Page 631 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13153158162162762862963063163263363463564168173111311631 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So now, Fox is somehow credible?

Come on.

I can take everyone except them for what it's worth, but that they come down on the same side doesn't somehow make a network that is at best sketchy anything but.
    The point is that even Trump's favorite propaganda netork is saying that the Atlantic Article is valid. Which means that Trump can't keep trying to deny it, he has nowhere to turn to support his lies.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Come on.

I can take everyone except them for what it's worth, but that they come down on the same side doesn't somehow make a network that is at best sketchy anything but.
    When slinging shade against Trump? Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When slinging shade against Trump? Hell yes.
    At least this was good for a laugh.

Come on.

I can't even sometimes.

They're not credible. But Fox News are Trump's biggest cheerleaders.

Therefore, if EVEN THEY admit it happened, on top of ALL THE OTHER NEWS AGENCIES REPORTING IT...

IT HAPPENED.

Hope that explanation helps.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The point is that even Trump's favorite propaganda netork is saying that the Atlantic Article is valid. Which means that Trump can't keep trying to deny it, he has nowhere to turn to support his lies.
    OANN, maybe? Daily Caller? Breitbart?

Oh, maybe he'll just go to Stormfront, while he's at it.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I can't even sometimes.

They're not credible. But Fox News are Trump's biggest cheerleaders.

Therefore, if EVEN THEY admit it happened, on top of ALL THE OTHER NEWS AGENCIES REPORTING IT...

IT HAPPENED.

Hope that explanation helps.
    If an outfit known to not be credible says it happened, that cements that it must have happened...

No. Since it makes no sense, that explanation doesn't really help.

Ultimate Member

If an outfit known to not be credible says it happened, that cements that it must have happened...

No. Since it makes no sense, that explanation doesn't really help.
    The credibility comes because they are saying something damaging about the man they often blindly support.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The credibility comes because they are saying something damaging about the man they often blindly support.
    Negative.

They don't have so much as a single person who will go on the record. They don't have any new information that would point to it being the case.

It makes right around "Zero..." sense to try to create a scenario where an outfit that only ever looks out for itself somehow magically became credible even though there is nothing even remotely factual to point to said credibility actually being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Bernie bros admit that trump is bad for the country and yet still refuse to support Biden. How can you not blame them?
    Pretty simple...

They are not the only path to a Biden win.

If you will ignore that reality because you are intent on focusing on "Blame..."?

You need to be honest with yourself about that you are creating a more difficult path to victory.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey WBE, I hope you have plans to cover Scott Fitzgerald, the Senate Majority Leader here in Wisconsin. This guy continues to be a piece of utter s**t and is screwing over the entire state.

The state Senate won’t take votes Monday on the special session bills introduced by Gov. Tony Evers following the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald announced Friday that his chamber would convene the special session, but his office later clarified that the move was procedural.

“It is just a skeletal session where the special session is gaveled in,” said Fitzgerald chief of staff Dan Romportl. “Senators do not need to be present, and no bills are being taken up.”

Evers has called several special sessions since becoming governor, but while he can use the power to call attention to issues, he can’t force lawmakers to act.

A written statement from Fitzgerald indicated that Senators would consider a package of police accountability bills introduced by Evers, but Fitzgerald gave no indication they would ever vote on them.

Fitzgerald also indicated that Senators would consider other bills that are far different from what Evers proposed.

“I would also like to see legislation developed that creates enhanced penalties for violence perpetrated against police, firefighters, and EMT’s,” Fitzgerald said. “The riots in Kenosha and Madison this week further demonstrated that first responders are performing their public service duties at great risk to their personal safety.”

Fitzgerald also voiced support for a package of bills authored by Sen. Van Wanggaard, R-Racine, a retired police officer. Wanggaard’s proposals include one that would restrict when police can use choke holds and another that would change how the government collects data about the use of force by police.

They also include a bill that would cut state aid to cities that reduce their police budgets, undercutting one of the top priorities of the Black Lives Matter movement in the months after the death of George Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Representation is kind of a big deal in a representative democracy.

The people that you are describing obviously feel unheard and unsatisfied. Whether or not that is warranted or justified, your mileage will vary.
    They didn't want nor create the effective duopoly of both parties, and we can't assume that they are unreasonable for not wanting to participate.
    Nobody owes us any votes.

We have to persuade them, if possible, with the expectation that we won't win them all over.
    Vote shaming won't do this.
    I would've expected common sense to come into play at some point.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Pretty simple...

They are not the only path to a Biden win.
    I'm not a professional strategist, but given the headlines right now, maybe ignoring stubborn ass "Bernie Bros" pretending to be progressives when you can snatch the traditionally Republican military/veteran vote right out from under Trump after he's been quoted calling them "losers" and "suckers" and been s***ty to them for the past 3-5 years would seem like the smarter use of effort.

Then again, some folks just want to keep trying to skate uphill and beat a dead horse and pretend to be "ignored" when they're not progressive anyway.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-04-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hey WBE, I hope you have plans to cover Scott Fitzgerald, the Senate Majority Leader here in Wisconsin. This guy continues to be a piece of utter s**t and is screwing over the entire state.
    Totally in the queue.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Speeeeeeaking of which, why not cover Sen. Van Wanggaard while you're at it. Besides those bad bills, he's also a piece of work.

KELLY: And - but let me just cut in 'cause I do want to get to some of the reforms I know you would like to see unfold here. But to those who say, look; there should be some urgency here. This has been on the table - these reforms that the governor wants you to consider - for a couple of months. To those who say Republicans are not showing up or trying to slow-walk this, you say what?

WANGGAARD: I say that's not true because we've had both sides of the aisle involved in these pieces of legislation. Sometimes you don't get a piece of legislation through in two days or two weeks or two months. Sometimes it takes years.

KELLY: But just again, the Democrats are there on the floor. They showed up. They're ready to debate. Why not show up and do the same?

WANGGAARD: Well, because most of the bills that they've brought forward are bills that we've already been working on to begin with and we've made adjustments to already. But they're not - they haven't passed through the process yet and gone to all the stakeholders. The bills I've brought forward that have been our B numbers now that have been released - those will be circulated for co-sponsorships probably in this next week.
    KELLY: Before I let you go, President Trump is scheduled to visit Kenosha. He says he's going to meet with law enforcement. The mayor of Kenosha and the governor have asked him not to come. Should he?

WANGGAARD: Well, he's in a position - if he doesn't come, they're going to be saying he should have come. And if he does come, they're going to say, geez, what are you coming for? I am of the opinion that I am impressed that he would make the choice to come. I think he should.

KELLY: You don't worry that it will further inflame an already...

WANGGAARD: No.

KELLY: ...Super-difficult situation.

And then there's this "shut up and dribble" remark.

Democrats have their own set of proposals, which is the basis of Governor Tony Evers' call for the special session. That package of bills includes the creation of a statewide use of force standard.

One of the bills would require the Wisconsin Department of Justice to release an annual report on use of force in the state. Another would ban the use of chokeholds while another would ban the use of no-knock warrants, something protesters in Madison have specifically demanded after police in Louisville shot and killed Breonna Taylor during such a raid.

"They want to eliminate no-knock search warrants. Well that's not going anywhere," Wanggaard said. "You still have to have the ability for law enforcement to do their no-knock search warrants because these are in the most dangerous situations."

Wanggaard said the process of meeting in the middle on the two sets of bills was only made harder by the Milwaukee Bucks publicly calling on the legislature to address police reform.

"It gets a little irritating when I have people that should be playing basketball and football and sticking to their area of expertise," Wanggaard said. "Instead of jumping in and trying to push the envelope when they have no idea what's going on."

Oh, here's him writing an opinion piece saying that waiting periods for guns are no longer needed. Because of course.

Because of course as well, he was in favor of keeping the Wisconsin primary election and special election going back in April during the pandemic.

And one last bit for the road, early in June, Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (very much worth profiling as well) made some racist comments regarding immigrants and COVID-19, Wanggaard rushed to his defense with his own BS.

Sen. Van Wanggaard, R-Racine, thinks that the “outrage” expressed over Vos’ comment is merely a decoy to distract from how an Evers staffer secretly recorded a meeting.

“This is ridiculous. It’s nothing but a manufactured political outrage designed to distract from the fact Governor Evers has been secretly recording meetings,” Wanggaard said in a statement to The Journal Times. “I’m so sick of this ‘gotcha’ politics. If you look at any of the science, do a Google search, or watch the news, you’re going to see that recent immigrants are being hard hit by coronavirus for a variety of reasons, including culture…

“I don’t know why that would be controversial or racist,” Wanggaard continued. “This is only controversial because people are trying to fan the flames of racism and distract from Evers’s unethical Nixon-like behavior.”

So yeah, this guy is worth a look I feel WBE. Notice some other smaller stuff like wanting to reopen early and such, but this was the bigger things I noticed.