Page 636 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663263363463563663763863964064668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They've won presidencies and congresses, against incredible odds because the GOP are at a constant advantage.
    The GOP won the popular vote for President once in the last 30 years. The won the Presidentcy through voter suppression and fraud. They won Congress through that and gerrymandering. The held the Senate with a minority of votes due to more small States being Red.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The true leader of the free world does it again.
    If only she headed a better party! I'm worried that people will vote for the CDU next year because they like Merkel (who is retiring) and put a Trump-lite like character like Friedrich Merz in power who has neither Merkel's integrity, nor her smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The Establishment probably fixed the primary election results to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination. Forget the botched Iowa Caucus. Overwhelming numbers for Biden... yeah, Biden won 46 contests and his popular vote was twice that of Bernie's.
    Is there anyone serious making this allegation about a conspiracy that would involve hundreds, and make Fox News hosts/ agents of the Bill Barr justice department cream their pants if anything comes out? Has Bernie Sanders like he believes the election was stolen?

What's the problem with the alternative explanation: the Sanders campaign strategy was about how to win a crowded primary. They narrowly won Iowa and New Hampshire. They did well in the Nevada Caucuses. And then Biden won when primaries had black voters, leading to competitors in his lane (Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Bloomberg) dropping out and endorsing him, and the Sanders campaign had no strategy for an extended one on one fight, which is typically what the Democratic primary comes down to (Clinton VS Obama in 2008; Clinton VS Sanders in 2016.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The GOP won the popular vote for President once in the last 30 years. The won the Presidentcy through voter suppression and fraud. They won Congress through that and gerrymandering. The held the Senate with a minority of votes due to more small States being Red.
    You exaggerate, but this doesn't mean they'll be out of power.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Black voters broke for Biden in overwhelming numbers, largely due to his association with Obama, and the fact that he never tried to distance himself from the man when so many others were.

This is in addition to Bernie no longer being the only alternative like he was on 2016 - that served to inflate his numbers last election.

Both of those are more probable than a conspiracy theory.
    Another factor is that Biden does seem to be a more popular politician than Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You can't shame people who have none.
    Shame does not work as a political strategy to get a Senate controlled by the other party to flip control of the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    In reality, Joe Biden wants to eliminate all new fracking permits.
    Joe Biden says a lot of stuff about fracking.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202008260066
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

New Biden Ad: Mr. President, if you don’t respect our troops, you can’t lead them.

I heard that Trump supporters are rally upset with it. Good.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Very good points here. During Jim Crow and segregation the South was skewed to exclude all minority and most poor white votes in favor of Democrats (the "Dixie-crats") and that flipped to the GOP after Reagan, but was essentially the same rigged system.

The changes happening now though is that more liberal populations are moving in larger numbers to the cities of these conservative states so fissures are forming in the barriers to voters and the voter suppression by parties - especially Republican - has moved from covert gerrymandering to far more overt activity -like in 2018 when Georgia purged an estimated 107,000 people largely for not voting.

Is there anyone serious making this allegation about a conspiracy that would involve hundreds, and make Fox News hosts/ agents of the Bill Barr justice department cream their pants if anything comes out? Has Bernie Sanders like he believes the election was stolen?
    It seems like a more salient accusation for the 2016 race than now. The DNC certainly does promote more moderate politics nationally and will always have trouble with progressive movements that want to significantly change the economic system since that is the system that supports their campaign financing. On the whole though, it's also the system that the vast majority of the voters participate in.
    Last edited by A Small Talent For War; 09-05-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    New Biden Ad: Mr. President, if you don’t respect our troops, you can’t lead them.

I heard that Trump supporters are rally upset with it. Good.
    The thing that bothers me about this story. About Trump saying that. Is all the news I am watching keeps saying is it comes from unnamed anonymous sources. Unnamed people with first hand knowledge. If the people who claim that Trump said this are trying to hurt him go on record. Come forward. If you want to hurt him put your name out there so people can not dismiss this.

I believe he said this. I think it is very much something he did.

A great ad. I am glad Biden is using this and putting it out there instead of letting this pass.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing that bothers me about this story. About Trump saying that. Is all the news I am watching keeps saying is it comes from unnamed anonymous sources. Unnamed people with first hand knowledge. If the people who claim that Trump said this are trying to hurt him go on record. Come forward. If you want to hurt him put your name out there so people can not dismiss this.

A great ad. I am glad Biden is using this and putting it out there instead of letting this pass.
    Yeah, agreed. Too many people are staying silent when now is the time to have some courage and come forward.

Most of those people are in the military which adds an extra layer of complexity to this. You saw what happened to Alexander Vindman. Stepping froward may mean losing their military careers, so that is something they need to weigh carefully.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

When multiple news agencies confirm it from multiple sources, anonymous or not, it lends a lot of credibility.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

It's easier said than done, they may be people still working for the State office who don't want to lose their position, or it may be people who have left, who don't want it known that they've ousted their former boss, or it could even be a former high profile military personnel member, who has a set of rules about influencing a US election publicly.

At any rate, it continues to show that Trump has an underlining malignant personality disorder, narcissism for sure...possibly sociopathic, but that is harder to determine, but he has definitely appeared to have put his re-election desires ahead of the public good, and controlling the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    People keep saying that the Republicans would have bowed if the Democrats had 'brought pressure to bear', but that's simply untrue. It's a complete misunderstanding of the moment and the modern republican party.
    It's a deliberate misrepresentation. Anyone making that statement demonstrates they aren't worth wasting time on because they aren't willing to argue in good faith.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

When multiple news agencies confirm it from multiple sources, anonymous or not, it lends a lot of credibility.
    Babyblob did not say it wasn't credible, he was disappointed that people who witnessed this are not seizing this moment to come forward and be heroes.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Babyblob did not say it wasn't credible, he was disappointed that people who witnessed this are not seizing this moment to come forward and be heroes.
    You are right. I do think this is credible. But if people are so worried about what Trump will do to the country if he is reelected, if they are so worried about what he is doing now then maybe risking their career is a small price to pay. It would add weight to the story. it would be more then just talking heads on tv quoting random unnamed people.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-05-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Yes, that is how Germany is getting out of nuclear power. It's not fast, but it's the way it works.
    Unfortunately, Germany is also currently working on a major natural gas supply pipeline deal with Russia.
    Hopefully, Putin won't use that as leverage in future negotiations.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe