Page 630 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13053058062062662762862963063163263363464068073011301630 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I don't forsee Bernie Bros withholding there vote, this time round.

Biden one the primary without any controversy. With Clinton there appeared to be a lot of shady things going on behind the scene with the DNC, to ensure the nomination was in her pocket.
    Well, having the Russians hack the party's servers and release all their e-mails... while nothing much of consequence was in them, the perception was how shady all their secret communications being exposed was. We got f'n risotto recipes in that, everyone shut it down!

Meanwhile, the real story is the Russians hacked that, and more things to aid the Trump campaign, full stop.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, having the Russians hack the party's servers and release all their e-mails... while nothing much of consequence was in them, the perception was how shady all their secret communications being exposed was. We got f'n risotto recipes in that, everyone shut it down!

Meanwhile, the real story is the Russians hacked that, and more things to aid the Trump campaign, full stop.
    My Father-In-Law hates primaries.

He longs for the smoke-filled rooms when party leaders would sit in leather bound chairs, sipped whiskey, and decided the candidate themselves.
    He argues that both parties are private, and should be able to decide themselves who best represents them. I haven't fact-checked it, I always assumed he was correct about the private thing.
    If so, I understand his point and, after 2016, I can't really blame him.

Both parties clearly had an undesirable ugly duckling in their group.
    It's naive to think that they wouldn't "work" against that candidate (whatever that may mean).
    The ironic thing is, the party that "failed" to stop that ugly duckling was rewarded with the Presidency.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 09-04-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Mighty Member

Yes well that noting of much consequence led to the resignation of the DNC chairman, nonetheless, there is no such riff in the party this time round. Bernie even lost Michigan to Biden.

As for the Russians & Wikileaks, it was so apparent that they were aiding him, one can only gander that people were so desperate to get away from the status quo that they turned a blind eye, but that will not be the case this time around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm not voting for Biden, I'm voting for RBG's replacement.

That's why I am voting for him. Plus, I actually like Harris. That's a good bonus.
    This.

I 100% supported Bernie and his platform. But i'll still vote for Biden just to get rid of Trump.

Ultimate Member

I'm happy the media picked up on Trump's comments calling dead soldiers "losers".

Too many people simply dismiss Trump's stupidity. During an election cycle such stupidity could prove very costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm happy the media picked up on Trump's comments calling dead soldiers "losers".

Too many people simply dismiss Trump's stupidity. During an election cycle such stupidity could prove very costly.
    Not with his hard core supporters. My aunt heard about this and said it was a lie. Going on and on about liberal media making this up. The republican group she belongs to are all talking about how it is liberal lies and Fox news is already trying to paint it as a lie. As bad as this is with most Trump supporters it wont matter. And if people are on the fence about voting for Trump before this I doubt this is the thing that turns them away from him. This just makes people who already hate him hate him more. But wont really change anyones mind.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not with his hard core supporters. My aunt heard about this and said it was a lie. Going on and on about liberal media making this up. The republican group she belongs to are all talking about how it is liberal lies and Fox news is already trying to paint it as a lie. As bad as this is with most Trump supporters it wont matter. And if people are on the fence about voting for Trump before this I doubt this is the thing that turns them away from him. This just makes people who already hate him hate him more. But wont really change anyones mind.
    Some people said it might change soldiers’ minds and/or minds of their families… It will be a close call…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yes but the testimony from a few unknown staffers is not enough evidence. They should have recorded his comments instead of quoting them.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You are correct. Trump is already denying the Atlantic story. Too bad someone did not think to record Trump's voice as he made those comments. But even if Trump's words were recorded, some of his hard core supporters will refuse to believe the comments came straight from his mouth, as long as he is telling them what they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes but the testimony from a few unknown staffers is not enough evidence. They should have recorded his comments instead of quoting them.

Past that...

I heard on the radio that Bolton said that it never happened.

While there is an obvious scenario where you could explain that away, it doesn't really add up that a guy that is a completely "Mega Hawk..." as Bolton would have left something like this out of his book if Trump had said it.

