Page 540 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4044049053053653753853954054154254354455059064010401540 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A ban on MAGA hats which I’ve heard were made in China. As usual, it’s all about Trump.
    I think a good source of Trump campaign related or generic pro-Trump merchandise have been made in China. What with the cheaper resources and manpower.

It's much easier to say "Woo! USA! USA! USA!" than to actually support American made products as you don't want to pay extra for parts and labor.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I think a good source of Trump campaign related or generic pro-Trump merchandise have been made in China. What with the cheaper resources and manpower.

It's much easier to say "Woo! USA! USA! USA!" than to actually support American made products as you don't want to pay extra for parts and labor.
    I checked and Biden/Harris Navy Baseball Cap

"Biden / Harris" on Navy, 100% cotton baseball cap with size-adjustable back strap.

Purchase is a donation to Biden Victory Fund.

Orders ship within 14 days.

Union Made and Made-In-USA.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She believes it, so I'm not sure calling it 'pandering' is fair. I don't see any reason to criticize her about it, personally. It's a smart way to say that she's going to carry the progressive torch, and intellectual heirs are important. Politics is generational work, and the baton has to be passed. People consistently underestimate how good she is at this.
    Ah, I'm more cynical than you are. I seldom if ever believe politicians do anything out of sheer conviction or the "goodness of their hearts". In my experience, the vast majority of politicians are egotistical opportunists, or else they've wouldn't be politicians.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-19-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Probably should post a little news update for the rare Republican posters on this forum who pretend to be offended when it's pointed out the modern GOP actually are running Qanon conspiracy theorists and worse for office, and wondering if "is Qanon/Pizzagate really what you think GOP candidates support?"

Laura Loomer just won the GOP nomination for FL-21 in Congress.

Yes, THIS Laura Loomer. Who is so into Pizzagate she hung out with Jack Prosobiec, one of its biggest promoters.

So to answer your question... yes. I think that Pizzagate/Qanon conspiracy theory obsession is a part of the GOP's political DNA now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Probably should post a little news update for the rare Republican posters on this forum who pretend to be offended when it's pointed out the modern GOP actually are running Qanon conspiracy theorists and worse for office, and wondering if "is Qanon/Pizzagate really what you think GOP candidates support?"

Laura Loomer just won the GOP nomination for FL-21 in Congress.

Yes, THIS Laura Loomer. Who is so into Pizzagate she hung out with Jack Prosobiec, one of its biggest promoters.

So to answer your question... yes. I think that Pizzagate/Qanon conspiracy theory obsession is a part of the GOP's political DNA now.
    At least it's not the district whre my brother lives. Small comfort if she actually ends up in Congress.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is Sanders' job, this action allowed an opportunity Trump wouldn't have had had he compromised.

The above paragraph is a good example of that ideology backfiring. This is about facts, not individuals - that simply passes the buck, it's like what Fox News does by "just asking questions." Quite the opposite, Leftists have shown how not compromising enough harms their own goals. This is politics, not philosophy.

Please don't conflate Sanders with every progressive.

Just what the hell is the difference anyway? Job one: Get rid of Trump and his administration. I'm getting tired of people splitting hairs. Or maybe looking for an excuse to stay home and not vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    At least it's not the district whre my brother lives. Small comfort if she actually ends up in Congress.
    District FL-21 has a partisan lean of D +9. Her winning the race is highly unlikely in a normal year, it should be nearly impossible in a blue year like this one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    District FL-21 has a partisan lean of D +9. Her winning the race is highly unlikely in a normal year, it should be nearly impossible in a blue year like this one.
    She needs to be hung on the neck of the GOP like an albatross.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Odds are thankfully very slim of that. FL-21 has a +9 Democratic lean. Generic Democrats vs. Generic Republicans also are currently polling at a +8-9 average. And Loomer is far from generic.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I guess no one else wanted the job. Seriously, anyone with an ounce of political ambition, if they saw a 19 y.o. running for that level of political office should have jumped in immediately. If he gets elected, it's likely to be a one-shot. Next time, someone will challenge him.
    It might be tougher to beat an incumbent over behavior he committed before he was in High School.

At the moment it's a big deal because the guy is still a teenager. Next time around, he'll probably be judged on what he's done in the state legislature.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It might be tougher to beat an incumbent over behavior he committed before he was in High School.

At the moment it's a big deal because the guy is still a teenager. Next time around, he'll probably be judged on what he's done in the state legislature.
    Perhaps, but if he is challenged by the right candidate, one with more experience, name recognition, and less baggage, he might find it hard to retain his position.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Miles Taylor, a former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff who was recently featured in a political ad from Republican Voters Against Trump, told MSNBC on Wednesday that President Donald Trump asked him and other officials if the U.S. could swap Greenland for Puerto Rico because, in Trump’s words, “Puerto Rico was dirty and the people were poor.”

Cuando el corazon asqueroso de el finalmente falle, cagare en la tumba, hijo de puta.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The nutbag conspiracy freaks from QAnon gain their biggest supporter yet:

Trump embraces QAnon conspiracy because 'they like me'
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It is part of the rules. The DNC has to have a vote and nominate everyone who got 300 votes. The DNC asked her to do it. She did so that she get a 60 second blurb about progressive politics in.

This is completely standard and happens at every convention

First of all, AOC is a freshman congresswoman. Freshman representatives rarely get to speak at the convention at all, except maybe to introduce a veteran Congressman or Senator who's a mentor to the freshman, as Bernie Sanders is to some extent for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Secondly, this is a procedural thing they do all the time for the second-place finisher. The only reason we're even talking about is because it's someone as popular as AOC doing it. If any of her supporters or Bernie's supporters don't understand that, then they need some more education on how politics in general and the Democratic Party in particular works.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    First of all, AOC is a freshman congresswoman. Freshman representatives rarely get to speak at the convention at all, except maybe to introduce a veteran Congressman or Senator who's a mentor to the freshman, as Bernie Sanders is to some extent for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Secondly, this is a procedural thing they do all the time for the second-place finisher. The only reason we're even talking about is because it's someone as popular as AOC doing it. If any of her supporters or Bernie's supporters don't understand that, then they need some more education on how politics in general and the Democratic Party in particular works.
    It wasn't just the supporters, the detractors of both were just as loud, if not louder, with their lack of understanding about how the process works.
    Dark does not mean deep.