Page 576 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 7647652656657257357457557657757857958058662667610761576 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Trump family is still in a state of shock (like the rest of us) that Donald actually won, but for them, the shock never faded. They keep reliving the past before the November 2016.
    I remember seeing an artist's rendition of the inside of the Trump war room from an online resource several years ago after it had been announced that he had won the election. The drawing showed Trump in a state of wide eyed shock, clearly surprised at the outcome while Melania (whom I'm guessing had no say in hubby running for president) was in tears, and not from joy, her expression one of naked grief. I wish I had saved that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That point in de-escalation should be a critical part of police training.

I’ve seen videos recently of Police being all “fired up” when confronting suspects in black neighborhoods only for bystanders to calm down the situation....when it should be the other way round.

That’s what made the George Floyd incident so galling, people were literally trying to calm down the officers but they got even more incensed. The Police aren’t attack dogs or a domestic military force, they should know how to peacefully de-escalate situations especially when they are dealing with UNARMED MEN.

As Trevor Noah said, a Police man that is so terrified of an unarmed man that he needs to apply lethal force shouldn’t be a Police man, period.
    Exactly that. To more cops than perhaps we know, using lethal force when it comes to subduing people of color is not just the avenue of last resort, it's the FIRST OPTION. What worries me is even if cops do receive training on de-escalation, I fear it's often ignored in the heat of a dangerous situation and the default mindset is to shoot first and ask questions later.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-27-2020 at 02:00 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People have shared that gif of her for years on 2017 when he was sworn in. Her sad look of , what the **** do I do now ? How the hell do I get away from this terrible man I do not love at all.

In all its a business deal. She was told to look good for voters they had to stay together. That there was little chance he would win. And if he did win she would get a better settlement deal. So Melania was crushed. The money sounds good but living in hell with someone you despise is worse. And she had to act happy which 99% of the world can see through.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I remember seeing an artist's rendition of the inside of the Trump war room from an online resource several years ago after it had been announced that he had won the election. The drawing showed Trump in a state of wide eyed shock, clearly surprised at the outcome while Melania (whom I'm guessing had no say in hubby running for president) was in tears, and not from joy, her expression one of naked grief. I wish I had saved that picture.

Exactly that. To more cops than perhaps we know, using lethal force when it comes to subduing people of color is not just the avenue of last resort, it's the FIRST OPTION. What worries me is even if cops do receive training on de-escalation, I fear it's often ignored in the heat of a dangerous situation and the default mindset is to shoot first and ask questions later.
    I've said to my friends and family that I often feel cop math is Black plus Gun equals Kill.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Lots of crazy guys are defending the shooter.

LOL...i don't think many people realize some of the people shot are actually white.

But ultimately, the rhetoric from conservative and right wing outlets is totally out of control. Just watching the Republican convention, this whole "we need to stand our ground against an invasion" and "we need to protect the suburbs from attack" is the major theme and is very dangerous. The US has a long history of violent right-wing lunatics from the to KKK to the likes of Timothy McVeigh and in recent times what was fringe ideology has become very mainstream because of social media and the GOP and Trump embracing it.

The situation is so bad that we have some white supremacist groups infiltrate peaceful protests to stir up trouble and start screaming nonsense about "Black Lives Matter".

Then you have a Police force that's become so twisted that they don't even know what they are doing anymore. The Police literally saw a 17- year old kid carrying an automatic weapon and were welcoming him, when on Earth do the Police endorse vigilante justice?? Even after he shot people, the cops did nothing.Imagine if it was a 17 year old black kid carrying that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People have shared that gif of her for years on 2017 when he was sworn in. Her sad look of , what the **** do I do now ? How the hell do I get away from this terrible man I do not love at all.

In all its a business deal. She was told to look good for voters they had to stay together. That there was little chance he would win. And if he did win she would get a better settlement deal. So Melania was crushed. The money sounds good but living in hell with someone you despise is worse. And she had to act happy which 99% of the world can see through.
    It's no secret Trump had been cheating on Melania, if he hadn't gone into politics, he would've dumped her in favor of a younger Eurotrash mail order bride. Stevie Wonder could see there's ZERO love in that marriage, and not just from scenes of Melania slapping Donald's hand away, hell, how long did she remain in New York AFTER Trump won the election? Don't sell me the bs about wanting to keep Barron in his school, that's crap, she didn't want to be in Washington, PERIOD, probably still doesn't, and her deconstruction of the Rose Garden looks to be her lashing out at a situation she finds intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Lots of crazy guys are defending the shooter.