He would be straight up leaving money on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Maybe Biden should better woo Buttiegieg supporters, as Pete beat Sanders in Iowa.
    Buttiegieg won only one state. Bernie won 9 states. There are fewer Buttiegieg supporters than there are Bernie Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's like anything, you can't assume that all of Bernie Sanders' Supporters are also dedicated, Democrats. It shouldn't be surprising that some, perhaps only 1%, identify themselves more with being outsiders, with voting against the status quo, against the government, than voting along any party line.

For those, the attractiveness of voting for Trump as an embodiment of Anti-government is strong.

For those, it would be nearly impossible for Biden to convince them otherwise. They need to make that choice on their own.
    Bernie is an outsider. He is not a registered democrat but an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So Biden has to appeal to the independent center AND the progressive left, while also pealing off Trump voters. And Trump just needs his 35% base. I see.
    And there is no responsibility for the Bernie voters who know what a danger Trump is.
    Sorry, if Biden loses because of Bernie voters, it's on them, not Biden.
    And BTW, the current Dem Platform is the most progressive ever.
    Yeah, Perhaps Biden can have a better chance than Hillary. There are also conservative Democrats in the Party. Otherwise Senator Joe Manchin wouldn't be elected He needs to unite all the factions in the party Liberals, progressives, centrists, moderates and even conservatives who are not happy with Trump's policies

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Well, that's a mistake on your part.

If tension between progressives and liberals exists, we should all strive to choose our words carefully, shouldn't we?
    The take away that I got from that article is that most Sanders supporters voted for Hillary. The fact that the DNC isn't entitled to any of these votes, converting the majority should be cause for celebration.
    The people who voted for Trump, we never stood a chance to convert.
    ]
    Most Sanders supporters voted for Hillary, yes but not all of them. Hillary blamed Bernie for not doing enough to help her win the election. But Bernie is not the reason why she lost. There are voters who perceived her as being associated with corruption in Washington going back to 1993.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hill...st-2016-2020-1

Moreover, I agree that the Democrats never stood a chance to convert Trump's hard core supporters.

You are correct. Trump is already denying the Atlantic story. Too bad someone did not think to record Trump's voice as he made those comments. But even if Trump's words were recorded, some of his hard core supporters will refuse to believe the comments came straight from his mouth, as long as he is telling them what they want to hear.
    Even Fox News is now confirming with sources that Trump said these grotesque things.

When even they're saying, "Yes. Yes, that happened..."

Good luck, Cheeto Mussolini. Maybe you should try to invite the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11 in a week while they still have money to pay to stay at one of your hotels from the Russian bounties they collected on American soldiers.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Past that...

I heard on the radio that Bolton said that it never happened.

While there is an obvious scenario where you could explain that away, it doesn't really add up that a guy that is a completely "Mega Hawk..." as Bolton would have left something like this out of his book if Trump had said it.

He would be straight up leaving money on the table.
    Even if Bolton said Trump did say it, Trump's hard core supporters wouldn't believe him. Maybe some members of the military would believe him. Maybe if a word from General John Kelly or General Jim Mattis can confirm Trump's statements, a few more military service members will take the word of a marine general, even one who may have dishonored his service by joining the Trump administration.

If some unknown staffer reported that President Obama called those soldiers "losers" or "suckers", would the Democrats believe it right away?

Even if Bolton said Trump did say it, Trump's hard core supporters wouldn't believe him. Maybe some members of the military would believe him. Maybe if a word from General John Kelly or General Jim Mattis can confirm Trump's statements, a few more military service members will take the word of a marine general, even one who may have dishonored his service by joining the Trump administration.

If some unknown staffer reported that President Obama called those soldiers "losers" or "suckers", would the Democrats believe it right away?
    Separate issue.

I just have a tough time with the idea that Bolton would have had this information and decided he wasn't going to use it.

That I could completely see Trump saying it doesn't change the math that Bolton letting it slide doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-04-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Even Fox News is now confirming with sources that Trump said these grotesque things.

When even they're saying, "Yes. Yes, that happened..."

Good luck, Cheeto Mussolini. Maybe you should try to invite the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11 in a week while they still have money to pay to stay at one of your hotels from the Russian bounties they collected on American soldiers.
    So now, Fox is somehow credible?

Come on.

I can take everyone except them for what it's worth, but that they come down on the same side doesn't somehow make a network that is at best sketchy anything but.