Page 721 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 22162167171171771871972072172272372472573177182112211721 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And corrupt. So corrupt. Campaign finance violation.
    But let's see the gymnastics done to defend this.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I've been reading some very scary stuff about the election.

Basically the state legislatures can appoint electors if the elections aren't viewed as free and fair by state officials. The US doesn't really have an electoral commission that acts as an umpire and most of the swing states are Republican dominated states. This could mean that in a state like Florida, the state could appoint electors to vote for Trump unless there's a clear and wide margin between himself and Biden. There's a very strong possibility this election could be decided by the Supreme Court and we already know its dominated by conservative judges and will repeat what happened in 2000.

The point is, people really, really, really need to get out their vote in anyway they can. Whether it's physical or by mail because given the state of the GOP and Trump himself, it's going to get very, very ugly in November. The only way Trump leaves is if he's beaten by a wide margin...and that's a big if.
    I'm going to vote in person and to hell with the mail in ballots. People keep forgetting that you can vote early...been doing it for the past couple of elections. I keep thinking Trump will try and drag things out by contesting the mail in votes.

I know a lot of people here don't like him but Bill Maher was spot on tonight with his summing up

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm going to vote in person and to hell with the mail in ballots. People keep forgetting that you can vote early...been doing it for the past couple of elections. I keep thinking Trump will try and drag things out by contesting the mail in votes.

I know a lot of people here don't like him but Bill Maher was spot on tonight with his summing up

That's almost exactly the sort of garbage that I expect out of that guy.

Blame the voters while you completely ignore that HRC running a unity ticket with Sanders would probably have won where a ticket where she managed to pick someone that brought right around "Nothing..." to the table did not win.

Everything is "End Of The World..." important until you have to put someone who might not be "Business As Usual..." on the ticket.

"Is all Of This Stuff Important Enough That Sanders Will Be On The Ticket?..."

"Uh, Let's Not Get Carried Away..."
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-25-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's almost exactly the sort of garbage that I expect out of that guy.

Blame the voters while you completely ignore that HRC running a unity ticket with Sanders would probably have won where a ticket where she managed to pick someone that brought right around "Nothing..." to the table did not win.

Everything is "End Of The World..." important until you have to put someone who might not be "Business As Usual..." on the ticket.

"Is all Of This Stuff Important Enough That Sanders Will Be On The Ticket?..."

"Uh, Let's Not Get Carried Away..."
    Don't you get it yet? You're never going to get your magical perfect candidate. You're going to always have a choice between a candidate you agree with 55-60% of the time and a candidate you agree with 5-10% of the time. I mean unless you actually do the hard work of building a viable third party from the ground up. But come on. We all know that's not happening.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Agreed 100% with Maher here.

The “both sides are just as bad” and the “undecided” group are really a problem. I heard that nonsense a lot in 2016 and it’s pretty annoying because the stakes here are clear and Maher outlined it perfectly. That ridiculous both sides nonsense has gotten the country into a mess that’s going to have very,very far reaching consequences. Even today, I’m still debating some ex-Bernie supporters to vote Biden because of the stakes and thankfully a lot of them have come round to see reason.

What Republicans are doing is re-shaping the US for possibly generations and are determined to roll back a lot of progress that’s been made socially and economically. No matter what anyone says, they’re focused on this and because they have the power, nothing anyone says will stop them. It’s clear as day and that’s why anyone with a working brain should get out their vote for Biden. It’s no longer a case of just voting for the President, this is literally a vote for the future of the country. Trump supporters know this and that’s why the cruelty, scandal and general unseriousness of the President doesn’t bother them, they’re voting for what he represents.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-25-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Don't you get it yet? You're never going to get your magical perfect candidate. You're going to always have a choice between a candidate you agree with 55-60% of the time and a candidate you agree with 5-10% of the time. I mean unless you actually do the hard work of building a viable third party from the ground up. But come on. We all know that's not happening.
    "Don't You Get It?..." is a question better posed to the folks who managed to actually blow the last election because their vanity wouldn't let them run a unity ticket that actually would have stood a chance a winning.

Meanwhile?

