Page 638 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 13853858862863463563663763863964064164264868873811381638 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm inclined to think (e).
    My bet is on (d)
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Assuming that they are available to Schools and so on. The Government isn't buying them up to distribute, no one knows why they are buying them up. Schools and other places already had orders in for these tests, until the Trump Admin stpeeed in and took them all.

a) they are hoarding the tests to only be used Trump and his inner circle
    b) they are hoarding the tests, they will distribute them only to places where Trump is in need of a polling boost, as a way to buy off or bribe people to vote for him.
    c) they are hoarding them only to distribute to Trump's base.
    d) they are hoarding them as part of the new strategy to make as many Americans as possible sick with COVID-19, without testing or data collection, for 'herd immunity' and to try and change the subject away from COVID-19 for the election
    e) They will distribute them, but only at a time that makes Trump look good.
    I dont know what Trump you have been watching for the last four years. I mean the self proclaimed greatest president since Lincoln Would do no such thing. This kind of cynical viewpoint just does not fit the narrative of modern politics in the Republican party.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm inclined to think (e).
    Now would be the best time politically speaking. Anything later and when round 2 starts, he looks like more of a monster.

EDIT to add:

After doing some sleuthing, it appears these are the tests a bunch of states went in on together several weeks ago.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-05-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A metaphor for what could happen to Trump in November:

Boats participating in a Trump support parade sink in Texas, officials say

Despite that, I hope no one was hurt.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A metaphor for what could happen to Trump in November:

Boats participating in a Trump support parade sink in Texas, officials say

Despite that, I hope no one was hurt.
    Someone made a joke on Twitter about "Boater Suppression"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Clearly, I need to do more research into the deal. It's obviously more complicated than I thought.

Trump supposedly made these comments while standing with John Kelly at the grave of his son at Arlington. I'd think Kelly, who owes Trump nothing, would've been extraordinarily offended and would step up to confirm the story.
    General Kelly is still respecting the office, not the person who sits in it. He owes not Trump but the highest office of his nation.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing that bothers me about this story. About Trump saying that. Is all the news I am watching keeps saying is it comes from unnamed anonymous sources. Unnamed people with first hand knowledge. If the people who claim that Trump said this are trying to hurt him go on record. Come forward. If you want to hurt him put your name out there so people can not dismiss this.

I believe he said this. I think it is very much something he did.

A great ad. I am glad Biden is using this and putting it out there instead of letting this pass.
    Maybe the Congress should make the Secretary of Defense the commander-in-chief, so the president of the US will not have anything to do with the military.

By the way, the commander-in-chief of Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) is the Minister of Defense in peacetime. In wartime, the German Federal Chancellor becomes the commander-in-chief of Bundeswehr.

https://www.bundeswehr.de/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ence_ministers

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    According to Article 65a of the German Constitution (German: Grundgesetz), the Federal Minister of Defence is Commander-in-chief (German: Inhaber der Befehls- und Kommandogewalt) of the Bundeswehr, the German armed forces Article 115b decrees that in the state of defence, declared by the Bundestag with consent of the Bundesrat, the command in chief passes to the Federal Chancellor.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 09-05-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Someone made a joke on Twitter about "Boater Suppression"
    Heh! That’s funny!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm preferring the jokes comparing the Trump boat parade to the SS Minnow.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Maybe the Congress should make the Secretary of Defense the commander-in-chief, so the president of the US will not have anything to do with the military.

By the way, the commander-in-chief of Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) is the Minister of Defense in peacetime. In wartime, the German Federal Chancellor becomes the commander-in-chief of Bundeswehr.

https://www.bundeswehr.de/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ence_ministers
    I would like to see a sytem like that here. It keeps people with no military experience from persuring political agendas.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Since Article 2 of the Constitution clearly defines Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces as one of the President's duties, it would take a Constitutional Amendment to change that.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Since Article 2 of the Constitution clearly defines Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces as one of the President's duties, it would take a Constitutional Amendment to change that.
    Yep.

Unfortunately, the same thing that makes it an uphill battle changing something like the rights that the accused have make it a long shot that you could even have a chance at changing anything about that element of the Presidency.

The system works fine until a treasonous, imbecile becomes President and his own Party prefers his crimes and failures to their country.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The system works fine until a treasonous, imbecile becomes President and his own Party prefers his crimes and failures to their country.
    "Fine" is up for debate.

The same uphill battle that protects the rights of the accused also make the chances that we will ever have sensible gun laws fairly slim.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/polit...ing/index.html

Anita Hill vows to vote for Joe Biden and work with him on gender issues

Anita Hill never pictured herself voting for Joe Biden.

But given the political reality the nation is facing, she's not only going to vote for Biden -- she's also willing to work with him, should he become president.

"Notwithstanding all of his limitations in the past, and the mistakes that he made in the past, notwithstanding those -- at this point, between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, I think Joe Biden is the person who should be elected in November," Hill told CNN's Gloria Borger. But it's not just because he's running against Donald Trump, she adds. "Its more about the survivors of gender violence. That's really what it's about."

And if that means voting for and working with Joe Biden, then "so be it."