Page 581 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 8148153157157757857958058158258358458559163168110811581 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    There would be no riot if Jacob Blake had not been shot in the back several times. There would be no dead protestors if the 17 year old shooter hadn't showed up, he should have been at home playing video games. Period, end of story.
    My question on that. He broke up a fight and decided to leave once the cops showed up.
    He was walking to his car and then we see the video of the cop with a gun pointed at him.

Why were those cops following him? No one went to the women fighting to deal with them?

When was the fight stopped and when did they show up? If they were stopped by the time the cops showed up and just standing there-why follow him?
    Were is the footage of these women fighting? Someone had to be filming it even up to the cops showing up.

And they let him walk to his car and open the door-most cops would have had him on the ground before he got near that door.

Tamir Rice was just 12 when police saw him playing with a toy gun in a park and shot him dead. A 12 year old child.
    And the caller said the gun didn't look real.

Lol...those guys and “karens” that call 911 on black people know exactly what they’re doing. It’s very painful to say but the fact is most white people KNOW that the police and black people have an uneasy relationship. The ones that call cops on black people almost always use specific language about being threatened with the hope that the situation escalates into something uglier.
    And they know who to target-they are not doing that to Pookie in CHiraq.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    My question on that. He broke up a fight and decided to leave once the cops showed up.
    He was walking to his car and then we see the video of the cop with a gun pointed at him.

Why were those cops following him? No one went to the women fighting to deal with them?

When was the fight stopped and when did they show up? If they were stopped by the time the cops showed up and just standing there-why follow him?
    Were is the footage of these women fighting? Someone had to be filming it even up to the cops showing up.

And they let him walk to his car and open the door-most cops would have had him on the ground before he got near that door.

Past that, the police are saying that they had used the taser on him on his way to the car or while he was walking away.

Something doesn't add up. None of the video that I have seen so far looks anything like that. Doesn't mean that none exists. I just haven't seen anything like that so far.

Looking at a live shot of the Republican convention at the White House (grrrrrrrr!). The lawn is packed, there is ZERO social distancing, and I've seen maybe 3 people wearing masks.

Hey, there's Rudy! No mask.

I swore I would never say something like this, and I'll probably get in trouble here. But these people DESERVE to get Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Past that, the police are saying that they had used the taser on him on his way to the car or while he was walking away.

Something doesn't add up. None of the video that I have seen so far looks anything like that. Doesn't mean that none exists. I just haven't seen anything like that so far.
    I read a report tonight that Jacob Blake has been handcuffed to his bed in the hospital.

There have been no charges announced, no warrant presented. Plus the man is paralyzed.

I don't agree with rioting and burning things down, but shit like this makes me understand why it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I read a report tonight that Jacob Blake has been handcuffed to his bed in the hospital.

There have been no charges announced, no warrant presented. Plus the man is paralyzed.

I don't agree with rioting and burning things down, but shit like this makes me understand why it happens.
    Handcuffing someone to a bed in the hospital after being taken there is pretty standard. Doesnt matter that the man is paralyzed. During my arrest I was in the hospital for three days before going to jail and I was handcuffed. There were no charges because that does not happen until they take you to the jail and read them. I mean they say while you are being arrest you are under arrest for fraud, assault, etc... But in the case of a person that has to be taken to the hospital and they had no chance to tell him the charge at arrest they will not until they transfer him to the jail or his lawyer petitions the court for him to have his charges read at the hospital. At least in my state. It is rare they read them in the hospital. They would be no warrant unless he had an active warrant before this. It is clear he is going to be there a long time so if charged they will do the charges in his room and a video set up for court for his arraignment.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-27-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Handcuffing someone to a bed in the hospital after being taken there is pretty standard.
    As someone who works in a hospitall...

BULLS***.

Unless he is in police custody for having committed a crime, to wit, Jacob Blake was breaking up an assault, and did not commit one. They also don't cuff people who can't flee, like when a guy is paralyzed from the waist down.

Also, if he is in custody, when was he read his Miranda rights? Was it before or after he was shot in the back seven times?
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-27-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As someone who works in a hospitall...

BULLS***.

Unless he is in police custody for having committed a crime, to wit, Jacob Blake was breaking up an assault, and did not commit one.

Also, if he is in custody, when was he read his Miranda rights? Was it before or after he was shot in the back seven times?
    Every person I was locked up with who went to the hospital after an incident with the police was handcuffed to the bed. So from my experience it is standard. 4 years I was in. 14 guys from around the state that I knew in prison who went to the hospital were all cuffed to the bed. I can only speak of what I know. maybe it is not supposed to be standard. maybe the cops broke the rules. But it happened. hell it happened to me and no one blinked an eye. No lawyer, judge, no one said wait a minute that should not be. I was read my rights but only on the second day I was in because I was so doped up and out of it I wouldnt have understood them any way.

Im not debating what you have seen. You work there you have seen things I have not since I have never worked there. I can only tell you what I and others in prison with me went through. I should have said it seems like standard procedure because it happened a hell of a lot.

