Page 588 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858458558658758858959059159259863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That seems to not be true:

Felony warrants against Jacob Blake Jr. have been vacated and restrains have been removed, Blake’s attorney, Patrick Cafferty, told CNN.
    Cafferty also said that the police are no longer guarding Blake at the hospital.
    https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status...24502766538758
    They probably would have actually had to have existed to be vacated.

Seems more like it could be...

- Was Previously True.
    - Is Not Currently True.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I guess I can kind of see where you are coming from...

I take it you have a list of the exact folks who lost their lives due to being exposed at at the gym he went to?

If not?

It's got right around "Nothing..." to do with what Mets posted.
    It literally has EVERYTHING to do with it. That libertarian ***hole only thinks of himself, got a contagious disease, and went into Congress, where there are many people "at risk" just from their age group alone, let alone their health status. He doesn't care about anyone.

So when you ask "what steps he could have taken..."

He could have done a lot of things. But the answer is pointless, because we should know he did nothing. Or in fact, he did less than nothing. He went the opposite direction...

Since some folks are real slow on the uptake about Rand Paul, I'll then also add he was enough of an ***hole that he was the only person who voted against the Coronavirus stimulus package in March. So he could have done that.

Again, thanks for playing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Even if the Republicans did vote to remove Trump which they should have done rather then sticking to the party line and loyalty. Would Pence who would have taken over done any Better?
    I dunno, do I think much of Mike Pence versus a pandemic? Given how he did with an HIV outbreak in Indiana, not really...

But the bar is so low from Trump, the literal thing is "better" by Pence would have been "Don't inject yourself with bleach".

So absolutely, Mike Pence could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What specific steps should Rand Paul have taken that would have reduced the deaths from COVID-19?
    I’m not playing the ‘Well...’ or ‘ummm actually’ game today. The Republican Party, of which Rand Paul is a part, and which you support, is killing Americans in the hundreds of thousands through inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I’m not playing the ‘Well...’ or ‘ummm actually’ game today. The Republican Party, of which Rand Paul is a part, and which you support, is killing Americans in the hundreds of thousands through inaction.
    Or specifically in Rand Paul's case, specifically trying to stop those who ARE acting. (And personally potentially spreading the disease throughout Congress.)

I cannot seriously picture a worse person in the legislative branch to defend, perhaps with the exception of Mitch McConnell blocking further stimulus votes, for "what else could be done on Covid-19?" speculation.

And McConnell's a Republican, too. So maybe that's not a place they want to go.

All Mets is after here is to point out that Paul couldn’t have done anything by himself (he could have, still could, but won’t) to lower deaths. Because as Mets has pointed out, he’d rather be right about a particular point than be on the right side. I’m not playing that weak ass game.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I guess I can kind of see where you are coming from...

I take it you have a list of the exact folks who lost their lives due to being exposed at at the gym he went to?

If not?

It's got right around "Nothing..." to do with what Mets posted.
    That would involve a competent contact tracing system, but we don’t have one.
    Last edited by Joker; 08-28-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Read the article again. You summarized it incorrectly.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All Mets is after here is to point out that Paul couldn’t have done anything by himself (he could have, still could, but won’t) to lower deaths. Because as Mets has pointed out, he’d rather be right about a particular point than be on the right side. I’m not playing that weak ass game.

That would involve a competent contact tracing system, but we don’t have one.
    Why should anyone be taken seriously if they don't feel it is important to be right on a particular point?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Why should anyone be taken seriously if they don't feel it is important to be right on a particular point?
    I already said I’m not playing your game today, dude.

Astonishing Member

That story appears to have been exaggerated by critics saying America is being Pinochet'd.

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/s...07372219293702

One guy was taken into custody and released shortly after.

It shouldn't have happened this way, but if this is one of the biggest mistakes the federal government has made against protesters (which seems to be the case if you're mentioning it a month later and if this guy is addressing members of Congress, and the face of an ACLU lawsuit) it would suggest the situation isn't that bad.
    I'm not a republican. I'm not going to take the word of Twitter posts or a far right wing rag. I'll go with what the fact checkers say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Vote to remove Trump before his failure of a response resulted in 180,000 dead Americans for one.
    The decision about whether Trump should have been removed from office for contempt of Congress, and abuse of power should have nothing to do with whether someone thinks he's a competent President. It should be exclusively about the charges.

Otherwise, the implication is that an otherwise effective President who violated the law should be allowed to keep his job, and that if a president is ineffective, any excuse should be used to kick them out.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm not a republican. I'm not going to take the word of Twitter posts or a far right wing rag. I'll go with what the fact checkers say.
    I linked to a twitter comment by a liberal writer for Esquire because it was a good example of a common left-wing argument, and a straight news article in an Oregon paper.

Though the fact-check shows that the kidnapping claims include significant elements of falsity.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I already said I’m not playing your game today, dude.
    He doesn’t even believe that the Republican Party engages in racist voter suppression so nobody should play his game on any day.

BANNED

significant elements of falsity.
    I’m going to hold on to this little nugget for the future.

Iraq War, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    I’m going to hold on to this little nugget for the future.

Iraq War, anyone?
    The phrase "significant elements of falsity" is in Factcheck's description of a Mixture rating.

What have I said about the Iraq War that you disagree with?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh man, now that's some turn around. Did the Mooch last longer?

The Food and Drug Administration has ousted its controversial chief spokesperson, Emily Miller, following botched communications about using blood plasma as a potential COVID-19 treatment, according to multiple media reports.

Miller, who held the position for just 11 days, aggressively defended FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn this week after he grossly misstated benefits of the treatment during a press briefing last Sunday. In the briefing, President Trump announced that the FDA had authorized emergency use of the treatment, despite reports that experts at the National Institutes of Health objected, saying the evidence was too weak to justify use. Though Hahn apologized for his misstatements, controversy over the authorization continued, raising questions about the credibility of the FDA and the independence of Hahn.

But even without that fiasco, Miller’s presence at the agency was controversial, drawing further concern that the traditionally apolitical agency has been politicized by the Trump Administration.

The White House installed Miller, a right-wing activist, to the FDA August 17. Though she has no background in science or medicine, she was appointed to the position of assistant commissioner and chief spokesperson for the regulatory agency, a position that is typically filled by non-political civil servants.

Miller’s previous work included directing communications for Senator Ted Cruz’s re-election campaign and reporting for One America News, a right-wing cable channel that often dabbles in conspiracy theories and prominently supports Trump. As Stat news points out, Miller also worked as columnist for the Washington Times, where she published pieces with titles such as: “New Obamacare ads make young women look like sluts.” In 2013, she published a book on gun rights titled, Emily Gets Her Gun: But Obama Wants to Take Yours.