Page 746 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24664669673674274374474574674774874975075679684612461746 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From Mark Hamill via Twitter:

"That debate was the worst thing I've ever seen & I was in The Star Wars Holiday Special."
    Don't wrestle a pig, is the expression that best fits here.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    With the VP debates, Harris needs to be careful because Pence walks in with lower expectations than her. I think Pence is lightweight and not a good speaker basically, but he does have lower expectations going in than Harris does.
    Agreed. The Presidential debate was a complete travesty, and the moderator absolutely needs to have the ability to mute whichever candidate is NOT supposed to be speaking.... Trump was an aggressive, babbling, paranoid bully who was CLEARLY sniffling through post-nasal drip caused by coke or adderal, but that was to be expected, because Trump is barely above, as WestPhillyPunisher so eloquently put it, ‘an orangutan hellbent on throwing **** at the wall’. Trump being yacked out and trying to go after Hunter Biden for HIS addiction struggle was...just PEAK Trump, and one of many moments that drove me to drink...and I totally understood Biden’s frustration and visibly growing agitation.

The VP debate is on Harris to lose. She’s a good debater though, as seen in the Democratic primaries, so I’m not too worried. I don’t care for several things about Kamala Harris - like, I’ve been pretty clear on my stance, re: cops - but I’ll state this as plainly as I can: I intend to support the Biden/Harris ticket all the way to the Oval Office, and then hold their feet to the fire in terms of progress. I may not agree with them on everything, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that they will not be as actively harmful as Trump has been. I also intend to vote straight blue on the national level. This debate cemented the reality that we need to boot the right out of power for the foreseeable future, and we won’t get that by voting for Greg Bluecollar of the American Open Borders Party or Kelly Addsnsubtracts of the Green Earth Party or whoever from whatever other third party that has zero chance of getting anywhere. I may be a ‘far left loon’, but I’m not an idiot.

Whatever I may not like about, or agree with, in regards to Harris, there’s no question that she is a skilled speaker, and not the kind of woman to take **** from a guy who trembles at the thought of being alone with a woman who isn’t ‘Mother’.

And I absolutely respect that.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-30-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Trump can still win because the several battleground states are still in play.

The only states Biden has sizeable leads are in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Florida, North Carolina and Arizona are still very much in play.

Biden's lead in Michigan is sizeable but I'm not sure how stable it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Trump can still win because the several battleground states are still in play.

The only states Biden has sizeable leads are in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Florida, North Carolina and Arizona are still very much in play.

Biden's lead in Michigan is sizeable but I'm not sure how stable it is.
    Texas is at +3 Trump ... that makes it a battleground, FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My mail-in ballot for the election arrived today. I’ll fill it out tonight, I have off on Friday and will drop it off at City Hall which is one of the designated ballot drop off locations.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My mail-in ballot for the election arrived today. I’ll fill it out tonight, I have off on Friday and will drop it off at City Hall which is one of the designated ballot drop off locations.
    I'm expecting to get mine next week.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Texas is now down to +1.9 for Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...general/texas/
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Texas is at +3 Trump ... that makes it a battleground, FYI.
    Yes. Texas has been looking very tight but i can't see it turning blue just yet..

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes. Texas has been looking very tight but i can't see it turning blue just yet..
    Biden's ahead in Georgia now. Georgia! And not just in one poll, but the average of the last 5 polls taken.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Texas is now down to +1.9 for Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...general/texas/
    No bigger sign of the potential trouble Trump faces, even If he takes Texas the fact it's so close means money and time need to be spent there. That's money and time he's going to have to take away from other battlegrounds, because if Texas somehow turns Blue there's no believable scenario where Trump wins.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

I anticipate Trump has one October surprise and it done sort of vaccine. As long as Biden can stay ahead of it, he wins comfortably. He can have mediocre debates the rest of the way. Last night pretty much ended the “Biden is in decline he can’t take a debate”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Biden's ahead in Georgia now. Georgia! And not just in one poll, but the average of the last 5 polls taken.
    Glad to hear it, but personally, I'm gonna pretend like Trump is up in the polls until we get an official declaration in Nov.

Anyone know how long the counts may last?

I think after last night, no one has any expectations for the debates. People are expecting a shitshow now, so as long as Biden doesn't have an extreme gaffe they shouldn't effect him at all.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The polls in 2016 were more accurate than people say. They had Clinton winning 51 to 49% (which happened) and as far as the swing states that she lost, she was shown leading but within the margin of error. She ended up losing them by a few thousand votes.

I’m less concerned with the polling this time around and far more concerned with Trump and the GOP’s cheating and voter suppression. They know that’s the only way he wins. They’ve already done massive damage to the USPS which will be vital in this election. There will be fewer polling place and Trump has now ordered his Brown Shirts to go and intimidate voters.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I've always got my doubts about just how much this guy's work reflects the bigger picture, this was not promising...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/30/gop-...l-debate-.html
    This is the right wing spin. “Man, both guys were so crazy last night. Am I right?!?” The both sides argument.

No, only one guy on stage was an unhinged openly racists bully and it wasn’t Joe Biden.

I really hope Biden takes a week off and recovers from that insanity. It scares me that he’s pushing 80 and has to deal with that lunatic’s attacks.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-30-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    No, only one guy on stage was an unhinged openly racists bully and it wasn’t Joe Biden.
    Clearly you are talking Chris Wallace. because Fox News is saying Trump did great.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.