Page 72 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What is a more important question on immigration than what the limiting principle should be?
    Why you seem to think asking the same "loaded question" over and over again doesn't do anything but further reveal your hypocrisy.

"A loaded question or complex question is a question that contains a controversial assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).

Such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.

A common way out of this argument is not to answer the question, but to challenge the assumption behind the question. To use an earlier example, a good response to the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" would be "I have never beaten my wife" [or Democrats have never legislated for open borders and both Obama and Clinton increased border security].

This removes the ambiguity of the expected response, therefore nullifying the tactic.

However, the asker is likely to respond by accusing the one who answers of dodging the question."

Constantly trying to frame the argument within your own limited terms just proves you have absolutely no interest in addressing the obvious racism, sexism, homophobia, corruption and incompetence within the party you continually defend via transparent attempts at deflection.

-----
    "It’s because civility is a weapon to them. Conservatives never argue in good faith. They will lie to your face about anything and everything, and they have no problem coming across as hypocrites. It’s all about power by any means for them, and if they think they can bludgeon you into silence and acceptance of their rule with calls for “civility” they’ll do it in a heartbeat.

Never trust a conservative."

[–]Leftfielder303Virginia [score hidden] 5 hours ago

"Never trust a conservative.

If 2016 taught me anything it's this. After seeing the levels of hypocrisy from conservatives they went from a group I disagree with to a group I don't trust around my children."

[–]ting_bu_dong [score hidden] 5 hours ago

"They will lie to your face about anything and everything, and they have no problem coming across as hypocrites.

And, yet, we keep pointing out their hypocrisy for some reason. Like it matters.

No, the double standards aren't a mistake; they are the point."

[–]passnba2k [score hidden] 5 hours ago

Getting people riled up is the point. Like you said it doesn't help to point out their hypocrisy. We're talking about this story instead of the fact we're fastly approaching 100k dead from covid-19 along with 20% unemployed which will linger for some time to come."

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...obese_i_didnt/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-20-2020 at 01:31 AM.

I've thought about this a lot. I suspect they're worried that I'm right.
    Thats some Trump level narcissism right there. "It cant possibly be their pointing out my flaws, it has to be that I'm right"

You chat ridiculous garbage that irritates people, talk about the trees whilst ignoring the forest and barely even ackowledge that your party does some pretty awful ****. No mets, no one here thinks your right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats some Trump level narcissism right there. "It cant possibly be their pointing out my flaws, it has to be that I'm right"
    Ego over facts.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-20-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Biden Blasts Trump For Taking Hydroxy***********: ‘C’mon Man!’

The former vice president said he believed that Trump was setting a bad example for the country, given the risks posed by taking hydroxy***********. I wonder if Joe knows that Trump has a stake in the company that makes the stuff, thus his hawking it? Meanwhile....

Pence Isn’t Taking Hydroxy*********** But Wouldn’t ‘Begrudge’ Anyone Who Did

“I wouldn’t hesitate to take the counsel of my doctor,” the vice president said a day after President Trump said he was taking the unproved drug.

Trump Allies Recruiting ‘Pro-Trump’ Doctors To Prescribe Rapid Reopening

The Trump campaign communications director confirmed that an effort to recruit doctors to publicly support the president is underway. Recruiting quacks? Yeah, sounds right.

A Wave Of Radicalized Influencers Is Mainstreaming COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories

Why are so many Instagram stars spewing far-right falsehoods to their followers?

Ousted Designer Of Florida’s COVID-19 Dashboard Says She Was Asked To Censor Data

Rebekah Jones said she was dismissed after refusing to “manually change data” to present a favorable picture for the state’s efforts to reopen.

Nancy Pelosi Surprised Trump Is ‘So Sensitive’ About ‘Morbidly Obese’ Crack

The House speaker noted on MSNBC Tuesday that the president is “always talking about other people’s weight.” Surprised, Nan? Suuuuuuuuure you are. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Biden Blasts Trump For Taking Hydroxy***********: ‘C’mon Man!’

The former vice president said he believed that Trump was setting a bad example for the country, given the risks posed by taking hydroxy***********. I wonder if Joe knows that Trump has a stake in the company that makes the stuff, thus his hawking it? Meanwhile....

Pence Isn’t Taking Hydroxy*********** But Wouldn’t ‘Begrudge’ Anyone Who Did

“I wouldn’t hesitate to take the counsel of my doctor,” the vice president said a day after President Trump said he was taking the unproved drug.

Trump Allies Recruiting ‘Pro-Trump’ Doctors To Prescribe Rapid Reopening

The Trump campaign communications director confirmed that an effort to recruit doctors to publicly support the president is underway. Recruiting quacks? Yeah, sounds right.

A Wave Of Radicalized Influencers Is Mainstreaming COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories

Why are so many Instagram stars spewing far-right falsehoods to their followers?

Ousted Designer Of Florida’s COVID-19 Dashboard Says She Was Asked To Censor Data

Rebekah Jones said she was dismissed after refusing to “manually change data” to present a favorable picture for the state’s efforts to reopen.

Nancy Pelosi Surprised Trump Is ‘So Sensitive’ About ‘Morbidly Obese’ Crack

The House speaker noted on MSNBC Tuesday that the president is “always talking about other people’s weight.” Surprised, Nan? Suuuuuuuuure you are. Heh!
    Being of African descent (and ask anyone from a similar background) I can say authoritatively that Trump is lying about using ***********. ***********’s side effects are so severe that even Sub-Saharan Countries like Nigeria have banned its sale in stores (despite malaria being one of the top causes of death in the country). It’s only used for the most severe cases of Malaria and even at that, it’s a very controlled dosage.

