intelligence agencies, released a report drawing on intelligence from the C.I.A., the F.B.I. and the National Security Agency that found Russia had interfered in the 2016 presidential election and aspired to help Trump. At a news conference with Trump in Helsinki in July 2018, President Vladimir Putin of Russia denied interfering in the election. But when asked by a reporter if he had wanted Trump to win, he replied bluntly: “Yes, I did.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    See Post #7520(page 502...) -"
    Where does Strider say Biden is a lousy choice?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Where does Strider say Biden is a lousy choice?
    Where have I said that is the person in question?

The piece seems pretty pretty clear about who is saying what.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think this is due to the fact Biden has hinted he will only do 1 term and turn things to that next person. Basically Biden will be grooming a VP to take the Presidential role if he decides to not do a 2nd term. So this VP choice has to be perfect. It has to set a younger person (40's at best) towards a Presidency.
    For Christ's sake, this isn't the age of the Five Good Emperors, this is the 21st century and if any of the VP contenders have what it takes to be president they could have put their hat in the ring during the primary. Indeed, one of the most leading candidates did exactly that and the voters decisively rejected her, I can't imagine that doing nothing for the next four years then trying to sneak into the Oval Office through the back door will make her any more popular.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    For Christ's sake, this isn't the age of the Five Good Emperors, this is the 21st century and if any of the VP contenders have what it takes to be president they could have put their hat in the ring during the primary. Indeed, one of the most leading candidates did exactly that and the voters decisively rejected her, I can't imagine that doing nothing for the next four years then trying to sneak into the Oval Office through the back door will make her any more popular.
    I'd say its to get people used to a woman in that position. Remember a woman hasn't ever been VP let alone President. Biden could be to show that a woman can do this job and show those voters how things can be. A sad factor is a lot of women voters in 2016 (and some women told me this in stupid ways) they couldn't see a woman doing a job as President. That it was a man's job.

To get a woman in a position close , Biden can show...yes a woman can do this job if need be. She is a step away and assisted me a lot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say its to get people used to a woman in that position. Remember a woman hasn't ever been VP let alone President. Biden could be to show that a woman can do this job and show those voters how things can be. A sad factor is a lot of women voters in 2016 (and some women told me this in stupid ways) they couldn't see a woman doing a job as President. That it was a man's job.

To get a woman in a position close , Biden can show...yes a woman can do this job if need be. She is a step away and assisted me a lot.
    Choosing a VP candidate from one of the other people who were running for the big job isn't anything new either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Having one of the whitest and least diverse states being the second voting state also disadvantages some candidates in the primary system. There’s never gonna be a perfect candidate, there’s no person who can eve everything to everyone. What you are looking for in a leader is someone who has vision and can see past the here and now and be ready to act in a crisis situation. Something that Trump certainly wasn’t and which has cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

New Coronavirus Hot Spots Emerge In U.S. As Cases Hit 20 Million Worldwide

As COVID-19 cases reach a new high around the globe, the U.S. notably struggles to contain the virus.

Attacking A Retail Worker Enforcing Face Masks Is Now Aggravated Battery In Illinois

Offenders risk imprisonment for two to five years and fines of up to $25,000. This should be nationwide!

Fauci Fact-Checks Trump’s Big Coronavirus Claim, Warns Of ‘Difficult Winter’

“The virus is telling us what it can and will do if we don’t confront it properly,” the infectious disease expert said.

Trump’s Order On ‘Unemployment Benefits’ Is A Big Mess

That extra $400 is actually just $300, unless your state feels like kicking in. Well, of course it's a mess, Trump dreamed it up!

====================

In non-coronavirus news:

FEC Commissioner Warns There’s A ‘Substantial Chance’ Winner Isn’t Called On Election Night

Extra care will need to be taken amid added challenge of COVID-19 to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts,” said FEC head Ellen Weintraub.

Nikki Haley Gripes About Popcorn Delivery Amid National Postal Service Crisis

Twitter users brutally mocked the former governor for complaining about the mail delays. Yo, Nikki! Complain to your buddy Trump and his Postmaster General.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-11-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Ah yes. That infamous way of sneaking in the back door by being tapped for Vice President and then having to win a primary four years later.

Speaking of Covfefe-19, CDC data shows 200K more deaths so far this year as opposed to last year. Official numbers seem to be missing a lot of deaths.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    New Coronavirus Hot Spots Emerge In U.S. As Cases Hit 20 Million Worldwide

As COVID-19 cases reach a new high around the globe, the U.S. notably struggles to contain the virus.

Attacking A Retail Worker Enforcing Face Masks Is Now Aggravated Battery In Illinois

Offenders risk imprisonment for two to five years and fines of up to $25,000. This should be nationwide!

Fauci Fact-Checks Trump’s Big Coronavirus Claim, Warns Of ‘Difficult Winter’

“The virus is telling us what it can and will do if we don’t confront it properly,” the infectious disease expert said.

Trump’s Order On ‘Unemployment Benefits’ Is A Big Mess

That extra $400 is actually just $300, unless your state feels like kicking in. Well, of course it's a mess, Trump dreamed it up!

====================

In non-coronavirus news:

FEC Commissioner Warns There’s A ‘Substantial Chance’ Winner Isn’t Called On Election Night

Extra care will need to be taken amid added challenge of COVID-19 to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts,” said FEC head Ellen Weintraub.

Nikki Haley Gripes About Popcorn Delivery Amid National Postal Service Crisis

Twitter users brutally mocked the former governor for complaining about the mail delays. Yo, Nikki! Complain to your buddy Trump and his Postmaster General.
    One of the scenarios that Trump is hoping for would be that he’s be in the lead at the end of Election Night, or it’s too close to call. Then he can simply claim that all the remaining mail in ballots, which will take days to count, are fraudulent, rigged, whatever.