Im not saying he committed a crime. i am not saying he deserved to be shot like that because clearly he did not. I can only speak on what I and others like me went through.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-27-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Peter Navaro is a fucking hack who never should've gotten near his position. Typical of the Trump regime.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Looking at a live shot of the Republican convention at the White House (grrrrrrrr!). The lawn is packed, there is ZERO social distancing, and I've seen maybe 3 people wearing masks.

Hey, there's Rudy! No mask.

I swore I would never say something like this, and I'll probably get in trouble here. But these people DESERVE to get Covid-19.
    I agree with this sentiment.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-27-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When other politicians have a scandal come out in the media, their immediate reaction is to run interference or try to cover up the specific scandal. Not Donald Trump. When a scandal involving Donald Trump leaks out in the media, what's Trump's response? Leak out another scandal. Before anyone can get to the bottom of the first scandal, they're already focusing on the next one. That's why none of these scandals seem to hurt Trump at all.
    That’s been Trump’s modus operandi from day one, crank out scandals faster than the media can dissect them. He’s the original moving target that no one can effectively nail to the wall.

Handcuffing someone to a bed in the hospital after being taken there is pretty standard. Doesnt matter that the man is paralyzed.
    Then I’m sure it won’t matter to Kenosha’s PD and the city when the Blake family sues the unholy shit out of both, which I hope happens. The optics of cuffing a paralyzed man to a bed is beyond infuriating, especially after he’d been put in that bed by the cops, fuck procedure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Every person I was locked up with who went to the hospital after an incident with the police was handcuffed to the bed. So from my experience it is standard. 4 years I was in. 14 guys from around the state that I knew in prison who went to the hospital were all cuffed to the bed. I can only speak of what I know. maybe it is not supposed to be standard. maybe the cops broke the rules. But it happened. hell it happened to me and no one blinked an eye. No lawyer, judge, no one said wait a minute that should not be. I was read my rights but only on the second day I was in because I was so doped up and out of it I wouldnt have understood them any way.

Im not debating what you have seen. You work there you have seen things I have not since I have never worked there. I can only tell you what I and others in prison with me went through. I should have said it seems like standard procedure because it happened a hell of a lot.

Im not saying he committed a crime. i am not saying he deserved to be shot like that because clearly he did not. I can only speak on what I and others like me went through.
    It might also vary by jurisdiction.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you are talking about a darn near perfect world there. I am talking about the flawed policing mechanism that is currently in place all across America and isn't going anywhere in the near future.

As for Mr. Blake, no disagreement there. That said, that it was what happened to him was fundamentally wrong doesn't create a situation where we won't have to deal with the reality of all of the things that will happen in it's wake. It's a reality where it would be wise to attempt to come up with a "Policing..." angle when it comes to that seventeen year old. It would be a blessing if he is the only time any folks lose their lives like this.

If he is not? I'd hope that someone somewhere is taking steps to avoid tragedy should this sort of thing wind up right on the verge of happening again.
    The cops emboldened these clowns. "We appreciate you guys, we really do."

Those are vigilantes, and one of them did some vigilante shit, and then walked away.

Guess there is a reason they love shit like this so much.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Also, why aren't rightwing nutjobs calling for these assholes to be shot?

Anti-government activist Ammon Bundy arrested after maskless protesters storm Idaho Capitol

Property was destroyed, they ignored police. Isn't that what they think is deserves death?
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-27-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s been Trump’s modus operandi from day one, crank out scandals faster than the media can dissect them. He’s the original moving target that no one can effectively nail to the wall.

Then I’m sure it won’t matter to Kenosha’s PD and the city when the Blake family sues the unholy shit out of both, which I hope happens. The optics of cuffing a paralyzed man to a bed is beyond infuriating, especially after he’d been put in that bed by the cops, fuck procedure.
    It may not be procedure. It seemed that way in my state. like I said it happened a lot of time here. So I am not surprised they did it to him. of course his family is going to sue and this is one more list of wrongs to add to the list. WBE works in a hospital and says its not procedure I am not debating what he sees in a career I know nothing about. but it sure as hell seemed that way to me and the over a dozen others I met in four years of prison who were cuffed to a bed for many days.

Mighty Member

Is this something I should be worried about?

https://twitter.com/chiIIum/status/1299077701916073984

It may not be procedure. It seemed that way in my state. like I said it happened a lot of a lot here. So I am not surprised they did it here. of course his family is going to sue and this is one more list of wrongs to add to the list. WBE works in a hospital and says its not procedure I am not debating what he sees in a career I know nothing about. but it sure as hell seemed that way to me and the over a dozen I met in four years of prison who were cuffed to a bed for many days.
    It could also be the difference between someone serving time in prison and someone who hasn't even been to trial yet. Handcuffing is supposed to be for people who are libel to do something to harm themselves or others, or libel to try and escape.

Reminds me of a current storyline in a webcomic, Dumbing of Age. Two fathers, one recently released on bail for kidnapping his daughter and another who has a vendetta against his own daughter, join forces. The bottom line, the second father kills the first then is seriously injured and hospitalized. He isn't handcuffed, and in fact, he has connections among the Police. Only, they don't try to help him escape. Instead, one of the police officers watching him gives him his gun so that he can shot himself.

Fiction I know, but I can see in this white privilege. Instead of facing trial and conviction, the police gave him the ultimate out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.