Page 663 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 16356361365365966066166266366466566666767371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In the scenario, it was surprising when John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's former campaign chairman, strategizing for the Democrats, refused to concede a narrow electoral college loss.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/02/b...?smid=tw-share

I don't think he's doing this in order to help the Trump campaign's election lawyers strategize.
    Again mets, they were playing a what if game. Dems accuse Trump of stuff he actually does. Republicans accuse Biden of imaginary fiction.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Republicans: Meet me halfway!
    Democrats: *takes a step towards the Republican.*
    Republicans: *Takes a step backwards* Meet me halfway!

The story of American politics since Nixon...
    I'd blame Newt for the drastic increase there

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's hard to blame him when the Democrat sounds like this.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's hard to blame him when the Democrat sounds like this.
    That has nothing to do with what Cool Thatguy said. Just a drive by attack on Biden.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I blame the wealthy, racist Dixiecrats and Religious zealots who formed an alliance in the late ‘60s/early 70s that remains the core of the Republican Party to this day, and attempts to take over everything in the name of greed, hate and Right Wing Jesus. Newt was just a logical symptom of that concentrated corruption and vitriolic hatred. The CAUSE was the Southern Strategy and the public legitimization of the ‘Moral Majority’/Religious Right under Nixon, which metastasized under the puppet king, Reagan.

Gingrich was the first detectable tumor that couldn’t be ignored or denied. But he wasn’t the start of the Problems.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-13-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That has nothing to do with what Cool Thatguy said. Just a drive by attack on Biden.
    It has everything to do with it when you are trying to pin the blame on a Republican for pulling thing to the right when the reality is that the speech in that video sounds a lot like Donald Trump these last couple of weeks.

If you are going to stop things from being pulled to the right, you actually need to be pulling to the left.

Everyone uses that video to attack Biden. I lost count of how many times Fox news has played it. Is it possible that a man who has been in politics as long as Biden can change his views? He has stated that is not his proudest moment and I think he is trying to fix it. A good politician evolves with the times and will change his views to meet a crisis in the country. We can attack Biden for something he did 2 decades ago or we can focus on Trump who is doing real things to harm this country and people. Hell Trump at one time proudly called himself a Democrat. So you know people change.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone uses that video to attack Biden. I lost count of how many times Fox news has played it. Is it possible that a man who has been in politics as long as Biden can change his views? He has stated that is not his proudest moment and I think he is trying to fix it. A good politician evolves with the times and will change his views to meet a crisis in the country. We can attack Biden for something he did 2 decades ago or we can focus on Trump who is doing real things to harm this country and people. Hell Trump at one time proudly called himself a Democrat. So you know people change.
    Sure.

That said, we are talking about how things were pulled as far to the right as they have been.

Which has everything to do with that Democrats like the one in that video didn't sound like anyone was bending their arm to get them to shift to the right.

Never mind that you have to actually do the work of undoing the damage that your shift toward the right did once you finally manage to see that you were a part of how the problems were created.

You could just not be a part of creating them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It has everything to do with it when you are trying to pin the blame on a Republican for pulling thing to the right when the reality is that the speech in that video sounds a lot like Donald Trump these last couple of weeks.

If you are going to stop things from being pulled to the right, you actually need to be pulling to the left.
    No, Cool Thatguy was talking about how uncompromising the GOP has been for decades. Not about phony progressive purity tests for Biden

Thank you Babyblob. That's it exactly. We can't refuse to vote for Biden because of things he said twenty or thirty years ago. People are allowed to recognize their past mistakes and learn from them. Well, except for Trump, of course. He never seems to learn from his mistakes.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 09-13-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, Cool Thatguy was talking about how uncompromising the GOP has been for decades. Not about phony progressive purity tests for Biden
    How do you counter that?

Because I have my doubts about how effective being "Stupid"-lite has been in doing so.

Never mind that what he quoted pretty clearly has the Democrat taking a step toward the uncompromising Republican position you are describing.

Which is a seriously idiotic approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Thank you. That's it exactly. We can't refuse to vote for Biden because of things he said twenty or thirty years ago. People are allowed to recognize their past mistakes and learn from them. Well, except for Trump, of course. He never seems to learn from his mistakes.
    And finds all new ways to f*** even the simplest of things up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Thank you. That's it exactly. We can't refuse to vote for Biden because of things he said twenty or thirty years ago. People are allowed to recognize their past mistakes and learn from them. Well, except for Trump, of course. He never seems to learn from his mistakes.
    Who said anyone is doing that?

I can vote for Biden based on that he has been on the right side of some things(and managed to "Scooby"/"Shaggy" his way into being right on others...), and still be honest with myself about that he absolutely played a role in creating the mess that needs to be cleaned up now.

Never mind that folks have to deal with the consequences of those mistakes you are "Learning..." from.

No one gets time or a loved one back because you are finally getting a clue.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-13-2020 at 03:19 PM.

So apparently, according to Donald Trump and his supporters, it seems like Joe Biden has been president these last three years - but only for the failures. Of which, there have of course been a lot.
    Twitter Link

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The illustration I made was to show that The relationship between the Right and the Left in America is a psychologically abusive relationship. The Republican Party is ABSOLUTELY the abusive spouse, and the a Democratic Party are the beaten spouse who doesn’t call the cops and keeps making excuses and believing the Republicans when they promise they’ve changed for the better.

Democrats wrongly keep expecting Republicans to play fair and be honest, and are willing to compromise (see the War on Drugs, 9/11, and so on...), while Republicans have historically used that willingness to play fair to drag us all towards the right wing hellscape of Republican fantasy (see the War on Drugs, 9/11, and so on...), and then blame the left for the failure of right wing policies (See the War on Drugs, 9/11, and so on...). And the public eats it up, because the Republicans are so performatively ‘Christian’, and ‘Christian’ means ‘good’ to the uncritical and ignorant...

It would be nice to see a Democratic Party that refuses to give anymore ground, but even when they give ground in good faith (stupidly...), they are still to the left of the Republican ideal. And if they can get a foothold and enough clout (on a state and local level, as well as in Congress or the senate), we can work on pulling things leftward again. But we need to recognize that the Right has NO interest in genuine compromise (as evidenced by Mets’ many many many JAQ-off questions that serve no actual purpose other than as a potential gotcha moment so he can feel better about supporting The American Fascism Party, like when he ‘asked’ about whether Democrats would be willing to stop supporting women’s health issues in order to gain some other, unrelated thing that shouldn’t be a political football either...basically, Mets is a perfect illustration of my point, actually!) and should dig the hell in.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-13-2020 at 03:55 PM.