Page 650 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 15055060064064664764864965065165265365466070075011501650 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Laughing at the Russian troll farmers who spent all their workday today trying to make Trump's (meritless) Nobel Peace Prize nomination the top trend.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Bob Woodward just released very damning Tapes all over the interwebs.

In short: Trump knew, and people died.
    Today I read an article in the NYT, How a Massive Bomb Came Together in Beirut’s Port, that discussed how the corruption and dysfunction of the Lebanese government led to the Beiruit explosion.

Then I read the article in the Washington Post, Trump says he knew coronavirus was ‘deadly’ and worse than the flu while intentionally misleading Americans, and I saw a correlation between the two.

Corruption and dysfunction = destruction and the loss of many lives.

Doesn't matter which country you are in, if your government is corrupt and dysfunctional, everyone suffers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, let’s not make Woodward out to be a hero or a knight in shining armor. He sat on those tapes for seven months as thousands died from the virus. Unless I’m missing something and there’s a legitimate reason for that silence (other than to sell books), Woodward is just as complicit in those deaths in my mind as Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Of course Trump knew. Everyone knew. And everyone with any functioning brain cells knew the President of the United States knew.

Whether he knew or not was never the issue.

He actively mislead the people of the United States during a world wide health crisis. That is the issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, let’s not make Woodward out to be a hero or a knight in shining armor. He sat on those tapes for seven months as thousands died from the virus. Unless I’m missing something and there’s a legitimate reason for that silence (other than to sell books), Woodward is just as complicit in those deaths in my mind as Trump.
    Not hardly. As Joker said, everyone knew.

Release tapes early, and it fades into background noise. Like how it would vanish, like how Trump should have known China was lying, and God only knows how many different scandals between then and now.

Now it resonates louder. Now it matters more. Now it might have the impact to end this bullshit

Yeah, the timing of these "leaks" or whatever you want to call them is being coordinated for maximum impact.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

3 months at most, and there is no proof that releasing them sooner would have saved any lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    3 months at most, and there is no proof that releasing them sooner would have saved any lives.
    There may be some confusion about who said what and when.

This article suggests that the interview was in February, before any Coronavirus cases were confirmed in the US.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/bob-...-on-his-hands/

If that was the case, leaking the interview could have made a difference.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There may be some confusion about who said what and when.

This article suggests that the interview was in February, before any Coronavirus cases were confirmed in the US.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/bob-...-on-his-hands/

If that was the case, leaking the interview could have made a difference.
    The article I linked to suggested that Trump was still talking to Woodard as recently as July of this year. If Woodard had released the earlier tapes, Trump would have stopped talking.

I'm not going to suggest I know what was in Bob Woodward's mind at the time or justify his decision. That's why I want to see what he says when he is interviewed and I am pretty sure that he will be.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-09-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Timeline of the Coronavirus Pandemic and U.S. Response

Updated to include material from Bob Woodward's work.

Shoutout to Bob Woodward, he literally is the American Presidential version of Uatu, cept he rats out way more. I feel his administration book projects usually come out this time of year. State of Denial did, speaking of shoutout to me because I got through 2/3rds of my copy many years ago. Fuckin' Rumsfeld.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh f**k me. Vote him out folks, pleeeeeease!

BREAKING: President Trump announces additions to his list of potential SCOTUS nominees, including Sens. Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley https://t.co/wPlSAWEQkH

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Trump supporters always hung their hats on "Well no one knew how dangerous this was and you can't blame Donald Trump..." Today Bob Woodward DESTROYED that entire defense in what has been released. Gone is the defense that Donald Trump didn't know the dangers of this or anything back in February.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump supporters always hung their hats on "Well no one knew how dangerous this was and you can't blame Donald Trump..." Today Bob Woodward DESTROYED that entire defense in what has been released. Gone is the defense that Donald Trump didn't know the dangers of this or anything back in February.
    Bob Woodward is pretty good at calling out shitty, corrupt Presidents.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You know what. The Trump hardcore nuts wont believe this. Hate to keep bringing up my aunt but she is a hard core Trumper who talks to other hardcore Trumpers and they are all going on about how this guy is full of shit. Its all fake. I mena every new thing that comes out about Trump people keep going yes we now know he is full of shit and this will open people's eyes. The fact is we all knew he was full of shit. And this does not change the mind of anyone who hates Trump or anyone who loves Trump It really changes nothing.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-09-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.