Page 605 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560160260360460560660760860961565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I say it in every day life. Here’s another one I say. Is it just me or does it not feel like Biden is even running a campaign for president, let alone a competitive one? Is my news feed just so clogged with ‘holy shit’ all day that Biden isn’t making the news because he’s not a complete fucking disaster?

Because where I’m sitting it doesn’t feel like Biden is even running a campaign for president.

Yours truly,
    Some anonymous guy named “Joker” on the internet.
    You're correct. Since March, Biden has done minimal campaigning, when he has needed to act presidential and make statements he has appeared in person (and has often been masked and social distancing to lead by example), but primarily he's sat back and let Trump "proceed" as Obama did with Romney in their 2012 debate, and let him make a mistake. Except Trump's been in one combo-mistake for six months.

All Biden's had to do is wait, and then put out social media statements like, "I can't believe I have to say this, but don't drink bleach."

And as his approval rating has trended up about 5-10% in that time, Trump's has gone the opposite direction. Head-to-head, Biden has a stable lead, and there's still more tell-all books coming, more former National Security experts running to the press, more people dying of Covid-19 in a terrible Trump administration response, and just more tales of corruption that keep coming out.

Biden and the Democrats are setting up quite the rope-a-dope, if Trump turns up to debate Biden. Because any mention of Ukraine or Russia by Trump is going to have the counter-punch waiting about Russian bounties. Biden hasn't spoken to that yet, and my money is he's waiting for a national audience to deliver that uppercut.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    She's simply stating what most people believe, that gender is not soley a social construct it is a biological reality as well. If you think she should be censored and cancelled, and prohibited from free speech for stating what most people believe, that's your call.

You have a strange history on here my friend....

1) Half the time your defending Republican viewpoints.(Since your so fond of highlighting)

2) You tried to gode me into a conversation by attacking Kamala Harris, not knowing I was a Susan Rice supporter for VP

3) In our last conversation, you twice took the side of a far right militia shooter by implying he was acting in self defense, I find that disgusting

4) and now your supposedly defending the woke position.

Do me a favour, stop playing both sides and stand up for your convictions instead of trying to fit in and be popular with some avatars you will never meet.

I'm a center left liberal democrat. I make no bones about it. I hate the far right and I hate the far left, and I don't really care who I p off on here, trying to change your position to fit in, is weak.
    Seriously, that one was hilarious. Thanks for that.

As for one through four, not everybody is "A" or "B". That's just reality.

The shooting in Kenosha? It's got nothing to do with taking his side. It is about basic reality. If there was another person there with a gun(which I am not entirely sure of...) or someone who was attacking him with a skateboard? I've got to deal with that reality. If he was attacked with the skateboard, what would you call whatever he does next?

As for JK, it's just about that she doesn't actually need to do any of what she is doing. In a time and place where the more pressing problem of violence against trans folks is something more like "Solved..."?

Go ham. Talk over whatever you want. Until then?

Where is the "Net Positive" in what she is doing?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Are those 30 year old men wrong because we shouldn't try to get people fired from movie studios in general, or are they wrong because they picked the wrong reason to call for people to get fired?
    Pretty much picking the wrong reasons or cherry picking.

Lets take comicsgate for example.

There are badly edited books at these companies. I can name 5 that I have seen for myself. The person they targeted is NOT the editor for any of them. Because those 5 are from DC, Dynamite & Lion Forge.

They bought up a LEGIT concern.

Same with Priest only getting black lead book offers. While the same bad white writers kept getting books. Something many have complained about even before McDuffie died.

Same thing a LEGIT concern.

They went the WRONG way about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously, that one was hilarious. Thanks for that.

As for one through four, not everybody is "A" or "B". That's just reality.

The shooting in Kenosha? It's got nothing to do with taking his side. It is about basic reality. If there was another person there with a gun(which I am not entirely sure of...) or someone who was attacking him with a skateboard? I've got to deal with that reality. If he was attacked with the skateboard, what would you call whatever he does next?
    Reality is he had no business down there with a gun. It's not his place to defend TJ Maxx or someone's business that he does not know. They got insurance for that.

He is not Frank Castle or a police officer.

You want to say self defense. Fine. If you have to carry that to feel safe-maybe you need to stay at the HOUSE.

He was looking for a fight. He wouldn't have done that if that was in CHiraq. He went to the one place where he KNEW he could "feel" safe.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Are those 30 year old men wrong because we shouldn't try to get people fired from movie studios in general, or are they wrong because they picked the wrong reason to call for people to get fired?

Complaining is one thing.

Cancelling is a little different. It's going beyond. It's the difference between saying you don't like a comic book, and saying that we should boycott who advertises for the comic book.
    I brought up the 30yr old men because they are the opposite of what anyone would call "The Left" yet they have no problem trying to "cancel" people they don't like for the most trivia of matters. But for some reason, it doesn't get called cancel culture.

