Page 619 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 11951956960961561661761861962062162262362966971911191619 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Saw this story circulating on Twitter. Make of it what you will:

Trump urged Sarah Sanders to ‘take one for the team’ after Kim Jong-un winked at her
    Even if false, it's sad that Trump's behavior would incline us to think this would happen

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Even if false, it's sad that Trump's behavior would incline us to think this would happen
    It's from an excerpt from her upcoming memoir. It would be a weird story for her to make up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-un-wink-book

Rather than a tell-all by a former staffer or a burn-all by a hostile family member, the book is a paean to the president by a loyal follower with the subtitle Faith, Freedom and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House.

Sanders is from a notable Republican family – her father is Mike Huckabee, a candidate for the presidential nomination in 2008 and 2016 – and reportedly has her eye on a run for governor in Arkansas.

However, somewhat in the manner of leaked sections that took aim at the former national security adviser John Bolton after he turned on Trump, Sanders does describe boorish or misogynistic behavior by the president and senior aides that may make campaign aides wince, particularly as Trump trails Joe Biden among women.

Of the incident with Kim, whom Trump courted assiduously in the first two years of his presidency, Sanders describes a session at the Singapore talks in which the dictator “reluctantly” accepted a Tic Tac from Trump, who “dramatically blew into the air to reassure Kim it was just a breath mint” and not a capsule of poison.

The two men also talked about sports, including women’s soccer. Then, Sanders writes, she looked up “to notice Kim staring at me. We made direct eye contact and Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me. I was stunned. I quickly looked down and continued taking notes.

“… All I could think was, ‘What just happened? Surely Kim Jong-un did not just mark me!?’”

Later, in the presidential “Beast” limousine on the way to the airport, Sanders relayed the incident to Trump and his then chief of staff, John Kelly.

“Kim Jong-un hit on you!” Trump said. “He did! He fucking hit on you!”

Sanders, a devout Christian who discusses her faith throughout her book, does not spell out the presidential expletive. But she does write that she told Trump that was not what she meant, and said: “Sir, please stop.”

Kelly backed up the president and Trump joked: “Well, Sarah, that settles it. You’re going to North Korea and taking one for the team! Your husband and kids will miss you, but you’ll be a hero to your country!”

Trump and Kelly, Sanders writes, “howled with laughter” as the car drove on.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    One poll from the Trafalgar Group shows that.

The ASSUMPTION is that this is good for Trump has not actually been borne out in actually reputable polls, which the Trafalgar group isn't, despite their luck in 2016 they are a below average accuracy firm.

Also, as someone who lives in Portland, people outside the city such as yourself have an incredibly distorted view of what's happening here.

Trump is the guy fanning the flames. It's pretty obvious. Law and order only works when you aren't holding the matchbook in plain view.
    Look at how effective it is for Trump nationally... Biden is surging.

bidentrump.jpg
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's from an excerpt from her upcoming memoir. It would be a weird story for her to make up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-un-wink-book
    God damn. Who else is shocked that Trump can't read a damn room?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Look at how effective it is for Trump nationally... Biden is surging.

bidentrump.jpg
    I've seen reports of Biden pulling away in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at the state level.

Trump has eked out an advantage in Texas, and is starting to solidify Ohio, against all reason.

Still, the swing state polls widening for Biden... Trump's electoral path is getting narrower.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

God damn. Who else is shocked that Trump can't read a damn room?
    I am - his ability to keep a crowd fired up is the biggest thing he has going for him. But reading a room probably isn't quite the same thing as reading a stadium.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I've seen reports of Biden pulling away in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at the state level.

Trump has eked out an advantage in Texas, and is starting to solidify Ohio, against all reason.

Still, the swing state polls widening for Biden... Trump's electoral path is getting narrower.
    The danger is that with his postal sabotage Trump will look like the winner on election night and will try to declare the rest of the vote illegitimate.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The danger is that with his postal sabotage Trump will look like the winner on election night and will try to declare the rest of the vote illegitimate.
    That is the going concern. I mean, he was probably going to declare victory at some point regardless of anything. He might have to be physically removed from the White House. God forbid it's anything other than an absolutely obvious win on election night.

Malinowski challenger campaigned for candidate who made bigoted social media posts

The Republican candidate challenging Democratic U.S. Rep. Tom Malinowski in a key New Jersey swing district apologized this week for helping raise campaign cash for a local GOP candidate who has posted bigoted content on Facebook.

Tom Kean Jr., who’s running for Congress in Central Jersey’s 7th District as a moderate Republican with bipartisan credentials, was the “special guest” at a fundraiser last Saturday for local council candidates Jesse Wilson and Joseph Nicastro. Wilson has made several posts to a local Facebook group in which he denigrated Blacks, gays and women — both under his own name and what the Malinowski campaign alleges was a pseudonym.
    The controversy — which erupted after Malinowski highlighted the posts — shows how difficult it is for Kean to run as a kinder, gentler Republican in the Trump era while also trying not to alienate a GOP base that embraces and sometimes expands on the president’s racist rhetoric.

One meme Wilson posted shows several Black people running out of a Target store with goods, insinuating looting, with the text “Community in Mourning over the loss of George Floyd.”

Wilson also shared a post calling “white guilt” the “new virus in America” and shared a photo of himself with the text “It’s okay to by white.” A post written under the alleged pseudonym, “Jerome Biggums,“ states that hate speech “does not exist” and that “some of us aren’t okay with teaching our kids homosexual history … Some of us don’t care about your pronouns.”

“Some of us want our country great again,” the post by “Jerome Biggums” states.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yeah as much as it sucks if you people think the protests and riots are going to come to their neighborhood and Trump is selling himself as the tough guy who will crackdown, it’s going to win over people who just want to have security. Comfort is big in this country. It was the same issue with the economy. When it was good about 6 months ago, Trump always had a shot.
    Even if they aren't necessarily scared about "lawlessness" it gives them an excuse to vote for Trump. That's really all some of these people are looking for.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That is the going concern. I mean, he was probably going to declare victory at some point regardless of anything. He might have to be physically removed from the White House. God forbid it's anything other than an absolutely obvious win on election night.
    The White House is a legit fortress. If his own party won't remove him, he's only walking out of there on his own terms.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The White House is a legit fortress. If his own party won't remove him, he's only walking out of there on his own terms.
    Heh, I'd be willing to lose the White House for a few decades if all we had to do to get rid of Trump was seal him up in there

Heh, I'd be willing to lose the White House for a few decades if all we had to do to get rid of Trump was seal him up in there
    Perhaps we can send him a small cask of sherry before we wall him up. I hear they make an appropriate vintage in Italy.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-02-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Perhaps we can send him a small cask of sherry before we wall him up. I hear they make an appropriate vintage in Italy.
    Are we speaking of... Amontillado?
    Watching television is not an activity.