Page 515 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1541546550551151251351451551651751851952556561510151515 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump has a Battleship full of Bad Karma and yet, somehow, he keeps getting bailed out or finds some way to wriggle out of his messes. The weight of that has to catch up with him some day, when I have no idea.
    It's easy when you have Mitch McConnell as your guardian angel.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-12-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It's easy when you have Mitch McConnell as your guardian angel.
    Not an angel, but yeah

Well...

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article244864937.html

Federal lawsuit wants Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan, ComEd to repay $450 million

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not an angel, but yeah
    Like Andrew Dice Clay, Trump has a guardian devil.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsweek should be run out of town for allowing that horseshit. Just because its labeled "Opinion" doesn't need they need to participate in this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

Just letting Trump do what he has been doing is probably the best way to get him to take the fall.
    If the majority of eligible voters decide not to vote, but Trump gets just 51% of the 45% of eligible voters who do vote, guess what? HE GETS TO BE PRESIDENT FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS! As I keep saying, we don't get to install "None of the Above" into the White House. In order for Trump to lose, someone else has to win, and that someone else this time around is Joe Biden. Period. There is no third way. You want a third way? Work for it, but understand that it's going to take time. Probably three or four more Presidential elections until we get there. For now, it's Biden or Trump. That's it, whether you like it or not.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Biden and Kamala appeared together for the first time as Democratic nominees. I’m always worried when Joe speaks but he did a good job here. He went on the attack against Trump and showed some toughness.

Kamala is such a great public speaker. It’s really great to have her on this ticket to balance out Biden. One of her digs at Trump when talking about the great economy that he inherited from the Obama/Biden administration, “like everything he’s inherited in his life, he drove it into the ground.” Haha
    Been riding the Biden train for a few months now. I'm Centrist when it comes to a lot of things especially in politics, but do lean left. Yeah, I was nervous about Joe speaking. He does stumble at times (the "you ain't black!" and his handling of the sexual harrassment accusation comments come to mind) and there were moments when he misstepped in his speech. But he has a good character and a good heart. Liked how he said he wanted a VP who'd be the last person in the room, who offered that last bit of criticism. It was an indirect reference to Harris and Biden's sparring during the primaries, and others use it to show that Biden is willing to learn from his mistakes. I especially felt it when he went off on Trump's Charlotteville's comments. For me, the best expression of Biden could be seen during his eulogy of Senator McCain last year:

A gentleman who shows respect and honor. So refreshing after nearly 4 years of a reality show president.

Harris brought such a refreshing energy too during the announcement speech. I agree that the "drove everything into the ground" was powerful.

I'm seeing a connection between two types of Democrats here, Biden with his middle class, dream for all possibilities and Harris' social justice and racial equality. Biden has the experience of Washington and White House politics while Harris is fresh and can initiate change. The casual observing would say they are spewing just normal, political rhetoric. But after years of stupid Twitter tweets and incompetence, civility and change are what are needed.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I find it interesting that the Kamala Harris pick is making people post those kinds of lies on this thread who, I think, have never posted on this thread before.

She got people nervous.
    Trump's already calling her "Nasty", and if he's scared enough to to recycle that old line she's definitely the right choice.

Wow. I was expecting an article on the "wrong kind of black" thing that's bubbled up from the sewers of the internet the last 24 hours.
    But no, no, that's just so much worse. I was not prepared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Wow. I was expecting an article on the "wrong kind of black" thing that's bubbled up from the sewers of the internet the last 24 hours.
    But no, no, that's just so much worse. I was not prepared to that.
    Harris was born in the US and is a US Citizen at the time fo her birth. There was more controversy over Ted Cruz and John McCain and even Tulsi Gabbard.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Trump's already calling her "Nasty", and if he's scared enough to to recycle that old line she's definitely the right choice.
    Trump only uses “nasty” to describe strong willed women (female White House pool reporters immediately come to mind) who refuse to put up with bullshit. That means Harris has already gotten under Trump’s skin, and that’s good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump only uses “nasty” to describe strong willed women (female White House pool reporters immediately come to mind) who refuse to put up with bullshit. That means Harris has already gotten under Trump’s skin, and that’s good.
    She got to him during the primaries. That's why I voted for her. Glad I get to again!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If the majority of eligible voters decide not to vote, but Trump gets just 51% of the 45% of eligible voters who do vote, guess what? HE GETS TO BE PRESIDENT FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS! As I keep saying, we don't get to install "None of the Above" into the White House. In order for Trump to lose, someone else has to win, and that someone else this time around is Joe Biden. Period. There is no third way. You want a third way? Work for it, but understand that it's going to take time. Probably three or four more Presidential elections until we get there. For now, it's Biden or Trump. That's it, whether you like it or not.
    This is exactly the kind of well-intentioned condescension that makes people do the exact opposite of whatever you’d like them to do.

I know you’re not meaning to, but you’re practically daring him not to vote for Biden.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    This is exactly the kind of well-intentioned condescension that makes people do the exact opposite of whatever you’d like them to do.

I know you’re not meaning to, but you’re practically daring him not to vote for Biden.
    Honestly, there's just a serious streak of "Can We Have An Argument That You Aren't Trying To Have?..." that's about a mile wide in this thread.

Never really seen much of a point in holding it against anybody.