Page 770 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 27067072076076676776876977077177277377478082087012701770 ... LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Rules of the Senate are explicit. No remote voting. He was strong as mulepiss about that at the start of the session, can't change it now. As it is, without Tillis or Lee back in the Senate... the Judiciary Committee is now 10-10, and Barrett could not advance even out of that committee.
    Then Lee and Tillis will show up for the vote.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Damn. More corners than usual must've been cut in safety precautions for their last few public events. Cause it's really piling up now. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of a few White House staff firings in the near future.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 10-02-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Damn. More corners than usual must've been cut in safety precautions for their last few public events. Cause it's really piling up now. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of a few White House staff firings in the near future.
    Hopefully it only ends in firings ... I do not want to see more people dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Sure, why not, the GOP doesn't care who lives or dies anyway.

I was talking to a friend who's a high school social studies teacher today and she said that while she doesn't wish death on Trump, she does hope he suffers enough from Covid to learn something, because he only seems to learn things when they effect him directly. So maybe if he feels what Chris Cuomo felt or what Ali Wentworth felt when they went through it, maybe he'll realize just how serious it is.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    When Trump recovers, thanks to the round-the-clock efforts of an enormous medical staff who are dedicating all their efforts to this particular patient, he will probably say "See? I was right all along. COVID-19 is not any worse than the flu. Now we can all get on with our lives and ignore this nonsense about closing businesses and obstructing the economy." And that will be that.
    They’ll most likely spin it as proof that COVID is no big deal and everyone should vote in person. He needs to be ahead on election night so he can claim the remaining mail in ballots yet to be counted are illegitimate. The right wing senior citizens who may have been hesitant to vote in person will then feel more comfortable about going to polling places.

When he wins then he’ll go on nonstop about how we need to open all businesses because COVID is no big deal as he easily recovered.

What’s worse he may thank his “good genetics” for his speedy recovery.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-02-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Sorry, but these assholes devalued the lives of every American for the last six months in favor of "the economy". They undermined the advice of public health officials, withheld vital information from the public, and flagrantly did everything you're not supposed to do during this health crisis. They're still trying to take health care away from Americans during a goddamn once-every-hundred-years pandemic. Now they are actively trying to disrupt our democracy because they know the people are fed the **** up with their bullshit. I don't give a **** about any of these people.

Maybe had they not done everything wrong for the last 6 months they themselves wouldn't now be in this position.

This is the epitome of this Administration, and the GOPs incompetence and complete disregard for the safety of the American people.

While i won't go so far as to outright wish death on anyone by name, I'm not going to pretend that they aren't getting everything they deserve. Trump stood on a stage, on national television on Tuesday and mocked Biden for wearing a mask, and now he's in the hospital with covid. Eat it, you morons!
    Last edited by Joker; 10-02-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Sorry, but these assholes devalued the lives of every American for the last six months in favor of "the economy". They undermined the advice of public health officials, withheld vital information from the public, and flagrantly did everything you're not supposed to do during this health crisis. They're still trying to take health care away from Americans during a goddamn once-every-hundred-years pandemic. Now they are actively trying to disrupt our democracy because they know the people are fed the **** up with their bullshit. I don't give a **** about any of these people.

Maybe had they not done everything wrong for the last 6 months they themselves wouldn't now be in this position.

This is the epitome of this Administration, and the GOPs incompetence and complete disregard for the safety of the American people.

While i won't go so far as to outright wish death on anyone by name, I'm not going to pretend that they aren't getting everything they deserve. Trump stood on a stage, on national television on Tuesday and mocked Biden for wearing a mask, and now he's in the hospital with covid. Eat it, you morons!
    I will.

As a friend said, “If a witch I am, then an old school witch I’ll be. Not one of these crunchy granola eaters...no. Nature is long in tooth and claw, and righteous retribution is a blessing. A pox on the heads of those who would harm me or mine. We CHEER when the king who despoils the land, demeans us, and tries to deny our inherent value falls to the plague he thought himself above. This is old world, pagan-style justice...and its delightful.”
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-03-2020 at 12:07 AM.

I just mean on here. I was warned once. I respect the house rules.

Oh, for sure. I getcha.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mysterious Ways:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    LOL. Seriously, as if the GOP didn't look ghoulish enough announcing they were replacing RBG the literal hour after she died?

Now they're gonna send people infected with a deadly disease into the Senate to potentially kill a bunch of other old-as-dirt senators.

"C'mon guys, we have to die for the cause of overturning the ACA and denying women their bodily autonomy!"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Mysterious Ways:

They probably see it as punishment from God for not doing enough to rip those rights away from them. Prosperity Jesus wanted them to have RBG's replacement already sitting on the court before her funeral.

Much the same way that they can pretend the Bible is 100% literal but not apply that standard to the line about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven.

They make the scriptures and evidence fit thier views rather than the other way around.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hillary was right!