Page 624 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 12452457461462062162262362462562662762863467472411241624 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I said that her lack of interest in actually making absolutely sure that she is in compliance with existing mask law/orders undercuts any attempt to actually get folks to take such laws orders seriously.

Which has nothing to do with what is in blue.

It is about if what you do hobbles attempts to get folks to take mask laws/orders that are in place seriously.
    Basically, letting your guard down once or twice is worse than constantly ignoring and abusing the law.

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Basically, letting your guard down once or twice is worse than constantly ignoring and abusing the law.

Got it
    No.

The second part has nothing to do the "Worse.." in the part in blue. Because it is a completely different issue.

If you are going to be the side that is advocating for sensible mask orders/laws? That you actually make sure that you are in compliance with those sorts of orders/laws is important because not doing so undercuts any attempt to get the public to take complying with them seriously.

If you are going to be the side that says "We Need To Go With The Science..."? It is pretty important to actually do so.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just when you think he can't sink any lower....from the Atlantic

Trump says Americans who Died in War are "losers and "suckers"

This is the opening paragraph and it gets worse
    When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
    Cadet Bonespur "seems to genuinely not understand why Americans treat former prisoners of war with respect. Nor does he understand why pilots who are shot down in combat are honored by the military". When accompanying John Kelly to Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day of 2017, they went to the Section 60, where those who were killed in our most recent wars are buried. Kelly's son Robert Kelly (who was in the Marines died serving his country in Afghanistan in 2010) is buried there. He was only 29 years old. But "according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

The article goes on to say that John Kelly declined to comment on this but it makes you wonder how he could stomach working with this President? How can any sane person? Let's hope that by Veteran's Day this November all the votes will be in and he will have lost this election. And then he won't have to bother visiting the graves of those who lost their lives serving this country

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is much worse than the top US attorney saying he doesn't know if voting twice is against the law.
    He is either really in love with Trump or really scared of him if he says something like this to a reporter. I mean Hell no on can be that dumb right? It makes me so sick!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He is either really in love with Trump or really scared of him if he says something like this to a reporter. I mean Hell no on can be that dumb right? It makes me so sick!
    He is a fascist who wants to consolidate power behind Trump with no regard for the law or constitution.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Cadet Bonespur "seems to genuinely not understand why Americans treat former prisoners of war with respect. Nor does he understand why pilots who are shot down in combat are honored by the military". When accompanying John Kelly to Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day of 2017, they went to the Section 60, where those who were killed in our most recent wars are buried. Kelly's son Robert Kelly (who was in the Marines died serving his country in Afghanistan in 2010) is buried there. He was only 29 years old. But "according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

The article goes on to say that John Kelly declined to comment on this but it makes you wonder how he could stomach working with this President? How can any sane person? Let's hope that by Veteran's Day this November all the votes will be in and he will have lost this election. And then he won't have to bother visiting the graves of those who lost their lives serving this country
    In the same article, Trump suggests keeping wounded veterans out of military parades because "nobody wants to see" amputees.

It's worth noting that John Kelly did leave the White House nearly two years ago, and both of Joe Biden's sons served in the armed forces.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Fox News polls seem to heavily favor Biden. You’d have to think they’re doing that to impart a sense of urgency in the Republican voters. Keep everyone scared and angry.

Other polls are showing Biden and Trump statistically tied in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and North Carolina. What happened in Pennsylvania that has Biden sinking? Maybe the civil unrest has white undecided voters scared. Which is of course what Trump is counting on. It’s absolutely soul crushing to think so many people can still support Trump.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m surprised Kelly didn’t up and deck Trump for saying what he did. So, from the Revolutionary War that helped give birth to America to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, so many “suckers” and “losers” laid down their lives for this country. No, an unrepentant draft dodger and sociopath like Trump will NEVER understand the sacrifice so many brave servicemen and servicewomen made. How ANY veteran can support Trump is beyond mystifying, it’s infuriating because he doesn’t give a **** about them or the military.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Fox News polls seem to heavily favor Biden. You’d have to think they’re doing that to impart a sense of urgency in the Republican voters. Keep everyone scared and angry.

Other polls are showing Biden and Trump statistically tied in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and North Carolina. What happened in Pennsylvania that has Biden sinking? Maybe the civil unrest has white undecided voters scared. Which is of course what Trump is counting on. It’s absolutely soul crushing to think so many people can still support Trump.
    There are big questions about how to weigh polls, which can result in some differences.

It isn't the case that Fox News polls are better for Biden than all others.

In Wisconsin, multiple polls show Biden ahead by 4-8 points. An outlier is the Trafalgar Group, which had Trump ahead by one, but they're known for skewing their polls to take into account social desirability bias.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...849.html#polls
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are big questions about how to weigh polls, which can result in some differences.

It isn't the case that Fox News polls are better for Biden than all others.

In Wisconsin, multiple polls show Biden ahead by 4-8 points. An outlier is the Trafalgar Group, which had Trump ahead by one, but they're known for skewing their polls to take into account social desirability bias.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...849.html#polls
    Yeah I was actually looking at Real Clear Politics. That’s when I noticed the trend. For example, Fox has Biden up by 8 in Wisconsin while CNBC has him up by 5. Last month Fox had Biden up by 11 in Pennsylvania, which was the widest margin of any poll. Same with their North Carolina and Minnesota polls.

I just found it unusual that the news network with the pretty blatant pro-Trump bias would have polls that showed such high marks for Biden.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-03-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m surprised Kelly didn’t up and deck Trump for saying what he did. So, from the Revolutionary War that helped give birth to America to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, so many “suckers” and “losers” laid down their lives for this country. No, an unrepentant draft dodger and sociopath like Trump will NEVER understand the sacrifice so many brave servicemen and servicewomen made. How ANY veteran can support Trump is beyond mystifying, it’s infuriating because he doesn’t give a **** about them or the military.
    This kind of revelation would cause any other candidate for President to drop out or risk being forced out by his own party. But not in 2020. The polls are getting close again. I despair for this country to know that many people still support this toxic buffoon and sociopath.

BANNED

Trump says Dead American Military Heroes are “losers” and “suckers.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uckers/615997/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This kind of revelation would cause any other candidate for President to drop out or risk being forced out by his own party. But not in 2020. The polls are getting close again. I despair for this country to know that many people still support this toxic buffoon and sociopath.
    We all know why....racism and toxic white grievance. They’re not supporting Trump because of his hamfisted response to the virus which resulted in nearly 200,000 deaths, millions of people unemployed, or the economy which he trashed after screwing up said response. Hell, I doubt they even care about all of that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a bad look for a legislator to claim ignorance of the law. This is a bit like someone busted for drunk driving saying the bartender told them it was fine.
    First- when Republicans actually start endorsing and WEARING masks, then you can say something.

Second- when I went and got my hair cut, guess what? They had me take my mask off. Depending on where you go and who does your hair, they might just ask you to take yours off while they still wear theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I was actually looking at Real Clear Politics. That’s when I noticed the trend. For example, Fox has Biden up by 8 in Wisconsin while CNBC has him up by 5. Last month Fox had Biden up by 11 in Pennsylvania, which was the widest margin of any poll. Same with their North Carolina and Minnesota polls.

I just found it unusual that the news network with the pretty blatant pro-Trump bias would have polls that showed such high marks for Biden.
    If their lemmings think a Biden win is more likely they are more scared and likelier to vote Trump.