Page 595 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559159259359459559659759859960564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump had said how his brother was his best friend. Ingraham said "He lost his brother, his best friend, to COVID."
    Would Ingraham be in a position to know?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Would Ingraham be in a position to know?
    Maybe she heard it from Hannity?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

As COVID outbreak continues, Trump returns to perennial obsession: TV ratings

The tweeter-in-chief was citing the viewership the GOP claimed for the entire Republican National Convention to renominate Trump for office.

That figure included both online and TV viewership. In terms of TV viewers alone, the Democratic National Convention consistently topped the RNC. About 23.8 million people watched Trump formally accept the nomination on Thursday, compared to the 24.6 million who tuned in to Biden’s acceptance speech, according to figures from Nielsen. The DNC beat the RNC on every other night except for one.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump had said how his brother was his best friend. Ingraham said "He lost his brother, his best friend, to COVID."
    It sounds like "his brother comma his friends from covid" And that statement could go either way. Did he lose his brother and friends from covid or did he lose his brother, and also lost friends form covid? It didn't read definitely to me, either way.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Are you aware that a lot of black people are starting to questioning if that realignment never happened and they are leaving the Democratic Party using the term "leave the plantation"?
    Yeah, and cows go "oink", based on this logic.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It sounds like "his brother comma his friends from covid" And that statement could go either way. Did he lose his brother and friends from covid or did he lose his brother, and also lost friends form covid? It didn't read definitely to me, either way.
    Hold on a minute! Trump has friends? That’s news to me!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump did not talk about any friends dying from COVID in his speech.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

racisttrolls.jpg

Just saw this on twitter.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Cancelling people in the US isn’t a leftist or liberal position, tons of prominent Americans had their careers cancelled by conservative or right leaning people for decades now. Whether it’s labelling actors as communist or Sinead O’Connor tearing the picture of the Pope or Janet Jackson showing her boob during Super Bowl or the Dixie Chicks losing their entire careers for criticizing George Bush during the Iraq War, people have been destroyed by more conservative elements for a long time now (note how a number of them are women). Colin Kapernick very recently lost his entire playing career for daring to peacefully protest police brutality.

The only difference now is that people are being savagely criticized for socially regressive views. This was never the case before because social media wasn’t a thing and people were smart enough to hide their views. The new right just loves to play victim hood when they are spewing all manner of garbage that rightly gets criticized. Guys like Tucker Carlson and far-right agitators simply want to be allowed to spread their bigotry unchecked without consequence which again is completely hypocritical considering how much they condemned Colin Kapernick and other black athletes protests (Laura Ingraham was so heavily criticized that she had to explain how she could support Tom Brady airing his political views but completely condemned Lebron James for doing the same).

The whole crying against cancel culture by guys like Trump is very hypocritical considering he did everything to publicly condemn the exonerated five back in the day. Ultimately, cancel culture as it’s been framed by the right isn’t a thing. What’s happening now is that people are facing the consequences of saying or doing dumb shit....and a lot of these people were in days past seemingly immune to cancel culture.
    I just listened to a history podcast talk about Charles Lindbergh. He wasn't being subtle about being a Nazi sympathizer, only denying it when directly asked by the press, who kept fawning over him based on the Spirit of St. Louis run.

After Pearl Harbor? His ass got cancelled. And it should have been sooner, because he was a goddamned Nazi.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I just listened to a history podcast talk about Charles Lindbergh. He wasn't being subtle about being a Nazi sympathizer, only denying it when directly asked by the press, who kept fawning over him based on the Spirit of St. Louis run.

After Pearl Harbor? His ass got cancelled. And it should have been sooner, because he was a goddamned Nazi.
    The only reason it didn't happen sooner for Lindbergh was that many Americans still had sympathy for him over what happened to his son.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Did anyone see the Plot Against America on HBO?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Did anyone see the Plot Against America on HBO?
    After hearing the podcast, now I want to more.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hold on a minute! Trump has friends? That’s news to me!
    Trump did not talk about any friends dying from COVID in his speech.
    Consider the source. Also, I'm not fact checking here, just saying what I heard. The audio is not crystal clear.

Astonishing Member

This is how I read because Stanley Chera, trump's friend, died from covid.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The only reason it didn't happen sooner for Lindbergh was that many Americans still had sympathy for him over what happened to his son.
    You beat me to that. At the time Lindbergh’s son was murdered, the press called it “The Crime of the Century”.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!