Page 537 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3743748752753353453553653753853954054154758763710371537 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually, come to think of it- is this the fastest a nominee has been confirmed?
    I almost wish it had gone a little longer. The visuals alone well worth it, the rest was icing on the cake.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Did AOC actually nominate fucking Bernie Sanders? Seriously?!
    Of course. She does anything else she's burning bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I missed her. That's going to be drama.
    Nope, it was pre-planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Of course. She does anything else she's burning bridges.
    AOC did it not out of any kind of rebellion, but because she was called on to do so. She still supports Biden.

Incredible Member

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-house-primary

Another far-right conspiracy theorist candidate for the GOP! Hopefully she competes in a safely blue state. She's been banned from numerous social medias and has been banned from Uber for declaring that the US need a non-muslim Uber. Classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    AOC did it not out of any kind of rebellion, but because she was called on to do so. She still supports Biden.
    She knows what she's doing, though. She volunteered, as she stated, to be the one to deliver that nomination. She's positioning herself to be his ideological heir going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post

Another far-right conspiracy theorist candidate for the GOP! Hopefully she competes in a safely blue state. She's been banned from numerous social medias and has been banned from Uber for declaring that the US need a non-muslim Uber. Classy!
    She’s the one who chained herself to the front door of Twitter’s head office when she got banned. A truly deranged racist individual. Will this be the next wave of GOP reps?

Loomer describes herself as "the most banned woman on the Internet" for her numerous bans from social media platforms, payment processors, and other establishments. She has been banned for various reasons including violating policies on hate speech and spreading misinformation
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-18-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, come to think of it- is this the fastest a nominee has been confirmed?
    It’s how conventions work....

Nope, it was pre-planned.
    Oh, well that's good to know. I'd hate for things to fall apart now that they're finally starting to look up.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

I expected the blocks to come from Republicans, I didn't expect it from Sanders

Bernie Sanders did, indeed, block Obama (Democratic) nominees to USPS board

Sanders, according to what I heard on MSNBC, didn't want any Republicans on the Board so he blocked all of Obama's attempts to put qualified people there....which is why Trump was able to fill the empty seats with his Republican Cronies.

Post Office loses another $5.1 billion; Bernie continues to prevent help
    So.

I'm absolutely no expert on this.
    But from what I can tell, it was a package deal of 5 nominees.
    3 Democrats (?), and 2 Republicans nominees.

The Republican Noms (James Miller and Mickey Barnett) were heavily objected to by a number of people and organizations.

But it's Stephen Crawford who I find interesting, because his case doesn't appear to be so cut and dried to me.
    He published a paper (Toward a New Business Model for the USPS) where he appears to argue for enlisting the help of the unions to cut employees, cut deliveries, and cut wages and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Crawford
    The challenge for management is to continue to work well with its unions on further downsizing its workforce while obtaining reasonable concessions on wages, benefits, and work rules.
    Again, I'm no expert.
    Maybe that's exactly what the USPS needed, but it's not a great look.

I don't think it's a stretch to say this was a mixed bag of nominees, not 5 supremely qualified left-leaning anti-Trumpers.
    So to try to blame the current sabotaging of the USPS on Bernie Sanders seems more than a little unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wait, so holding out for a perfect nominee blew up in everyone's face?
    How is that possible?
    What you call "holding out for a perfect nominee", progressives might call wanting basic representation.

All progressives are being asked to compromise, quite heavily actually.
    Is that compromise is worth it? Who knows. It's up to the individual.
    What is known is that, by comparison, liberals don't have to compromise nearly as much.

You might think that you're targeting a few malcontent hard-liners, but comments like these read as condescending to all progressives.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 08-18-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Laura Loomer has been banned/forcibly removed from:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Uber
    Lyft
    PayPal
    Venmo
    GoFundMe
    TeeSpring
    Medium
    CPAC
    Shakespeare in the Park

And won a GOP primary by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She knows what she's doing, though. She volunteered, as she stated, to be the one to deliver that nomination. She's positioning herself to be his ideological heir going forward.
    Yup, it's simply pandering that's all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup, it's simply pandering that's all.
    She believes it, so I'm not sure calling it 'pandering' is fair. I don't see any reason to criticize her about it, personally. It's a smart way to say that she's going to carry the progressive torch, and intellectual heirs are important. Politics is generational work, and the baton has to be passed. People consistently underestimate how good she is at this.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-18-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Is Trump seriously running an ad on Youtube saying Biden being on cocaine?
    Am I going crazy, did anyone else see that?
    Trump is doing that. "Captain Sniffs" is running ads accusing other people of being on coke. I'm losing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    School choice means you can go to whatever school you want...............

1) if the school has SPACE for you. A neighborhood school must serve the kids in the neighborhood first. Magnet, same sex, academies and a few others don't have this rule apply to them.
    2) if you find your OWN way to the school
    3) IF they accept you. Acceptance is an OPTION as is KEEPING you there.

All schools are not equal. Because there are some class courses that vary from school to school.

School A has Baccalaureate (a program that one has to apply for to get funding).
    School B has no sports
    School C does not serve SPECIAL EDUCATION kids (this is mainly CHARTER SCHOOLS)

Because certification for certain classes is an issue with teachers.
    The 4 basic classes-English, Science, Math & History-someone like Peter Parker with general studies certification can teach those.
    AP classes, Gym, Art and some others-Mr Terrific, Mr Fantastic, Bruce Banner, Thunderball, Dr Sampson and Beast better be on your roster. Or you can't offer those classes.

School choice boils down to this-It's let me take all the smart and athletic kids (who can behave) from bad schools and leave the WORST behind.

If all those kids go to new schools via school choice before Halloween (the date where funding for all schools are SET)-that money STAYS at that school even if the kid leaves after Halloween.

That is not going to help that old school get better with fewer kids. Few kids LESS funding from the state.

From FOx news

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...l-systems-2020

Seems like The Republicans have work to do.
    It's understandable that parents don't want their kids in the same classes as the worst students.

It may still have been a mistake to do it this way as it can leave the wrong impression to voters who are not plugged in to convention pageantry. That group includes many swing voters (who generally don't follow politics as much) as well as newer voters.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post

It's a swing state but the specific congressional district is not competitive.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 08-19-2020 at 01:49 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets