Page 632 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13253258262262862963063163263363463563664268273211321632 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Speeeeeeaking of which, why not cover Sen. Van Wanggaard while you're at it. Besides those bad bills, he's also a piece of work.

And then there's this "shut up and dribble" remark.

Oh, here's him writing an opinion piece saying that waiting periods for guns are no longer needed. Because of course.

Because of course as well, he was in favor of keeping the Wisconsin primary election and special election going back in April during the pandemic.

And one last bit for the road, early in June, Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (very much worth profiling as well) made some racist comments regarding immigrants and COVID-19, Wanggaard rushed to his defense with his own BS.

So yeah, this guy is worth a look I feel WBE. Notice some other smaller stuff like wanting to reopen early and such, but this was the bigger things I noticed.
    Back on Dec. 1st, before the Endgame truly began:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-Van-Wanggaard
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-04-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Back on Dec. 1st, before the dark times began:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-Van-Wanggaard
    Oh... my bad. Oh well, at least you got plenty of more stupid antics for his update profile later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm not a professional strategist, but given the headlines right now, maybe ignoring stubborn ass "Bernie Bros" pretending to be progressives when you can snatch the traditionally Republican military/veteran vote right out from under Trump after he's been quoted calling them "losers" and "suckers" and been s***ty to them for the past 3-5 years would seem like the smarter use of effort.

Then again, some folks just want to keep trying to skate uphill and beat a dead horse and pretend to be "ignored" when they're not progressive anyway.
    Still feels pretty focused on them(whoever "Them" is...) while trying to say they aren't a smart use of the effort.

This meme summarizes why the DNC are perpetual losers: They run away from the progressive policies that they need to energize progressives to chase a few mythical moderate Republicans.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    This meme summarizes why the DNC are perpetual losers: They run away from the progressive policies that they need to energize progressives to chase a few mythical moderate Republicans.

In this scenario, you can get both, you realize.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Every time Chicago does this, Illinois could have put that money towards unfunded pensions. Just a mind blowing amount of throwing money into the fireplace...

https://wgntv.com/news/city-approves...*police-abuse/

City approves over $6.5M to settle lawsuits alleging Chicago police abuse

Democrats are doing fine with progressives. Biden has the most progressive platform of any Dem Party nominee. If Bernie himself can't get the few hold outs to vote for Biden, why try?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Democrats are doing fine with progressives. Biden has the most progressive platform of any Dem Party nominee. If Bernie himself can't get the few hold outs to vote for Biden, why try?
    And he's still saying fracking has nothing to fear.

Add that to a more "Business As Usual..." Kennedy shown the door, and I wouldn't really assume that said sort of Democrat is "Doing Fine..." with progressives.

Well enough that it won't kneecap them?

Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden has the most progressive platform of any Dem Party nominee except Bernie Sanders.

If Biden is progressive, then why are Bernie's allies namely Mike Gravel not supporting Biden?

Mike Gravel Is the Anti–Joe Biden

Well, I wish Biden and the Democratic Party good luck in getting back control of the Senate and the White House as well as keeping the control of the House of Representatives. Maybe there will be a blue wave hopefully But I don't expect a blue tsunami.

Biden has the most progressive platform of any Dem Party nominee except Bernie Sanders.

If Biden is progressive, then why are Bernie's allies namely Mike Gravel not supporting Biden?

Well, I wish Biden and the Democratic Party good luck in getting back control of the Senate and the White House as well as keeping the control of the House of Representatives. Maybe there will be a blue wave hopefully But I don't expect a blue tsunami.
    Oh ye of little faith
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Gravel was never going to join whoever won the primaries that wasn't Bernie Sanders. It's like appealing to Tulsi, an utter waste of time.

Not that Biden hasn't done more than enough to get progressives win board. He's reached out but if they don't want that it's on them for not standing up against Trump when it matters.

Because Gravel is a 90 year old man who lost reelection (in a primary) a few years before I was born. He's not representative of anything really.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Gravel was never going to join whoever won the primaries that wasn't Bernie Sanders. It's like appealing to Tulsi, an utter waste of time.

Not that Biden hasn't done more than enough to get progressives win board.
    He's reached out but if they don't want that it's on them for not standing up against Trump when it matters.
    It's worth pointing out that someone doesn't get to decide what is "More Than Enough..." For Progressives.

Even more so when that supposed "More Than Enough..." means that something like the current fracking status quo stays in place largely unchanged.

Seriously? You're paying attention to Gravel?

Good god.

Mike who? Never heard. Don't care.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe