Page 692 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 19259264268268868969069169269369469569670274279211921692 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

"She died. Thoughts and prayers.

We now have an opportunity to save this country for all red-blooded, white Americans. Join us and the president in ensuring we fill the seat with a conservative justice before it's too late!"

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I held a tiny shred of hope that honor still existed in American politics in spite of partisanship becoming the norm.

That hope died yesterday. I feel like such an empty husk, and this isn't hyperbole or me using some kind of metaphor; I have been feeling a hole in my gut for many hours that I'm probably going to need to talk to my therapist.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 09-19-2020 at 11:32 AM.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1307369897626939393

NEW: During a 1pm conference call of @SenateDems, aides say @SenSchumer told his colleagues: “Let me be clear: if Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans move forward with this, then nothing is off the table for next year. Nothing is off the table.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A tidbit for WBE's Collection from a MO Republican

Attachment 100750

Twitter Link
    Josh Hawley is just determined to make himself a hemorrhoid on this nation, and embarrass Missouri every step along the way.

Ultimate Member

Good. I'm willing to risk court packing at this rate

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Damn, go Schumer.

Honestly I know a lot of people who are depressed about this, but as someone pointed out to me Justice Ginsburg fought even while laying on her death bed. Rep Lewis and Rep. Cummings were the same, even Senator McCain in his own way fought. I say we do the same as them. Keeping fighting till we can't stand and then fight more.

About damn time.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

The beginning of Trump promoting violence against Journalists during this year's election. Not that he hasn't done it before.
    Trump is a soulless monster. When they day comes that he leaves the White House I don't know whether they should call an exterminator to delouse the place or call a priest to do an an exorcism.

Too late for the gloves to come off.

I will vote blue and fight to the end but the only thing that will end this is a historic turnout leading to a historic win for Biden.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There was a preacher in my town. He told everyone in his church in a mass email that god and all the little unborn babies are very happy at the News of RBG death. Now we can get a justice who will bring America back to god's law, We will have prayer in public school, America will go back to practicing the one true religion. The heathens, Muslims and Democrats had better beware because this is a sign from god things are changing in this country.

Sadly I know there are many who will beleive that.
    Been talking about this and being ignored for years, man. I watched my church - which taught and believed in the importance of being a community-focused church that provided charity and community service and believed in winning converts by living well and sharing the Good News when asked...become a church that preached temporal power, ‘wealth is a sign of God’s love and poverty is a sign of a fallen, sinful nature’, and ‘Jesus wants you to vote republican to save babies and teach filthy queers to accept AIDS as a judgement for their evil ways’ in the span of a decade. I watched the head pastor of the church turn my grandfather’s funeral into an altar call to bolster his clout in the community and threaten grieving family with hellfire if they didn’t ‘accept Jesus as their lord and savior and become washed in the blood’.

The reality of the ‘Christian’ supremacy movement in this country - always there, but worse since the GOP legitimized and co-opted the Moral Majority - makes people uncomfortable to talk about, because people in the west are born into a culture dominated by it, and thus still equate ‘Christian’ with ‘good’.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-19-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Damn, go Schumer.

Honestly I know a lot of people who are depressed about this, but as someone pointed out to me Justice Ginsburg fought even while laying on her death bed. Rep Lewis and Rep. Cummings were the same, even Senator McCain in his own way fought. I say we do the same as them. Keeping fighting till we can't stand and then fight more.
    But wouldn't it be great if we all didn't have to fight so fucking much all the fucking time?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Pretty words from Schumer. Im sick of pretty words. Let’s see some ACTION.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-19-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Been talking about this and being ignored for years, man. I watched my church - which taught and in the importance of being a community-focused church that provided charity and community service and believed in winning converts by living well and sharing the Good News when asked...become a church that preached temporal power, ‘wealth is a sign of God’s love and poverty is a sign of a fallen, sinful nature’, and ‘Jesus wants you to vote republican to save babies and teach filthy queers to accept AIDS as a judgement for their evil ways’ in the span of a decade. I watched the head pastor of the church turn my grandfather’s funeral into an altar call to bolster his clout in the community and threaten grieving family with hellfire if they didn’t ‘accept Jesus as their lord and savior and become washed in the blood’.

The reality of the ‘Christian’ supremacy movement in this country - always there, but worse since the GOP legitimized and co-opted the Moral Majority - makes people uncomfortable to talk about, because people in the west are born into a culture dominated by it, and this still equate ‘Christian’ with ‘good’.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.
    It is the most sickening thing to me. I am not religious but for someone to use religion which should be about love fellowship and bringing people together and twist it in such a way angers me. And that fact that it has been going on for years and the GOP not only sit back and let it happen but they encourage it and use these people to push their agenda and stay in power. I was going to post cut and paste the email but I didnt know if anyone really wanted to read it.
    I am just glad his church is only like 25 people and he has no real voice in the community.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-19-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It is the most sickening thing to me. I am not religious but for someone to use religion which should be about love fellowship and bringing people together and twist it in such a way angers me. And that fact that it has been going on for years and the GOP not only sit back and let it happen but they encourage it and use these people to push their agenda and stay in power. I was going to post cut and paste the email but I didnt know if anyone really wanted to read it.
    I am just glad his church is only like 25 people and he has no real voice in the community.
    I’ve been irreligious since I was 16 and my youth pastor assaulted me in the halls of the church and the church covered it up. I’ve been an atheist pretty much forever, though. I’ve never once felt a spark of ‘faith’ in anything divine, even as a small child. But I don’t hate Christians. My roomie is devout Lutheran, and we have great discussions about faith and religion. I don’t try to convert her, and vice versa. Christians aren’t the problem.

It’s the ‘Christians’ like those who vote GOP. Who spread lies and hatred in the name of their god. The ones who ghoulishly celebrate a death that clears a path to their long-sought subjugation others to their twisted version of the faith. They deserve no legitimacy. Theirs is not at ALL a real faith in Christ. It’s a justification for their evil, nothing more.

Anyway, I’d be curious to read that horrible email, personally. I like knowing what the enemy thinks. And make no mistake...people like that pastor ARE the enemy.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-19-2020 at 01:09 PM.