Page 625 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 12552557561562162262362462562662762862963567572511251625 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 75153

While it's never easy to put oneself into FNC's frame of mind, there us probably a realistic scenario where the company could be trying to use Looney Tunes reverse psychology on Trump.

Just go on ahead an lie if it steers him where you want him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Trump says Dead American Military Heroes are “losers” and “suckers.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uckers/615997/
    Maddow is talking about that now, and sheesh I didn't think Trump could get any more psychologically twisted, yet there you have it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maddow is talking about that now, and sheesh I didn't think Trump could get any more psychologically twisted, yet there you have it.
    Honestly, it sounds about right.

I wouldn't expect a guy who most likely did what he did when his father was on the way out would somehow grow a moral compass when it came to military service.

I’m glad the mainstream press is picking this story up. I can’t envision Biden and the Dems using this in campaign ads but hopefully they can get it trending on social media for a while. Maybe the Lincoln Project will have a field day with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m glad the mainstream press is picking this story up. I can’t envision Biden and the Dems using this in campaign ads but hopefully they can get it trending on social media for a while. Maybe the Lincoln Project will have a field day with this.
    I bet they will have something out tomorrow. Biden has already addreessed this, though I don't have it to link to .

This is from November 23, 2011: The Military-Civilian Gap: Fewer Family Connections

What stood out was this section of the Pew Survey

Overall, six-in-ten Americans (61%) have an immediate family member who has served in the military. However, some segments of the population are more likely than others to have these family connections. Whites are more likely than blacks to have an immediate family member who served in the military (68% of whites vs. 59% of blacks). Hispanics are much less likely than either whites or blacks to have family ties to the military – only 30% say they have an immediate family member who served.

Republicans are more likely than Democrats or independents to say they have a family connection to the military. Nearly three-quarters of Republicans (73%) say they have an immediate family member who served in the military. This compares with 59% of Democrats and 56% of independents.
    Basically, Trump's base of support.

I bet they will have something out tomorrow. Biden has already addreessed this, though I don't have it to link to .
    It seems Biden is still trying to maintain some dignity in the face of Trump embarrassing vile actions.

He reTweeted the story and stated:

“Here’s my promise to you: If I have the honor of serving as the next commander in chief, I will ensure that our American heroes know that I will have their back and honor their sacrifice. Always.”

It’s fine but I think this warranted something a little tougher. Something like, “if the accounts of Trump’s statements are indeed true, I find them absolutely disgusting and abhorrent. Anyone who doesn’t respect the sacrifice the men and women of our armed services have made in no way deserves to be president of the United States!” Give us some fight Joe. We need that guy who made the DNC acceptance speech.

It seems Biden is still trying to maintain some dignity in the face of Trump embarrassing vile actions.

“Here’s my promise to you: If I have the honor of serving as the next commander in chief, I will ensure that our American heroes know that I will have their back and honor their sacrifice. Always.”

It’s fine but I think this warranted something a little tougher. Something like, “if the accounts of Trump’s statements are indeed true, I find them absolutely disgusting and abhorrent. Anyone who doesn’t respect the sacrifice the men and women of our armed services have made in no way deserves to be president of the United States!” Give us some fight Joe. We need that guy who made the DNC acceptance speech.
    Maybe he's saving that for Kamala.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe he's saving that for Kamala.
    Duckworth would have more sting at that, I think.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Who cares if Trump insulted and completely dishonored the Military and his office. Nancy got a hair cut.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Might have tucked it into his back pocket until the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who cares if Trump insulted and completely dishonored the Military and his office. Nancy got a hair cut.
    Easy to care about more than one thing at a time.

Caught this on the WGN America nightly show(NewsNation?...) -

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...ys-time-square

Car Rams Into Black Lives Matter Protesters In New York City's Times Square

This is from November 23, 2011: The Military-Civilian Gap: Fewer Family Connections

What stood out was this section of the Pew Survey

Basically, Trump's base of support.
    Trump was polling worse with the military than he did four years ago, and worse than any Republican presidential candidate in decades... in a Military Times article that dropped four days ago, before this came down the pipe.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ote-for-biden/

Don't imagine him debating Biden and getting given the business about it, including this moment and the mysterious quiet over Russian bounties over the next three debates will help him at all.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-03-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Once Again Tells Americans To Vote Twice In November

“These mail-in ballots are a disgrace,” the president said as millions of Americans are set to cast absentee votes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ummm, didn't Trump vote by mail? Asking for a friend. Meanwhile....

Rep. Ted Lieu Needs Just One Sentence To Insult Bill Barr’s Legal Skills

The attorney general claimed not to know whether it’s legal for Americans to try to vote twice. The California lawmaker offered facetious help. Brilliant, Rep. Lieu! Brilliant!

Kenosha Mother Goes Off-Script In Heartbreaking Plea To Biden

Porche Bennet said she was supposed to read a list of demands from her organization, Black Lives Activists Kenosha, but she spoke from her heart instead.

====================

In coronavirus news:

Fauci Warns 7 States To Take Extra Holiday Precautions Against COVID-19 Surge

“You want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem,” says Fauci as antsy Americans plan for Labor Day weekend.

CNN Report Shows Devastation Of Growing Eviction Crisis Brought On By Coronavirus

One father captured the heartbreaking toll of losing his Houston home: “We ain’t got nowhere to go.”

Chris Hayes On Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Failings: ‘Global Embarrassment’

“In the United States, our leadership failed. Donald Trump failed,” said the MSNBC host.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-04-2020 at 02:08 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!