Page 612 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 11251256260260860961061161261361461561662266271211121612 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I'd throw most of Fox in there as well. I do think Brett Bair and Chris Wallace play it as straight down the middle as anyone. I don't expect straight news from Hannity anymore than I do Maddow or Cuomo.
    The truly insidious show on Fox is their morning show. Fox and Friends is as biased as the late night opinion shows, but presents itself like a standard network morning show - mostly feel good fluff with some news to break it up, only Fox is a lot of feel angry fluff.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hold on , someone actually believes Trump has handled this well ? I mean the 180,000+ dead right now don't point to success and us being barred from a lot of the world travel wise. I mean if this was handling it well , **** I'd hate to see terrible.

In all he's bumbled his way through this and ignoring actual doctors and scientists to listen to any dumb son of a bitch he can find isn't helping.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Well good to see that there are people on here arguing policy issues for once instead of ideology. That being said,

Of course he would, there is a picture of Rittenhouse front and center at a Trump rally, you don't exactly expect him to take responsibility for his rhetoric.

Remember when the Michigan militia men were storming the state legislature building, because Ms. Whitmer wanted to responsibly protect her state from COVID 19.

Trump called them fine people, and here are those fine people in all their glory...

https://www.michiganadvance.com/2020...er-hit-by-gun/

Here's a big hint. If you have to show up at protest rally wearing a balaclava or hankerchief, because you don't want people to recognize you on the news, or the FBI taking note, chances are....YOUR AT THE WRONG RALLY!
    Last edited by The no face guy; 08-31-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hold on , someone actually believes Trump has handled this well ? I mean the 180,000+ dead right now don't point to success and us being barred from a lot of the world travel wise. I mean if this was handling it well , **** I'd hate to see terrible.

In all he's bumbled his way through this and ignoring actual doctors and scientists to listen to any dumb son of a bitch he can find isn't helping.
    Trump loyalists would be cute if he wasn't destroying the entire country and wasn't such a treasonous criminal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Trump signed legislation giving veterans the option, through use of vouchers to seek medical treatment via private providers rather than the VA when the VA cannot see them in a timely manner. Likewise he changed the law making it easier to remove VA doctors or employees deemed incompetent removing bureaucratic protectilns that prevented that in the past. Obama/Biden did none of this.
    Hope that helps answer your and WPP query..
    lol trump is still receiving credit for something vets have been able to do since 2014?

AP not my idea of unbiased but are you implying Biden would have initiated a China travel ban? Or European travel ban?
    While the AP has a bit of a left-wing bias, it appears to be trustworthy in the sense that a fact-check will not be misleading or inaccurate.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...-bias#leftbias

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    While the AP has a bit of a left-wing bias, it appears to be trustworthy in the sense that a fact-check will not be misleading or inaccurate.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...-bias#leftbias

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/
    It's a sad day when the middle and middle-right are considered left wing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I read about the Maya Forestater case and Rowling's response. I had actually read that one tweet earlier but did not know it was in response to Forestater and not a general statement.
    I'm glad you're coming along here given our previous arguments on trans rights issues.

edited out for now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's a sad day when the middle and middle-right are considered left wing.
    Even the second link refers to the AP being borderline left/center as a function of their editorials rather than the news.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm glad you're coming along here given our previous arguments on trans rights issues.
    Thanks.

There's a youtuber called EssenceofThought who does some incredibly insightful stuff. I listened to numerous of his videos before I even knew he was born female. Never would have guessed.

Nicole Maines is also very inspiring. Until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea she was born male. I thought she was simply an actress playing a trans character. She has said her wish is that there would come a day when being trans or gay or whatever would be irrelevant, that she could say she's trans and the response would be "And? Is there something bad you're going to tell me?"

There's another guy living in the house with me. I know he's a bit homophobic and definitely transphobic. Clearly, we don't talk about stuff like this. He doesn't know I'm bi. One time, he made the remark, "Could you really date or have sex with a woman knowing she used to be a guy?" I really didn't answer because it was rhetorical but now I'd say (and I don't mean this in a juvenile way), "It would be the same as any other person. If I was attracted to her, hell yes." The big epiphany is to get it through your thick skull that this is a woman.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, the youtube videos and other information were all after discussing this with you previously. Thanks. Always good to learn more and know what you're talking about, especially when it makes you more compassionate to another group of people.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 08-31-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even the second link refers to the AP being borderline left/center as a function of their editorials rather than the news.
    I tend to ignore OP-eds from all sources ... I got my own stinkin' opinions!

I've also noticed that US scales for left/right are rather ... skewed compared to the average political scientist.

Obama would be center-right in most of Europe!

An aside ...

Chile had several big quakes tonight (6.7, 6.3, 7.0, 6.8 range) with significant aftershocks (no bad damage or tsunamis, thankfully) and the US West Coast / Nevada region are having a swarm of quakes in the last 24 hours.

Are we about to have a big one?

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/ear...ern-Chile.html
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...84491,-43.1543
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...emap/intensity
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...emap/intensity

UGH ... 2020 ... just when you think it couldn't get any worse ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-31-2020 at 11:34 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Don't even say that ****, man!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Spouts New Conspiracy Theories In Bizarre Fox News Interview

Later in the Fox News interview, Trump claimed unnamed people in “dark shadows” were pulling the strings behind his Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, a claim which even Ingraham said, “sounds like a conspiracy theory.”

“There are people that are on the streets,” Trump continued. “There are people that are controlling the streets.”

He claimed there was an apparent secret plot to damage the Republican National Convention, but refused to provide any clarifying details.

“We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend. And in the plane, it was almost completely loaded with thugs, wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms, with gear and this and that,” he said.
    "Dark shadows"? Barnabas Collins is controlling Biden? A plane full of thugs in black uniforms? Jesus! Even for Trump, this was batshit fucking crazy! Meanwhile....

Trump Set To Visit Kenosha As Turmoil Over Jacob Blake Shooting Continues

Wisconsin’s governor has asked the president to stay away following demonstrations over the police shooting of the 29-year-old Black man. By the by, Trump has no plans on visiting the Blake family. I'm guessing that's because they want nothing to do with him.

Joe Biden Condemns Violence At Protests: ‘Rioting Is Not Protesting’

“Does anyone believe there will be less violence in America if Donald Trump is reelected?” the former vice president asked in Pittsburgh.

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson Touts ‘Citizen Soldiers’ To ‘Overwhelm Rioters’

Two protesters were killed in Kenosha because “citizens took matters into their own hands,” the Wisconsin senator told CNN’s Dana Bash. Of course some GOP shitstain slurping Trump would say something that inflammatory. Meanwhile....

U.S. Faces A ‘Perfect Storm’ Of Political Violence Heading Into November Election

There have been nearly 11,000 demonstrations in the U.S. this summer — as well as a rising tide of state repression and vigilante violence. And all this is in DONALD TRUMP'S AMERICA. Everyone needs to remember that!

Steve Scalise Defends His Use Of Altered Biden Interview With Activist

The Republican admitted the video shouldn’t have been edited but maintained that the real interview still proved that Joe Biden wants to defund police. Pathetic, and disgusting, taking advantage of a disabled man for crass political ends. Scalise is a real turd.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-01-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

I've been tracking the polls on 538 and some new polls do show some serious tightening. Crazy as Trump's strategy is, it's getting traction.

As I've said earlier, Biden's campaign needs to get out it's "voice" a lot more. He needs to start running like he's actually campaigning for President.

The Democrats can't lose this opportunity. Seriously, a repeat of 2016 will be a disaster.