I actually wouldn't deny anyone's right to boycott anything, but a lot of what gets called "cancelling" is just people on twitter complaining about some hot button issue.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

There’s talk of Dolt45 going to Kenosha to address the violence in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting and, perhaps, speaks to his parents and family. As with all things Trump, this smells of a shameless photo op to make it look like he gives a shit about the situation when in truth, he doesn’t. Of course, there figures to be protestors and Trumpanzees, meaning the possibility of turbulence. Oh, yeah, Trump is also slated to come here to Philly on September 15th to make a play for so-called “undecided voters”, something I find amusing since this city’s been a Democratic stronghold for decades. As with Kenosha, there figures to be the same sort of turbulence with pro and con Trump camps. Makes me wonder if this is all a scam to incite violence so Trump can crow about Democratic cities being violence plagued hellholes only he can resolve with “LAW & ORDER”.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Oh, conservatives do it all the time. I guess I'm more like, as liberals, we should know better because we really believe in freedom and free speech as reality, not just a superficial, flag-waving freedom of speech when I agree with what's being said.
    I agree, but I think as liberals or whatever, we should stop letting the opposition define us. Especially when it comes to this issue. It wasn't liberals that were trying to get Harry Potter taken out of schools, or complained about Nick Spenser's Capt America comics, or burned Dixie Chicks records etc. It wasn't even "the left" that cancelled Milo Y.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let’s not forget the miserable motherfucker CROSSED STATE LINES, a felony to go on his little mission. This wasn’t Mack Bolan hunting after the Mafia, but the intent was similar....Rittenhouse was out to kill someone. Period, full stop, end of story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Reality is he had no business down there with a gun. It's not his place to defend TJ Maxx or someone's business that he does not know. They got insurance for that.

He is not Frank Castle or a police officer.

You want to say self defense. Fine. If you have to carry that to feel safe-maybe you need to stay at the HOUSE.

He was looking for a fight. He wouldn't have done that if that was in CHiraq. He went to the one place where he KNEW he could "feel" safe.
    What's in blue?

Agreed.

What's in green?

It was a situation where what I have seen looks kind of like more than one person may have been looking for a fight. I'm just saying that you don't get to decide the outcomes once you create a situation where violence is probably going to unfold.

The kid was there with a gun. I'm just not seeing where anyone there(outside of the police...) was under any obligation to engage him when folks were potentially going to get hurt as a result.

That mindset makes right around "Zero..." sense to me.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And we haven't discussed this fool in a while. Here's Steve Scalise being a horrible, horrible human being.

@adybarkan, who uses a digital voice device to communicate, is demanding an apology after Rep. Steve Scalise tweeted a clip that inserted words he never said in the same voice.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It sure seems like what your calling "cancel culture" is something that has already existed for a long time that is simply "the consequences of ones own actions". JK Rowling hasn't been "cancelled" (which, I'm pretty sure she still has millions of dollars and hasn't lost a job over her statements...) because everyone made some coordinated effort to besmirch her now, she just kept making statements/actions that called into question her views which turned out are bigoted. Turns out people (rightly) don't like that.
    And most importantly she's still able to express those views. She hasn't been "cancelled".

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Let’s not forget the miserable motherfucker CROSSED STATE LINES, a felony to go on his little mission. This wasn’t Mack Bolan hunting after the Mafia, but the intent was similar....Rittenhouse was out to kill someone. Period, full stop, end of story.
    But he didn't fire on anyone until he was in the midst of a confrontation with someone who was attempting what would probably be assault with a deadly weapon in any other situation?

I'm not saying I can absolutely discount what you believe was the case.

Just that someone who was out to do what you say had ample chance to do so before he did. If that was his motivation, does the restraint up until that point really add up?

Invincible Member

There are badly edited books at these companies. I can name 5 that I have seen for myself. The person they targeted is NOT the editor for any of them. Because those 5 are from DC, Dynamite & Lion Forge.

Same with Priest only getting black lead book offers. While the same bad white writers kept getting books. Something many have complained about even before McDuffie died.

I wasn't going to mention C*m*csg*t* but since you did, a popular member of that community had a comic of his published. When some stores refused to carry it, he decided to print their names. He said it was for "informational" purposes, but clearly he expected some of his followers to "cancel" them.

I'm not so sure about that. I think that, like with Gamergate, the 'wrong way' was the entire point, and they looked for a legitimate concern to use as a veneer over the crap as a preemptive defense against being called out.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There’s talk of Dolt45 going to Kenosha to address the violence in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting and, perhaps, speaks to his parents and family. As with all things Trump, this smells of a shameless photo op to make it look like he gives a shit about the situation when in truth, he doesn’t. Of course, there figures to be protestors and Trumpanzees, meaning the possibility of turbulence. Oh, yeah, Trump is also slated to come here to Philly on September 15th to make a play for so-called “undecided voters”, something I find amusing since this city’s been a Democratic stronghold for decades. As with Kenosha, there figures to be the same sort of turbulence with pro and con Trump camps. Makes me wonder if this is all a scam to incite violence so Trump can crow about Democratic cities being violence plagued hellholes only he can resolve with “LAW & ORDER”.
    If he gave a damn about the family og Blake, if he gave a damn about Blake and what was going on he would have said something long before now. I know this orning on Fox news they said he was going there to meet with law enforcement officers to show support. He had no plans to meet with the family. So meeting with the family must be a new thing.

I think it is funny how Trump is quick to denounce violent protesters when they are Dems or Black Lives matter. At least that is who he accuses them of being. Yet his supporters who commit acts of violence or intimidation are given a free pass.

I have a question. Why are there no term limits in congress? I like at Mitch and Chabott who have been in office for over 30 and 25 years. Pelosi and Shummer have been in over 20. Why arnt there term limits? Has anyone tried to pass a law for term limits? Like the President has term limits. Governors have term limits. Why are there not for that branch? it seems foolish to me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.