Page 652 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 15255260264264864965065165265365465565666270275211521652 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 75153
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As Jon Stewart would do as he fans himself , "Well...I do declare this is one good day."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You know what. The Trump hardcore nuts wont believe this. Hate to keep bringing up my aunt but she is a hard core Trumper who talks to other hardcore Trumpers and they are all going on about how this guy is full of ****. Its all fake. I mena every new thing that comes out about Trump people keep going yes we now know he is full of **** and this will open people's eyes. The fact is we all knew he was full of ****. And this does not change the mind of anyone who hates Trump or anyone who loves Trump It really changes nothing.
    How does she reconcile the fact that there are recordings of Trump admitting he knew how bad it was?

Also worth noting- Trump also admitted to Woodward that he had a new secret nuclear weapons system built. Which existence is, presumably, supposed to be classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Of course Trump knew. Everyone knew. And everyone with any functioning brain cells knew the President of the United States knew.

Whether he knew or not was never the issue.

He actively mislead the people of the United States during a world wide health crisis. That is the issue.
    This.
    Trump had up-to-the-minute reports coming to him from multiple intelligence agencies as well as the WHO and CDC along with leading experts in communicable diseases.
    He had YEARS of previous models generated by people paid specifically to envision this exact scenario and formulate strategies on how to deal with it.
    I guarantee you that literally, within an hour of this being identified as a threat a report would've hit his desk.
    Instead, he chose to **** off to Mar a Lago to go golfing.
    Criminal. Incompetence.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ben-sasse...130008693.html

Ben Sasse wants to cancel popular elections for Senatqors. Now, gosh, why would he want to do that? Why would he want state legislatures to send Senators instead? Doesn't have something to do with how deeply gerrymandered state legisatures are in favor of the GOP, right?

Naaaaaaaaaw, couldn't be.

The GOP, going full tyranny of the minority. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Ben Sasse wants to cancel popular elections for Senatqors. Now, gosh, why would he want to do that? Why would he want state legislatures to send Senators instead? Doesn't have something to do with how deeply gerrymandered state legisatures are in favor of the GOP, right?

The state legislatures did elect and send Senators to Washington until the Seventeenth Amendment (Amendment XVII) to the United States Constitution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevent...s_Constitution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...tion_3:_Senate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's hilarious. For someone who's up for re-election we've not heard much from Lindsey Graham. Let the back-stabbing begin

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Trump Declares Himself “the No. 1 Environmental President”

He’s decided he’s the greatest environmentalist “since Teddy Roosevelt.”

His actions speak differently than his words.
    Exactly....this hits pretty close to home for me. I just read this in the Chicago Tribune this morning

Trump EPA guts tough standards for toxic metals dumped into US waterways by coal-fired power plants, including biggest polluter on Lake Michigan

Towering above Lake Michigan north of the Wisconsin border, the Oak Creek coal-fired power plant is one of the largest sources of toxic metals dumped into American waterways.

Only six other power plants nationwide released more arsenic, lead, mercury and other metals into lakes and rivers last year, according to a Chicago Tribune analysis of federal records. On the shores of Lake Michigan, no other polluter comes close.
    By now the coal plant’s owner should have dramatically reduced its pollution. In 2015, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency adopted stringent limits on metals that stick around in the environment and become more dangerous as they move up the food chain.

But President Donald Trump’s political appointees stalled the regulations soon after taking office in 2017, and last week they gutted the Obama-era standards for Oak Creek and other fossil fuel plants. The Trump EPA’s alternative fails to require the most effective treatment methods, pushes back deadlines and exempts many power plants from doing anything at all.
    And of course, it these higher standards were done during the Obama administration.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm reading a book by the guy who wrote The Wire, where he spends a year with Baltimore detectives. In it, he constantly remarks that stupidity is the greatest ally of a detective. Criminals never seem to get that silence is their best friend
    Yes. Whenever I think of the Batman quote: "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot," I like to add, "...and really stupid, too."
    Watching television is not an activity.

The state legislatures did elect and send Senators to Washington until the Seventeenth Amendment (Amendment XVII) to the United States Constitution

Those Amendments are there for a reason.