LOL...i don't think many people realize some of the people shot are actually white.
    I suspect those idiots rationalized the deaths of whites by saying, "Well, they're probably antifa, so they won't be missed!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's no secret Trump had been cheating on Melania, if he hadn't gone into politics, he would've dumped her in favor of a younger Eurotrash mail order bride. Stevie Wonder could see there's ZERO love in that marriage, and not just from scenes of Melania slapping Donald's hand away, hell, how long did she remain in New York AFTER Trump won the election? Don't sell me the bs about wanting to keep Barron in his school, that's crap, she didn't want to be in Washington, PERIOD, probably still doesn't, and her deconstruction of the Rose Garden looks to be her lashing out at a situation she finds intolerable.
    "
    I joked on FB she obviously will vote for Joe Biden to get out of this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Trump closes out the RNC tonight as he accepts the party’s nomination, but with Hurricane Laura having made landfall in Louisiana this morning as a catastrophic Category 5 storm with the threat of unprecedented destruction and loss of life, will the networks tear away from the convention to cover the storm? We all know Faux News won’t do that, but if other networks abandon Trump, how crazy will that make him?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So we keep hearing how Biden can't just run on "I'm not Trump".
    But it seems perfectly fine for Trump to run on a mainly "Don't vote for Biden" campaign.
    Trump is running a Law and Order campaign. What's funny is in his commercials there's all these clips of riots and looting and references to "this is what you'll get under a Biden presidency". Yet, this is exactly what we're getting now under his ( Trump's) watch.
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-27-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    You pick some weird fucking hills to "actually" on, man.
    Accuracy matters. I have been consistent in my belief that the important thing is whether you're right about a specific point than whether you're on the right side. The latter approach has been adopted shamelessly by Trump and his supporters, but I see it too often on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Did I say anything about how much they're spending? You're making an argument that doesn't exist. Impressive bunch of links you got there though.

The issue is how the GOP is absolutely responsible for the NRA having the opportunity to warp the interpretation of the Second Amendment to make it easier for irresponsible people to own semi-automatic weapons.
    I repeat: The GOP is satan.
    In your initial comment, you said that NRA spending has allowed it to write their own interpretation of the second amendment.

If this were true, someone else could spend a little bit more to make their interpretation the one that sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The current situation with guns in the U.S. can be laid squarely at the feet of the GOP and their steady erosion of campaign finance laws which make it possible for the NRA to spread money around Washington. That's the only thing that allowed the NRA to basically write their own interpretation of the Second Amendment and make it stick. The GOP is Satan as far as the U.S. is concerned.
    I think the reality is that if the NRA did not exist, some other gun rights organization would serve the same purpose. And it isn't their spending that has an impact, as much as the signal they send to voters about where politicians stand on gun issues.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It's not just "how much they spent" with the NRA. It's how there are single issue voters and how the NRA has targeted politicians that go against them. A big part of it is how they have harnessed eingle issue gun voters. While the majority of voters favor gun controls, they also vote on other issues. But the NRA can get out their anti-Gun Comntrol voters to defeat candidates in primaries. They are able to scare candidates into not opposing their No Gun Control ideology. Mets should understand it is much more nuanced than "they only spent this much on lobbying".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ntrol-congress

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...out/index.html
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-27-2020 at 06:09 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just when you thought Tucker Carlson couldn’t possibly sink any lower than he already has, he finds brand new depths to plumb:

Tucker Carlson defends actions of teen charged in killings of Kenosha protesters

I'm still trying to figure out how he got there. Some are saying that his mom drove him, but I haven't read that in a news report yet. No one has a clue where he got the guns from. Just that he's been in pictures holding firearms and that he joined programs for young people interested in joining the police force. No talk about his dad being an influence on him. Still where the hell did he get the gun and who let him out of the house??

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how he got there. Some are saying that his mom drove him, but I haven't read that in a news report yet. No one has a clue where he got the guns from. Just that he's been in pictures holding firearms and that he joined programs for young people interested in joining the police force. No talk about his dad being an influence on him. Still where the hell did he get the gun and who let him out of the house??
    That's a good question actually, How do civilians get their hands on military grade weapons? More importantly, why do civilians want them? You don't use an AR-15 to shoot deer or ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I’ve read reports that little **** was at a Trump rally in Des Moines, a picture was posted on Twitter with him in the front row. Oh, and here’s another question: that punk carried his weapon across state lines, an all too blatant felony, how was he allowed to pull that off?

Bush, McCain and Romney presidential staffers unite behind effort to elect Joe Biden

Support for Joe Biden's White House bid is growing among staffers of past presidential campaigns — Republican ones, that is.

Several dozen former staffers from Sen. Mitt Romney’s (R-Utah) presidential campaign, the George W. Bush administration and the campaign and Senate staff of former Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) have signed on to an effort to elect Joe Biden. For the Romney and McCain staffers, they're working to elect the same man they tried to defeat in 2012 and 2008, respectively.
    The latest initiative launched by Republicans eager to unseat their party’s incumbent president comes at a moment of division for the GOP. While many in the party have been steadfast in their support of President Donald Trump, vocal pockets of establishment Republicans have worked to defeat him. Those Republicans, in turn, have largely been met with contempt from the president and his base.

Romney in particular has become a staple punching bag at Trump campaign events after he voted earlier this year to convict the president on an article of impeachment. And Trump's feuds with McCain and the entire Bush family are long-running and well-documented.

In an open letter obtained by POLITICO, the group “Romney Alumni for Biden” says Trump’s rhetoric and actions are antithetical to the Republican Party they believe in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.