Folks are trying to say that folks wanted Sanders at the top of the ticket(which is practically impossible to get out of that post...) so they don't actually have to deal with that a unity ticket likely could have created a different outcome.

As for "You're Going To Always...", that is based on the assumption that Democrats will always run "Business As Usual..." junk.

While that's likely? It ain't a certainty.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-25-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed 100% with Maher here.

The “both sides are just as bad” and the “undecided” group are really a problem. I heard that nonsense a lot in 2016 and it’s pretty annoying because the stakes here are clear and Maher outlined it perfectly. That ridiculous both sides nonsense has gotten the country into a mess that’s going to have very,very far reaching consequences. Even today, I’m still debating some ex-Bernie supporters to vote Biden because of the stakes and thankfully a lot of them have come round to see reason.

The vanity of "Both Sides" is absolutely what put Trump in a position to win.

People need to stop kidding themselves about this stuff.

Democrats could not believe that Latinos could vote for Trump instead of them.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality?

The guy did better with Latinos than Romney.

Misogyny is a powerful drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Misogyny is a powerful drug.
    On the one hand?

That is probably an aspect of what happened.

On the other hand?

I could probably go back and dig up that article about the younger Latino guy who was voting for Sanders because his grandmother was attracted to that Sanders was running on an optimistic "Working Class..." platform.

I wouldn't rule out that the latter was an issue in the same way that the former was.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Very disappointing to see Cece Winans on there. Her brother Bebe learned a hard lesson about covid-19.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Another deeply disturbed individual in a position of power. So scary. This is such a dark time for our country.
    Apparently, Caputo's mental state was literally caused by brain cancer.

Michael Caputo receives 'metastatic head and neck cancer' diagnosis

And in similar news: Right wing blogger and frequent FoxNews guest Dan Bongino, who likes to state that "liberalism is a cancer" is battling throat cancer.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

It's something that Democrats need to look out for.

Right now, Trump (for whatever reason) is polling better with minorities than recent GOP Presidential candidates. That's not to say that Democrats don't have a significant advantage in this area just that Trump has made slight in-roads into areas that didn't seem plausible before. And with very tight elections, these margins are absolutely critical.

Well...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/25/polit...lan/index.html

Trump unveils 'Platinum Plan' for Black Americans
    President Donald Trump unveiled a plan aimed at winning over Black Americans on Friday, less than two months before Election Day, largely expanding upon the existing economic-related initiatives the President established in his first term.

The proposals include prosecuting the Ku Klux Klan and Antifa as terrorist organizations, making Juneteenth a federal holiday and efforts to bolster Black economic prosperity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Very disappointing to see Cece Winans on there. Her brother Bebe learned a hard lesson about covid-19.
    She's a longtime bible thumper and was even a singer on the old Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker show. Evangelicals like her are one issue voters, and that issue is abortion, to hell with with 200,000 people having died due to Trump's hamfisted response to COVID-19. In their eyes, those are acceptable losses in the greater crusade to kill Roe v. Wade.

Pfft! Snake oil at best, a scam at worst to lure gullible blacks who should know better than to trust a racist conman who's practiced discrimination against blacks for decades. And he came out with this half-assed scheme a mere THIRTY-NINE DAYS before the election? PLEASE! Where was this so-called plan three years ago? Trump is desperate and trolling for votes, plain and simple. Give me a break!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    She's a longtime bible thumper and was even a singer on the old Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker show. Evangelicals like her are one issue voters, and that issue is abortion, to hell with with 200,000 people having died due to Trump's hamfisted response to COVID-19. In their eyes, those are acceptable losses in the greater crusade to kill Roe v. Wade.

Pfft! Snake oil at best, a scam at worst to lure gullible blacks who should know better than to trust a racist conman who's practiced discrimination against blacks for decades. And he came out with this half-assed scheme a mere THIRTY-NINE DAYS before the election? PLEASE! Where was this so-called plan three years ago? Trump is desperate and trolling for votes, plain and simple. Give me a break!
    Does anyone think he'll follow through if re elected? I think he'll act like it's a bill from one of his contractors and pay out nothing.
    Dark does not mean deep.