I'm aware of the 17th amendment, yes. But the obviosu reason as to why he wants to get rid of it is because state legislatures favor republicans on account of gerrymandering.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-09-2020 at 11:14 PM.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1303772879260188673

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf told a former aide to stop providing intelligence assessments on Russia's interference in the U.S. and to begin reporting on Chinese and Iranian interference, a whistleblower complaint say

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, it's not like Miss Lindsey put a gun to Trump's head and forced him to talk to Woodward, the only thing needed was a microphone and it was off to the races. You'd think Graham would've known better than to have Trump, notorious for his loose lips, come within a hundred miles of Woodward who helped bring down Nixon for crissakes. Proof that criminals are not only a cowardly lot, they're stupid as **** too.

‘I Don’t Want To Scare People’: Trump Again Defends Downplaying COVID-19

More than 190,000 people in the U.S. have died from COVID-19, but the president argued that the number would’ve been far higher without his actions. Doesn't want to scare people? PLEASE! That bullshit came from the man who ranted and raved about Mexicans coming over the southern border to rape and kill, issuing dire warnings about blacks rumbling into the suburbs to threaten white women, and having authorized TV ads saying America's cities would become bloodsoaked pits of rioting and violence if Joe Biden becomes president. What a crock!

Cable News Hosts Rip Trump’s COVID-19 Lies: ‘Arguably Worst Cover-Up’ In U.S. History

Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow, Chris Cuomo, Joy Reid, Anderson Cooper, Chris Hayes and Nicolle Wallace excoriated the president over the revelations in Bob Woodward’s new book. Meanwhile....

Republicans Defend Trump After He Admitted Downplaying True Threat Of COVID-19

“It doesn’t bother me,” Sen. Kevin Cramer said of the president’s comments to Bob Woodward. “I don’t feel like he was ever lying to anybody.” Big surprise, right?

Kayleigh McEnany Says Trump ‘Never Lied’ About COVID-19 After Recordings Show He Lied

President Trump admitted to journalist Bob Woodward that he wanted to downplay the coronavirus threat. Baghdad Blondie just needs to stop.

Bob Woodward Defends Withholding Trump’s Coronavirus Comments For Months

The veteran journalist said that the president made the controversial comments in February and he needed time to be sure of their accuracy. Seven months to make sure? That's a sketchy excuse at best.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-10-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

It could be simple anti-Washington bias, as well as a belief that procedures in the past were better, and that the US House is supposed to be different from the Senate. Plenty of Republicans have argued about repealing direct election of Senators before, and I think they're wrong to give power to state legislators (who often tend to be political hacks) but it's not necessarily a matter of partisan advantage.

The composition of the Senate favors Republicans, and polls do currently suggest that the 2020 elections will go well for the Democrats, which will them more control during the next redistricting. So this might work out worse for the Republicans.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It could be simple anti-Washington bias, as well as a belief that procedures in the past were better, and that the US House is supposed to be different from the Senate. Plenty of Republicans have argued about repealing direct election of Senators before, and I think they're wrong to give power to state legislators (who often tend to be political hacks) but it's not necessarily a matter of partisan advantage.

The composition of the Senate favors Republicans, and polls do currently suggest that the 2020 elections will go well for the Democrats, which will them more control during the next redistricting. So this might work out worse for the Republicans.
    Yes, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that it would benefit his power and his party on the whole. The GOP has not, in fact, been all about locked in minority advantage for decades now, nope nope nope.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-10-2020 at 04:07 AM.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-d...-push-tourism/

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's administration announced Tuesday that it is using federal coronavirus relief funds to pay for a $5 million tourism ad campaign aimed at drawing people to the state. The move comes even as the state emerges as one of the nation's top hot spots for COVID-19 infections.

The 30-second spot, which premiered on Fox News alongside Noem's speech at the Republican National Convention last month, features the governor saying that "with our breathtaking landscapes and wide-open spaces, we're a place to safely explore." But the state currently ranks second in the country for new cases per capita over the last two weeks, with 439 new cases per 100,000 people.