Page 626 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 12652657661662262362462562662762862963063667672611261626 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Easy to care about more than one thing at a time.
    And I am sure equally as well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I got my absentee ballot application from yesterday and I filled it out and will mail it today. I have a question. Are all mail in ballets this year absentee? If not is there a difference in an absentee then a different mail in vote?

On a funny side note my aunt has been bitching about mail in voting and voter fraud going on and on about how Biden is trying to steal the election. She did not get an application. She was told when she called to ask why that she is not registered to vote in my county at my address. (She is still registered in Ky where she lived before moving in with me.) She threw a fit and said that she has been living with me for over a year and she should get sent one any way. And how dare they make her vote not count. She then called Ky to ask for an absentee ballet. She is bitching about fraud yet she wants to vote in a state where she is not registered and is going nuts because she cant.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I got my absentee ballot application from yesterday and I filled it out and will mail it today. I have a question. Are all mail in ballets this year absentee? If not is there a difference in an absentee then a different mail in vote?

On a funny side note my aunt has been bitching about mail in voting and voter fraud going on and on about how Biden is trying to steal the election. She did not get an application. She was told when she called to ask why that she is not registered to vote in my county at my address. (She is still registered in Ky where she lived before moving in with me.) She threw a fit and said that she has been living with me for over a year and she should get sent one any way. And how dare they make her vote not count. She then called Ky to ask for an absentee ballet. She is bitching about fraud yet she wants to vote in a state where she is not registered and is going nuts because she cant.
    Doesn't matter what it's called, mail-in voting is mail-in voting. Different names for the same thing. The best thing to do is go to your state's election website and read it over. Or go here to Vote.org.

As for your Aunt, I'm sure there is still time for her to register. Go online and hopefully there will be a way to register online, or at least download the application and send it in by mail. And yeah, sometimes you have to hand-hold family members and walk them through the process, explain to them in terms they can understand. Good luck with your Aunt.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-04-2020 at 06:01 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m glad the mainstream press is picking this story up. I can’t envision Biden and the Dems using this in campaign ads but hopefully they can get it trending on social media for a while. Maybe the Lincoln Project will have a field day with this.
    And here it is: Donald Trump thinks these heroes are losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Doesn't matter what it's called, mail-in voting is mail-in voting. Different names for the same thing. The best thing to do is go to your state's election website and read it over. Or go here to Vote.org.

As for your Aunt, I'm sure there is still time for her to register. Go online and hopefully there will be a way to register online. And yeah, sometimes you have to hand-hold family members and walk them through the process, explain to them in terms they can understand. Good luck with your Aunt.
    Thank you for the link

I told her she still has time to register online. She looked up when the dead line is and said yea no rush I will do it in a few days. So given her history she will not register in time then she will bitch about how they took her vote away and Bidin stole this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Thank you for the link

I told her she still has time to register online. She looked up when the dead line is and said yea no rush I will do it in a few days. So given her history she will not register in time then she will bitch about how they took her vote away and Bidin stole this.
    No offense to your aunt, but this reminds me of people who are already thinking like Biden is President and the incumbent, not Trump.

Maybe, after he's out of office, we can all, eventually, forget Trump was ever president.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No offense to your aunt, but this reminds me of people who are already thinking like Biden is President and the incumbent, not Trump.

Maybe, after he's out of office, we can all, eventually, forget Trump was ever president.
    She is just a lazy supporter. She is fine with watching Fox news and believing everything they say. Is fine with quoting Trump like he is the wisest man in the world and bashing those who do not agree with her. But when it comes to things like voting, going to rallies, or anything else that takes work it is too much for her.

But she finds time to tell me on a daily basis how I am a traitor for moving away from Trump and how if Trump is not reelected it is because of people like me.

If Joe Biden loses, it is not the fault of Bernie Sanders or his supporters but it is Mr. Biden's fault for not wooing Bernie Sanders' supporters. He doesn't appear progressive enough. The Progressives may find him too centrist like Hillary Clinton.

