Page 769 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 26966971975976576676776876977077177277377981986912691769 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hannity on his show said that trump never called covid a hoax. And he didn't understand how Americans are not getting behind our president in this time of national crisis. And why is everyone getting trump for no mask when pelosi got a haircut and didn't wear one.

Jesus
    The cognitive dissonance is to the point that he didn't say things he said on national television that are recorded.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I don't have any sympathy for Trump. I have sympathy for lots of people who are going to be effed over if Trump kicks the bucket.

It's going to be absolutely chaotic as we head into an election, followed by what could be a lame duck term for Mike Pence, and how people are going to treat Trump's passing.
    Not to mention what his followers will do or who they will target.

Especially in terms of POC. You will have those who will blame Asians, Muslims, blacks and even Democrats.

What do y'all think?
    If that is all the Republicans have-they better hope he would win. If not, expect to see as many laws that will keep a Trump starter kit out of office.

There's an irony that Trump is believed to have gotten sick on Saturday when the White House had a maskless, not-socially-distanced, Rose Garden announcement that he picked Amy Coney Barrett as a Supreme Court Nominee. And all the people getting sick were at that event.

It's even more ironic that two of those confirmed positives are Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Thom Tillis, who are on the Senate Judiciary Committee...

They might not be well in ten days' time when the hearings they're supposed to sit on are supposed to start. And Mike Lee was maskless in a meeting with the rest of that committee. The hearings might not even happen because there's disucssion that the Senate should not convene in person for hearings until proper safety protocols are in place... all of DC is in a panic about the positive tests. People should be quarantined.

They literally may have, through their own ignorance, sabotaged stealing RBG's seat. They've jeopardized the process, if nothing else.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

My thoughts on the lack of sympathy from people on Trump getting sick:

"It's not just the misinformation or that his lack of response has led to over 200,000 deaths (which should be enough). It's because he has actively attacked Covid-19 precautions even as simple as wearing masks, even to Biden's face on the debate stage, and then he gets sick at a public gathering he insisted on having at the White House without them... the whole look of this is that this was a self-inflicted wound.

And much like when a Florida-Man shoots himself in the balls and we read about it in the paper, it's still a self-inflicted wound that inspires not sympathy, but that everyone who hears about it think you're a dumbass."

Is this Trump's biggest self own of his term?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is this Trump's biggest self own of his term?
    Only if he loses.

Let's not make a morality play out of Trump just yet. He still hasn't lost. One way or another either electorally or the other way, he has to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They literally may have, through their own ignorance, sabotaged stealing RBG's seat. They've jeopardized the process, if nothing else.
    Let's not underestimate Mitch "tough as mulep-ss" McConnell. What's to stop him from holding it on Zoom? Or fill the missing seats with other senators on the Sen. Judiciary Committee? Or put it on a direct floor vote bypassing the Judiciary hearings?

Short of Mitch coming down with it (and he's generally been wearing a mask and observing protocols, being evil more than stupid), I don't see this put to rest quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why should we have sympathy for a man who said "It is what it is", about 200,000 deaths.
    I don't. The Trumps are awful people and absolutely deserve this small amount of misfortune.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    We shouldn’t. Performative sympathy for the embodiment of the Seven Deadly Sins is pointless and we all know that sympathizers are just playing it up for White Knight status. No one loses sleep sobbing over a serial killer being put down, and no one is going to lose sleep if the guy whose corruption and incompetence - about...literally everything... - has caused so many deaths and so much suffering passes to the virus he mishandled, downplayed, and spread misinformation and lies about.
    It isn't that I have any particular sympathy for Trump, moreso just the generalized empathy I would have for any living person. And it's not that I would lose sleep sobbing over a serial killer dying, but I also wouldn't rejoice over it -- mostly because I would choose for there to be the greatest possible difference between me and that serial killer. I don't agree that any human being should be "put down" ... the reason to oppose capital punishment is not because the killer deserves it, but because by killing them, you weaken your own moral declaration that killing is wrong.

To look at it another way, ask yourself what you think Trump would do, if your positions were reversed? Then, do the opposite of that, because he's an evil asshole, and you shouldn't be like him.

Anyway, if he dies before the election there will be chaos all over the place, and if he recovers before election day, he will just go on about how harmless and not-deadly the virus turns out to be, probably helping his chances of re-election and increasing the danger of the pandemic for the rest of us, because his mindless followers would oppose safety precautions worst than they already have been.

So, our best-case scenario would be that he lives at least through election day, but remains sick/hospitalized, as it undermines what he's been saying all year about the virus, and would prevent his further campaigning.

It would be lovely if that happened, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

When Trump recovers, thanks to the round-the-clock efforts of an enormous medical staff who are dedicating all their efforts to this particular patient, he will probably say "See? I was right all along. COVID-19 is not any worse than the flu. Now we can all get on with our lives and ignore this nonsense about closing businesses and obstructing the economy." And that will be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Let's not underestimate Mitch "tough as mulep-ss" McConnell. What's to stop him from holding it on Zoom? Or fill the missing seats with other senators on the Sen. Judiciary Committee? Or put it on a direct floor vote bypassing the Judiciary hearings?
    Rules of the Senate are explicit. No remote voting. He was strong as mulepiss about that at the start of the session, can't change it now. As it is, without Tillis or Lee back in the Senate... the Judiciary Committee is now 10-10, and Barrett could not advance even out of that committee.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    When Trump recovers, thanks to the round-the-clock efforts of an enormous medical staff who are dedicating all their efforts to this particular patient, he will probably say "See? I was right all along. COVID-19 is not any worse than the flu. Now we can all get on with our lives and ignore this nonsense about closing businesses and obstructing the economy." And that will be that.
    As the body count surges to over 210K...

Astonishing Member

Update on the President’s condition from his physician.

Trump also just tweeted he’s doing well.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-02-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Latest Republican Conspiracy theory is that Trump having Covid is a hoax perpetrated by Trump and is all part of his strategy. This was already a Looney Tunes cartoon. There are no words left for Republicans.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Brad Parscale is in hospital practicing Thanos before a mirror: “You could not deal with your failure. And where did that bring you, back to me”