There’s no way a somewhat large 70+ year old man is using it and still giving press conferences. If Trump took a single dose of it, he’d be bed ridden for days in the least if he doesn’t even die from it (I mean, the drug does lower the heart rate).

This now begs the question, why exactly does the POTUS feel the need for the constant lying? Yes, he’s a compulsive liar, but why lie about something so obviously false and potentially very dangerous given the situation? And lastly what kind of person votes for a compulsive liar who’s pandemic response was so chaotic that it completely tanks the economy?
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-20-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This now begs the question, why exactly does the POTUS feel the need for the constant lying? Yes, he’s a compulsive liar, but why lie about something so obviously false and potentially very dangerous given the situation? And lastly what kind of person votes for a compulsive liar who’s pandemic response was so chaotic that it completely ranks the economy?
    After COVID 19 hit Trump went full Manchurian candidate IMO. It's unnerving how he's encouraging people to harm themselves, and openly sabotaging things like WHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    After COVID 19 hit Trump went full Manchurian candidate IMO. It's unnerving how he's encouraging people to harm themselves, and openly sabotaging things like WHO.
    When you don't give even half a **** about anyone like Caramel Caligula, it's quite easy to lie like a rug and **** over the whole world.

I've thought about this a lot. I suspect they're worried that I'm right.
    I'd laugh, but then I realize you still won't acknowledge the fact that white nationalists are welcome guests, White House Staff, and elected officials in your party, let alone show that it's something inherently wrong with that.

And that's why this isn't a comedy, and it's a tragedy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

What is the real reason Ted Kennedy opposed those bills?

Regarding costs, one problem is that costs are unlikely to go down when the government decides to take care of all that.

I will be glad to review any conflicting evidence on that question.
    22 studies agree: 'Medicare for All' saves money

22 studies mets, 22!

All of the studies, regardless of ideological orientation, showed that long-term cost savings were likely. Even the Mercatus Center, a right-wing think tank, recently found about $2 trillion in net savings over 10 years from a single-payer Medicare for All system. Most importantly, everyone in America would have high-quality health care coverage
    And the GOP solution? I am sure it includes tax cuts for the rich.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Being of African descent (and ask anyone from a similar background) I can say authoritatively that Trump is lying about using ***********. ***********’s side effects are so severe that even Sub-Saharan Countries like Nigeria have banned its sale in stores (despite malaria being one of the top causes of death in the country). It’s only used for the most severe cases of Malaria and even at that, it’s a very controlled dosage.

There’s no way a somewhat large 70+ year old man is using it and still giving press conferences. If Trump took a single dose of it, he’d be bed ridden for days in the least if he doesn’t even die from it (I mean, the drug does lower the heart rate).

This now begs the question, why exactly does the POTUS feel the need for the constant lying? Yes, he’s a compulsive liar, but why lie about something so obviously false and potentially very dangerous given the situation? And lastly what kind of person votes for a compulsive liar who’s pandemic response was so chaotic that it completely tanks the economy?
    Recently, my husband told me (reminded me) that years ago one of his doctors prescribed HCQ to him for reasons I won't go into. He tried taking it for a few days and ended up with severe leg pains. At which point he stopped, under his Doctor's supervision of course.

Bottom line, yes the drug is useful for some medical conditions, and it's useful for some people, but it's a potentially dangerous drug with potentially dangerous side-effects, and it's not for everyone. if Trump is taking this and hasn't had any side effects, I'd be surprised. The Doctor must have given it to him at such a low dose, it's practically a placebo.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

The same folks who think Ahmaud Arbery deserved to die for stuff in 2017.
    Same folks who said the same about Trayvon Martin.

Yet holding the-POTUS for his past transactions-is TREASON.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Recently, my husband told me (reminded me) that years ago one of his doctors prescribed HCQ to him for reasons I won't go into. He tried taking it for a few days and ended up with severe leg pains. At which point he stopped, under his Doctor's supervision of course.

Bottom line, yes the drug is useful for some medical conditions, and it's useful for some people, but it's a potentially dangerous drug with potentially dangerous side-effects, and it's not for everyone. if Trump is taking this and hasn't had any side effects, I'd be surprised. The Doctor must have given it to him at such a low dose, it's practically a placebo.
    Or, as others here have already speculated, Trump is flat out lying and hasn't taken the stuff.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

https://www.wthr.com/article/extreme...apid-reopening

Can we just stop and think about how Trump is focusing on reelection instead of doing his damn job that he's looking for quacks to mislead people on TV and they're actually being honest about it?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Can we just stop and think about how Trump is focusing on reelection instead of doing his damn job that he's looking for quacks to mislead people on TV and they're actually being honest about it?
    I heard about that. Any Doctor that advocates medical misinformation that leads to increases in deaths, should have their licenses revoked by the AMA. Assuming that they are real Doctors to begin with.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

What worries me is that there are doctors out there eager and willing to **** on the Hippocratic Oath just so they can suck up to Drano Don. Makes me wonder if Republicans would go through all that trouble for Dubya, Bush Senior or even Saint Ronnie Reagan.