Mr. Biden had better convince Bernie Bros to vote for him. Or many of them will either stay at home or vote for Trump.

Here's How Many Bernie Sanders Supporters Ultimately Voted For Trump

Fully 12 percent of people who voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries voted for Trump in the general election.

numbers show that after a bitter Democratic primary, more than 1 in 10 of those who voted in the primaries for the very progressive Sanders ended up voting for the Republican in the general election, rather than for the Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Maybe Biden should better woo Buttiegieg supporters, as Pete beat Sanders in Iowa.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If Joe Biden loses, it is not the fault of Bernie Sanders or his supporters but it is Mr. Biden's fault for not wooing Bernie Sanders' supporters. He doesn't appear progressive enough. The Progressives may find him too centrist like Hillary Clinton.

Mr. Biden had better convince Bernie Bros to vote for him. Or many of them will either stay at home or vote for Trump.

It's like anything, you can't assume that all of Bernie Sanders' Supporters are also dedicated, Democrats. It shouldn't be surprising that some, perhaps only 1%, identify themselves more with being outsiders, with voting against the status quo, against the government, than voting along any party line.

For those, the attractiveness of voting for Trump as an embodiment of Anti-government is strong.

For those, it would be nearly impossible for Biden to convince them otherwise. They need to make that choice on their own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump Once Again Tells Americans To Vote Twice In November

“These mail-in ballots are a disgrace,” the president said as millions of Americans are set to cast absentee votes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ummm, didn't Trump vote by mail? Asking for a friend. Meanwhile....
    trump supporters took bleach just because trump thought out loud if it would kill COVID-19. I see trump supporters actually committing voting fraud since he's encouraging them.

The main distinction is that voters have to ask for absentee ballots, while mail-in ballots are authomatically sent in.

Easy to care about more than one thing at a time.
    This distinction seems to be lost on some of the people, according to the "Why do you care about this when Trump did X?" responses.

While it's never easy to put oneself into FNC's frame of mind, there us probably a realistic scenario where the company could be trying to use Looney Tunes reverse psychology on Trump.

Just go on ahead an lie if it steers him where you want him to go.
    It's also possible they're not going to lie when it comes to polls. Any benefit is very short-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This kind of revelation would cause any other candidate for President to drop out or risk being forced out by his own party. But not in 2020. The polls are getting close again. I despair for this country to know that many people still support this toxic buffoon and sociopath.
    I'd love it if Trump were booted, but no presidential candidate has ever been dropped.

The top defense of Trump seems to be that these are anonymous sources, and should not be taken seriously.

A counterpoint is that Goldberg interviewed Mattis last year, and published his letter in June blasting Trump, which would explain one of the four sources.

https://twitter.com/LesserFrederick/...10971824680967
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 09-04-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump supporters took bleach just because trump thought out loud if it would kill COVID-19. I see trump supporters actually committing voting fraud since he's encouraging them.
    It is a bit crazy - though I'm sure there will be a small percentage of any undereducated group that will be swayed into irrational behavior by what they see on the news and internet.

Nevertheless, MAGA hats should come with safety warnings "CAUTION: Taking anything President Trump says, claims or implies seriously may be hazardous to your physical, mental and financial health."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

This distinction seems to be lost on some of the people, according to the "Why do you care about this when Trump did X?" responses.
    No, it's why do you make an issue of the nothing burger of a Pelosi non story, while you said nothing of the anti-mask antics of the many, many GOP congresspeople or the Pres.
    But you can "care" about this nonsense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

So Biden has to appeal to the independent center AND the progressive left, while also pealing off Trump voters. And Trump just needs his 35% base. I see.
    And there is no responsibility for the Bernie voters who know what a danger Trump is.
    Sorry, if Biden loses because of Bernie voters, it's on them, not Biden.
    And BTW, the current Dem Platform is the most progressive ever.