Page 51 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast

Biden must ask Americans if they really want Trump in charge when the next crisis hits.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden must ask Americans if they really want Trump in charge when the next crisis hits.
    Honestly, he needs a better case than just that.

Not trying to say that he does not have that case. Just saying that it should be a part of a bigger pitch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Will the "Space Force" be in charge of the delivery system of said "super-duper missile?"

And why does he still talk like a gadfly businessman just commenting on the news? You're the President, Donald! You get the info on these things before anyone else does. Stop talking about it like it's just a rumor that you "heard about."
    So when does Paramount...I mean the USS Enterprise arrives from time travel to beam down and tell Trump-"we want our stuff back!"

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    While it is nice to see people talk about politics outside of the good ole USA for once, it sounds like you two (Jetengine, Kieran Frost) are on the same page politically.

If Corbyn had backed Brexi,t I think he would have one, but he didn't want to risk losing those labour strongholds in the North, which he ended up losing for the most part anyways. As back to my original post, there has been a fundamental ideological shift in the western world, as the white working class, now primarily votes right wing nationalist. Anyone who doubts that just needs to look at the fact that Boris Johnson just won the biggest Tory landslide in the UK since the Thatcher years...a long time ago now.

Trump's right hand man Steve Bannon teamed up with Nigel Farage and used Brexit as the template to win the US election by concentrating on United States north, the mid west, and they smashed that blue wall to smithereens. Personally, I'm not so sure the white working class can be won back over, as the left hasn't seem to come to grips that it's historic late 19th century rival (Right wing nationalism) has returned. They seem to think that Trump & Johnson's election was a fluke, and it may take their re-election to happen before the left wakes up.
    To be fair it isn't just white working-class people who jumped on the nationalist bandwagon. Narendra Modi, Jair Bolsonaro, Rodrigo Dutuerte, Imran Khan all came to power by preaching nationalist rhetoric and identity politics. It's the message not the color that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Will the "Space Force" be in charge of the delivery system of said "super-duper missile?"

And why does he still talk like a gadfly businessman just commenting on the news? You're the President, Donald! You get the info on these things before anyone else does. Stop talking about it like it's just a rumor that you "heard about."
    The Space Force could very well be in charge of that. There have been recent covert missions having to do with parking cargo in orbit for future military actions. The idea is that ordinance could be available for deployment in a very short period of time by simply sending the latest military version of a space shuttle up to retrieve it and land it anywhere in the world in a fraction of the time necessary to transport it by ship or plane. Troops can also be deployed quickly in a similar manner. That's part of the intention behind the Space Force.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 05-15-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, he needs a better case than just that.

Not trying to say that he does not have that case. Just saying that it should be a part of a bigger pitch.
    How about Trump is a treasonous criminal in debt to the Russians. An incompetent man baby who has failed at everything.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How about Trump is a treasonous criminal in debt to the Russians. An incompetent man baby who has failed at everything.
    One guy's take...

Biden honestly has a better pitch than that. It is one that hinges on "Biden" and not "Trump".

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Trump is the worst president of the US. Even befoe the Covid, Trump handled everything badly.

Coronavirus crisis is already making Trump look bad. I hope it doesn't delay the elections.

Trump calls coronavirus testing ‘overrated,’ claims U.S. would have ‘very few’ cases if no testing

“We have more cases than anybody in the world, but why? Because we do more testing,” Trump said. “When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases. They don’t want to write that. It’s common sense. We test much more.”
    How did anyone so ignorant and stupid end up as President?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Russians, cheating and dumbass voters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If you don't see Coronavirus, Coronavirus can't see you.

And six feet under nothing can see worth **** anyway!

The economy is in the toilet, the pandemic is on its way to killing 100000 Americans with no end in sight, he makes a complete fool of himself on a daily basis, is openly racist/sexist, and yet he still has an excellent chance of being re-elected and probably will. I don’t know. Obviously I’m still going to vote but I’m just about to give up on humanity.

As Biden is closing in on 80 years old he really can’t be outside of his bunker with the virus in full swing. He’s leading in a lot of polls but this has really crushed any momentum he had. I think he really needs to pick a VP as soon as possible to help generate some excitement. Whitmer would be an interesting choice as she’s right in the middle of the insanity going on in Michigan. But I can also see Fox News and right wing outlets using her a way to energize their base. “The evil woman responsible for keeping our American patriots locked inside their homes!!!“ I would personally like to see Kamala Harris get the VP slot as she definitely has the most charisma and notoriety of any of the potential picks. Biden is desperate for some positive energy.

I like Stacy Abrams but she always comes off as very low key. Not something Biden needs right now.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-15-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    To be fair it isn't just white working-class people who jumped on the nationalist bandwagon. Narendra Modi, Jair Bolsonaro, Rodrigo Dutuerte, Imran Khan all came to power by preaching nationalist rhetoric and identity politics. It's the message not the color that matters.
    This is true, right wing populism/nationalism is rising everywhere. It's been on the rise around the world since the economic crash of 2008. When economic scarcity or instability arises, tribalism seems to grip hold, and people start looking for a strong man to represent and protect their interests. For Europe and the US, there has been a fundamental change in the voting patterns of the white working class.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

How dare you work from home! Get out there and be sick, goddammit! Jim Jordan continues to be a dick.

House Democrats just changed the rules to allow proxy voting.

YOU have to show up to work. But now? Members of Congress can vote by phone!

Ridiculous.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I go away for a few hours, enjoy some Sherlock Holmes and Midsomer Murders on Britbox, and THIS is what I come back to? SUPER DUPER MISSILE? Sweet baby Jesus! Are you kidding me? Please, somebody, anybody, make the stupidity stop!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I go away for a few hours, enjoy some Sherlock Holmes and Midsomer Murders on Britbox, and THIS is what I come back to? SUPER DUPER MISSILE? Sweet baby Jesus! Are you kidding me? Please, somebody, anybody, make the stupidity stop!
    You sound like a Hater, WestPhilly. And a Nasty Dope Baby! Probably watched OBAMA NETFLIX next!

But yes.