Page 634 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463063163263363463563663763864468473411341634 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The only reason the Supreme Court is in the sorry state it’s in is because the Dems assumed they would win in 2016 and didn’t fight to get Merrick Garland seated while Obama was still in office.
    Yes, their magical abiltiy to force the Republican senate to do its job is immeasurable. They just chose not to inflict it on them for Reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes, their magical abiltiy to force the Republican senate to do its job is immeasurable. They just chose not to inflict it on them for Reasons.
    You can't shame people who have none.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And he's still saying fracking has nothing to fear.
    In reality, Joe Biden wants to eliminate all new fracking permits.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You can't shame people who have none.
    People keep saying that the Republicans would have bowed if the Democrats had 'brought pressure to bear', but that's simply untrue. It's a complete misunderstanding of the moment and the modern republican party.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    This meme summarizes why the DNC are perpetual losers: They run away from the progressive policies that they need to energize progressives to chase a few mythical moderate Republicans.

They've won presidencies and congresses, against incredible odds because the GOP are at a constant advantage.

The Democrats are big tent party, they have to be because the progressives have neither the numbers or the power to equal the Republicans by themselves. The progressives aren't being ignored, they are being reached out to but first, they didn't win the primary and second, they're one part of the Democratic party not its entirety. Winning congress and the presidency requires getting as much votes as the Democrats can get, which means occasionally going outside the party to get them. Swing votes change elections, that's what they're going after. The progressives should be on board by now, anyhow - now the Democrats are expanding their support. They can't just focus on the progressives 24/7 and win. This is not something because the Democrats want to, many Dems would prefer to tell conservatives to take a hike but doing that is a privilege we don't have in national elections.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-05-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    In reality, Joe Biden wants to eliminate all new fracking permits.
    So, fracking has nothing to fear.

What you are saying is essentially "We're Just Going To Get Rid Of New Permits To Run A Slaughterhouse..."

Meat processing will just go on right around business as usual.

That's assuming that Biden actually sticks to anything like what he says he "Wants To Eliminate..."

Which doesn't feel like a safe assumption when you look at the platform versus what he is actually saying.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-05-2020 at 01:15 AM.

So, fracking has nothing to fear.

What you are saying is essentially "We're Just Going To Get Rid Of New Permits To Run A Slaughterhouse..."

Meat processing will just go on right around business as usual.
    You do realize that fracking fields do not last forever?

If you withdraw permits that were already granted under previous administrations, you are looking at years of expensive lawsuits and might in the end find out that it wasn't constitutional to do it and it was just a "pie in the sky" empty campaign promise.

If you stop giving out new permits, fracking will go away after a few years.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

You do realize that fracking fields do not last forever?

If you withdraw permits that were already granted under previous administrations, you are looking at years of expensive lawsuits and might in the end find out that it wasn't constitutional to do it and it was just a "pie in the sky" empty campaign promise.

If you stop giving out new permits, fracking will go away after a few years.
    Even one that is headed downhill can last for three-quarters of a single Presidential term.

I'm just not seeing the years you think that work in their advantage versus just being able to keep right on trucking. It's not like every single field is already on the downhill side.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The only reason the Supreme Court is in the sorry state it’s in is because the Dems assumed they would win in 2016 and didn’t fight to get Merrick Garland seated while Obama was still in office.
    wait whaaaaat

Hillary was right!

Even one that is headed downhill can last for three-quarters of a single Presidential term.

I'm just not seeing the years you think that work in their advantage versus just being able to keep right on trucking. It's not like every single field is already on the downhill side.
    Fact is you lied.

I I made my money fracking, I'd be very worried about a Biden presidency.

Hillary was right!

Fact is you lied.

From the man's own mouth...

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-says-...lected-1516793

Biden Says Fracking Jobs Won't Be 'on the Chopping Block' If He's Elected
    Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden has said, "Fracking is not going to be on the chopping block," if he's elected president, a statement which may rile left-leaning climate change activists and supporters of renewable energy.

An interviewer with Pennsylvanian ABC News affiliate WNEP, asked Biden, "We're losing a lot of jobs overseas, losing jobs to COVID-19, and if fracking is on the chopping block, how are you going to help these displaced workers?"

Biden responded, "Well, fracking is not going to be on the chopping block," Biden said. "Right now the president gives [an] advantage to companies that go overseas and invest overseas by reducing the taxes they have to pay on foreign profits. I'd double that tax and do that on day one."

Fact is you lied.

Plus, despite all the obvious drawbacks that there are to fracking, it has one enormous positive. The accelerated decline of coal owes a great deal to the fracking boom, despite what so called conservatives like to say.
    Dark does not mean deep.

On Fox News, ⁦
    @PeteButtigieg
    ⁩ is asked why he thinks Atlantic story on Trump is true.

Mayor Pete: Fox has confirmed some of the details itself!
    https://twitter.com/tweber/status/13...712553476?s=20

Hillary was right!

Probably a good time to point out that Donald Trump can find the ability to criticize American troops and call them "losers" and "suckers", he can hold any number of grudges to criticize perceived foes on Twitter...

And he has also yet to criticize Vladimir Putin's latest poisoning of an opposition foe. Or for putting bounties on U.S. troops. He still has never spoken ill of Vlad.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Probably a good time to point out that Donald Trump can find the ability to criticize American troops and call them "losers" and "suckers", he can hold any number of grudges to criticize perceived foes on Twitter...

And he has also yet to criticize Vladimir Putin's latest poisoning of an opposition foe. Or for putting bounties on U.S. troops. He still has never spoken ill of Vlad.
    Meanwhile, Angela Merkel may very well have saved that man's life.