Page 572 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 7247252256256856957057157257357457557658262267210721572 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Donnie's still looking for a mother who can at least pretend to love him. He should have just tried therapy like normal people.
    And admit there was something wrong with him? Perish the thought!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    8chan owner, eh?

Makes sense. Knows about using social media, is projecting his own pedophile tendencies, operating from outside the US.
    So yet again the wingnut right are boosting child predators.

Par for the course.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Why is it that Cops support the GOP and Trump when they have made no secret of wanting to bust Public Sector Unions?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why is it that Cops support the GOP and Trump when they have made no secret of wanting to bust Public Sector Unions?
    The Police don't consider what they have as a Union, they consider it as a Brotherhood/Fraternity, much like the Elks or the Templars or whatever. they see themselves exempt from anything like that, which is why they have more power than most otheer unions.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-26-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It's just funny because they had the MAGA hat boy railing about "Cancel Culture" the same night they canceled an aNGeL mOM about a tweet.
    Cancel culture is a bit like political correctness in that it isn't binary. It all occurs on a spectrum.

There are some things some people should be cancelled for. But we should all strive to never go too far, to avoid excesses like the polling firm that fired an analyst for retweeting a study by an African American Harvard professor.

The Covington situation was certainly one of the excesses, where the media did three things wrong. First, they picked on people who were not in the public sphere. Second, they picked on minors. Finally and most importantly, they got major details of the story wrong. The conversation about the teenagers is still nastier than any of the conversation about the adults who started the situation, calling kids f****ts, incest babies and dogs.

The right thing for the media to have done afterwards would have been to engage in open and deep self-reflection about how they could have violated their duty to the public by being so wrong. But that's not what happened.
    Because they may think the left and Democrats are more critical of police than of criminals.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All the union busting laws passed in GoP controlled states specifically exempt police unions, for starters. Second, the GoP has bent over backwards to support the Thin Blue Line, often from even the most basic of reforms.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Cancel culture is a bit like political correctness in that it isn't binary. It all occurs on a spectrum.
    Is that really what you believe? That cancel culture is like autism?

My belief is that "cancel culture" is a manipulative concept designed to make people feel bad about holding other people accountable for hateful actions.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 08-26-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

8chan owner, eh?

Makes sense. Knows about using social media, is projecting his own pedophile tendencies, operating from outside the US.
    Man, **** chans in general. One of them was responsible for triggering the deep, clinical depression that I still have to live with every day.

Speaking of 8Chan, they're hailing that 17 year old shooter in Kenosha, Wisconsin as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Excuse me? Did you say "spectrum"?

Say that again. I dare you.

My belief is that "cancel culture" is a manipulative concept designed to make people feel bad about holding other people accountable for hateful actions.
    Thing about "cancel culture" is that while there are people who are actively going out of their way to ruin anyone who has made a dumb mistake once in their lives, thus making it harder for people to atone for said mistakes, it's more or less used to dismiss complaints about people that constantly act like buffoons and need to be isolated from society in general, as they have shown they will not learn from past transgressions. It's now a pigeonhole term used to handwave stuff you don't care for.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 08-26-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Illinois teen arrested in fatal shooting at Kenosha protest, police say

(CNN)A 17-year-old Illinois resident connected to an overnight shooting during a protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was taken into custody Wednesday morning, according to police in Antioch, Illinois.

Antioch Police said Wisconsin authorities issued an arrest warrant charging the teenager with first-degree intentional homicide. The suspect is in the custody of the Lake County Judicial System pending an extradition hearing to transfer custody of him from Illinois to Wisconsin.
    17-Year-Old ‘Blue Lives Matter’ Fanatic Charged With Murder at Kenosha Protest

Kyle Rittenhouse, a rifle-toting teenage Blue Lives Matter fan suspected of fatally shooting at least two people and injuring another during protests in Kenosha over the shooting of Jacob Blake, has been charged with murder.

Rittenhouse, 17, was arrested in Illinois and faces charges of first-degree intentional homicide, according to Lake County, Illinois Clerk of Courts public records.
    So far, he is labeled a “fugitive from justice” in the complaint, which states that the teenager “fled the state of Wisconsin with intent to avoid prosecution for that offense.” He’s been assigned a public defender and was scheduled to appear at an extradition hearing on Aug. 28, according to court records.

Last edited by Tami; 08-26-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Did I miss something or is this a joke? The word spectrum has a meaning outside of the context of Autism. So what exactly is the problem with him using the word?

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Spectrum. Boo.

The word spectrum exists outside the context of Autism. Or is the use of that word outside that context "cancelled"?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Spectrum. Boo.

The word spectrum exists outside the context of Autism. Or is the use of that word outside that context "cancelled"?
    Alright, I know the word "spectrum" actually applies to a multitude of things that applies to describing a broad range of topics, and when the word "spectrum" is used in general, I have no qualms whatsoever, and I even use it. However, given Mets's history of describing things as a conservative apologist, I felt as if his usage of the word irked me in this specific moment.

Ironically, after I had made a post about the problem with "cancel culture" being a thing, as well... just my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Did I miss something or is this a joke? The word spectrum has a meaning outside of the context of Autism. So what exactly is the problem with him using the word?
    It's not my problem of the word "spectrum", but the person who is using it. Like I said in replying to Joker, I don't have a problem with the word itself.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 08-26-2020 at 01:02 PM.