Page 552 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 5245250254254854955055155255355455555656260265210521552 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When you have "Money" interests dug into the actual way that any ideas would become law?

Politely, you are setting aside actual reality to go with what you suspect is happening.
    Buddy, you're gonna need a better argument than I've lost touch with reality to convince me that the USA is a bastion of liberalism. Look what happened after the country had eight years of a socially and economically moderate Black president, who eeked out a little bit of healthcare and killed Bin Laden - they elected a far-right authoritarian populist who would make Barry Goldwater blush. 170,000 dead (so far) and 42.4% would still prefer Trump as president, according to FiveThirtyEight. And remember, Biden ain't Left.

What nationwide gun control measures were enacted after 20 children were murdered at Sandy Hook?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Buddy, you're gonna need a better argument than I've lost touch with reality to convince me that the USA is a bastion of liberalism. Look what happened after the country had eight years of a socially and economically moderate Black president, who eeked out a little bit of healthcare and killed Bin Laden - they elected a far-right authoritarian populist who would make Barry Goldwater blush. 170,000 dead (so far) and 42.4% would still prefer Trump as president, according to FiveThirtyEight. And remember, Biden ain't Left.

What nationwide gun control measures were enacted after 20 children were murdered at Sandy Hook?
    See, that's exactly where the legit disconnect with actual reality is flipping the lights "On" and "Off" to let us know that it is there.

In incredibly great detail, tell me exactly who "They" is.

Seriously, break down exactly who "They" is and try to sell yourself on that it actually reflects anything about the USA as a whole.

BANNED

See, that's exactly where the legit disconnect with actual reality is flipping the lights "On" and "Off" to let us know that it is there.

In incredibly great detail, tell me exactly who "They" is.

Seriously, break down exactly who "They" is and try to sell yourself on that it actually reflects anything about the USA as a whole.
    The millions of Americans who voted for Trump, the millions that couldn’t be bothered to vote against him. And let’s not act like Clinton is a progressive.

And please do not come back with the Electoral College. The fact that a person such as Trump was even a candidate let alone got elected show how normalized right of centre thinking is in America.

The millions of Americans who voted for Trump, the millions that couldn’t be bothered to vote against him. And let’s not act like Clinton is a progressive.

And please do not come back with the Electoral College. The fact that a person such as Trump was even a candidate let alone got elected show how normalized right of centre thinking is in America.
    You're talking about something that, maybe, amounts to a third and trying to sell folks on the idea that it actually represents something about the whole.

It's nonsensical. At best.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh. Another one WBE.

Instead of coming to Wisconsin and listening to voters, the DNC removed Wisconsin from its logo & has Hollywood celebrities hosting their convention.

And if I had to guess, they’ll end tonight from a basement on the East Coast. #DNCConvention https://t.co/lf3tSxtWdW

BANNED

You're talking about something that, maybe, amounts to a third and trying to sell folks on the idea that it actually represents something about the whole.

It's nonsensical. At best.
    Buddy, I’m talking about political perspectives, not political parties. There are right wing Democrats.

Buddy, I’m talking about political perspectives, not political parties. There are right wing Democrats.
    Sure, and you don't have anything that it even remotely concrete to base what you are saying on.

You've got what you seem to think is the case, but nothing like actual numbers that reflect it being actual reality.

BANNED

Sure, and you don't have anything that it even remotely concrete to base what you are saying on.

You've got what you seem to think is the case, but nothing like actual numbers that reflect it being actual reality.
    Okay pal, I'll remember that the next time I see All Lives Matter in the comments section of any NBA post. This is going nowhere and I'm not going to monopolize the thread. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Carry on.

Okay pal, I'll remember that the next time I see All Lives Matter in the comments section of any NBA post. This is going nowhere and I'm not going to monopolize the thread. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Carry on.
    Now, you are talking about something that there is a perfectly real chance that someone who is not even an actual American could be behind.

Again, there is just a lot of "Nope. This Has To Be Exactly What I Believe It Is..." happening.

BANNED

Now, you are talking about something that there is a perfectly real chance that someone who is not even an actual American could be behind.

Again, there is just a lot of "Nope. This Has To Be Exactly What I Believe It Is..." happening.
    I. Just. Said. I believe what I believe. That is my opinion. It's based on more than two decades of research, observation and engagement, as well as my major in American Studies. You have your opinion. That. Is. Fine. There's absolutely nothing I can do to stop you believing I have lost touch with reality because we have different opinions. That's what you believe. You don't believe that the USA is predominantly right-of-center nation. That's fine. That is your opinion. I disagree.

I just believe I do have some concrete to base it on.

I. Just. Said. I believe what I believe. That is my opinion. It's based on more than two decades of research, observation and engagement, as well as my major in American Studies. You have your opinion. That. Is. Fine. There's absolutely nothing I can do to stop you believing I have lost touch with reality because we have different opinions. That's what you believe. You don't believe that the USA is predominantly right-of-center nation. That's fine. That is your opinion. I disagree.

I just believe I do have some concrete to base it on.
    Not really the case.

I believe that you cannot really decide if it is(or is not...) based on what changes have(or have not...) been made.

You have to ignore just how large of a role that lobbyists/business plays in deciding what actually happens to say "Nope. That Totally Reflects The General Political Perspective Of Americans..."

It's like trying to decide if someone is a decent driver after you have just seen someone feed them three mixed drinks a half hour before they get behind the wheel.

The actual reality of it is creating a situation where you probably will have trouble working out exactly how well they drive.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-21-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Bannon was arrested on a yacht..by postal services.

Lololol.
    He did Nazi that coming.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Not really the case.

I believe that you cannot really decide if it is(or is not...) based on what changes have(or have not...) been made.

You have to ignore just how large of a role that lobbyists/business plays in deciding what actually happens to say "Nope. That Totally Reflects The General Political Perspective Of Americans..."

It's like trying to decide if someone is a decent driver after you have just seen someone feed them three mixed drinks a half hour before they get behind the wheel.

The actual reality of it is creating a situation where you probably will have trouble working out exactly how well they drive.
    Hmm, I'm gonna have to say that 400 years is enough of a guide.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Knowledge is power, unless you choose to discard what information you've learned:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1296948878487371777
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-22-2020 at 02:04 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Arizona Senator @MarthaMcSally, who is down five points in the polls vs @CaptMarkKelly, suggests to her supporters that they “fast a meal” and give her campaign the money that they saved from fasting.
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.