Page 679 of 951 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 14259
  1. #10171
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Trying to avoid a 10 page argument here that will end up in a reprimand, but as someone with honours degree in history....this really gets my goat, and is why I've come to despise the culture war.

    History should never be distorted for political agendas, because it undermines its credibility as a science.

    The 1619 project was not written by a historian, it was written by a politically motivated New York Times journalist, and has been thoroughly discredited by several liberal historians for omitting key data in historical facts.

    If implemented Donald Trump's patriotic history will be far worse than the 1619 project, not because its right or left wing, but because now the federal government will be omitting key historical facts.

    The narrative of history should be soley constructed on all the empirical evidence that has been gathered to paint the most accurate picture of the past possible, otherwise you mind as well just delete history departments from Universities across the US.
    I agree with this.

    History should be told as it is. Not from the perspective of winners or losers but just as it is so people can learn from it.

    The problem with US history is that it's been so distorted over time and has a very clearly white supremacist slant to it. Right now, there is a school in Texas that asked students to right essays about heroes and they included the murderous 17 year old Rittenhouse idiot. There are schools that are taking Helen Keller and other important female historical figures out of school books. And this isn't even taking into account the historical revisionism around the civil war not being about slavery.

    A good chunk of people didn't even know the Tulsa race riots even happened and more people don't even know about Jim Crow, one drop laws and economic redlining against black people.

    The 1619 project has the right ideas but the implementation is flawed. There is a need to highlight the contribution of minorities and females to the history of the US but it should be told in an entirely non-political manner.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-17-2020 at 11:08 PM.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  2. #10172
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,356

    Default

    16 Straight Hours Inside The Alternate Reality Of Pro-Trump TV Channel OAN

    This is what it’s like watching an entire day of Trump World’s answer to state television. Faux News on steroids.

    **********

    Trump’s New Campaign Strategy: Declare The Election Illegitimate

    More and more, the president claims the only way Democrats can win is by cheating – even as he seeks to delegitimize mail voting. More fear and loathing and lies, yo!

    **********

    FBI Director Confirms Russia Is Currently Meddling In The 2020 Election

    Christopher Wray’s testimony to Congress echoes the intelligence community’s warnings that Russia is trying to “denigrate” Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Hardly a revelation.

    ====================

    In coronavirus news:

    Biden Blasts Trump’s ‘Criminal’ Response To Coronavirus

    The 2020 Democratic nominee went after the president again and again during a CNN town hall over his “totally irresponsible” handling of COVID-19.

    **********

    William Barr Wildly Compares Coronavirus Safety Measures To Slavery

    In an absurd claim made on Wednesday, the attorney general compared coronavirus stay-at-home orders to centuries of anti-Black murder and sexual assault.

    **********

    Parents Knowingly Send Student Who Was Infected With COVID-19 To School

    Close to 30 teens in Attleboro, Massachusetts, will have to quarantine after the student attended classes despite getting a positive test result.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #10173
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Not enough melanin for the cops to be able to claim they ‘feared for their lives’ and get away with it.
    Could I maybe make a citizen's execution because I was afraid of catching a lethal dose of coronavirus from them?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  4. #10174
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree with this.

    History should be told as it is. Not from the perspective of winners or losers but just as it is so people can learn from it.

    The problem with US history is that it's been so distorted over time and has a very clearly white supremacist slant to it. Right now, there is a school in Texas that asked students to right essays about heroes and they included the murderous 17 year old Rittenhouse idiot. There are schools that are taking Helen Keller and other important female historical figures out of school books. And this isn't even taking into account the historical revisionism around the civil war not being about slavery.

    A good chunk of people didn't even know the Tulsa race riots even happened and more people don't even know about Jim Crow, one drop laws and economic redlining against black people.

    The 1619 project has the right ideas but the implementation is flawed. There is a need to highlight the contribution of minorities and females to the history of the US but it should be told in an entirely non-political manner.
    And the majority of Twitter is more upset Floyd is there and defended Rittenhouse. Listing all of the crimes by Floyd.

  5. #10175
    Ultimate Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And the majority of Twitter is more upset Floyd is there and defended Rittenhouse. Listing all of the crimes by Floyd.
    None of which, of course, means he deserved to be strangled to death by police, but hey, anything to excuse what is so that they don't have to confront it.

  6. #10176
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,794

    Default

    I actually worry about those people who will vote for Trump dispite everything for a lot fo reasons.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #10177
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    None of which, of course, means he deserved to be strangled to death by police, but hey, anything to excuse what is so that they don't have to confront it.
    They have also praised the teacher for allowing students to think for themselves.

    And scream they are doxxing the teacher and school. No compaliners are not doxing the school all of that is PUBLIC information by LAW. There is only so much that can be kept confidential.

    While the school district could NOT state the teacher's name. It was already out in the public before the district could say a word.

    While theya re screaming Floyd is not a hero Rittenhouse is nont either.

    It's one thing to defend your house or your business but to go cross state lines and protect something you don't have any link to is another.

  8. #10178
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And the majority of Twitter is more upset Floyd is there and defended Rittenhouse. Listing all of the crimes by Floyd.
    Did they also list that he had turned a new leaf and was volunteering to help people not make the mistakes he had made?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #10179
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,479
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  10. #10180
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They have also praised the teacher for allowing students to think for themselves.

    And scream they are doxxing the teacher and school. No compaliners are not doxing the school all of that is PUBLIC information by LAW. There is only so much that can be kept confidential.

    While the school district could NOT state the teacher's name. It was already out in the public before the district could say a word.

    While theya re screaming Floyd is not a hero Rittenhouse is nont either.

    It's one thing to defend your house or your business but to go cross state lines and protect something you don't have any link to is another.
    All those numbnuts blindly defending Rittenhouse choose to ignore that not so insignificant fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Karma is hard at work on idiots like this clown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #10181
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Did they also list that he had turned a new leaf and was volunteering to help people not make the mistakes he had made?
    NO.

    7 years this man stayed out of trouble and jail.

    Nor the fact the teacher misspelled Malcolm X and Gandhi's names. yet someone called Gandhi a racist.

    All those numbnuts blindly defending Rittenhouse choose to ignore that not so insignificant fact.
    Oh someone bought up the fact it was legal for him to have that gun at 17 until Wisconsin law.

    But still he went across state lines with a gun.

    And some said what are they going to do to the kids who list him as a hero-dox and harass them?

    Of course someone who have to make those papers public which I DOUBT the teacher would. Now a student's parent is another story.

    I can see one doing that on purpose.

    I can also see someone doing that with Floyd. At least with Floyd-he was out of trouble for 7 years and actual did stuff that has been documented. yet like with Trayvon whose Twitter talked about his desire to be a pilot-doesn't get talked about.

  12. #10182
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,342

    Default

    Trump to ban WeChat and TikTok in US.

    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6b9795b0f3c34

    Gotta love that small government GOP I’m I right?

  13. #10183
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump to ban WeChat and TikTok in US.

    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6b9795b0f3c34

    Gotta love that small government GOP I’m I right?
    Ah yes. This will certainly clicked with the youth vote.

  14. #10184
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump to ban WeChat and TikTok in US.

    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6b9795b0f3c34

    Gotta love that small government GOP I’m I right?
    I see the administration is still pushing the bullshit excuse for the ban being a security issue when we all know the REAL reason, that being TikTok users humiliated Trump in Tulsa, and President Snowflake wanted payback, which he appears to have gotten.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #10185
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And we ALL know this jackass wont take this as a sign from God that his preaching is poison.

    They never do...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •