Page 782 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 28268273277277877978078178278378478578679283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I can't remember his name but one of the guys in Trump's campaign was on Meet The Press and This Week today going on about how Trump went out there and took the virus "head on" and how Trump didn't hide in the basement or upstairs.
    What about his wife, did she also have to take it "head on" as well, or for that matter his donors, his republcian colleagues in the senate, his Secret Service (who are dedicated to selflessly protecting his life at risk of their own, and who Trump has endangered), and potentially Trump's own children?

This guy failed not only to keep himself safe but his own family safe, his friends safe, his party safe.

Taking a virus "head on" isn't how epidemiology works. Even zombie movies got that right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I doubt Trump is going to jump back into the saddle right away. But for the optics I'm sure he will probably try. He's too old and it's not like he was in good physical shape prior to becoming ill. His only exercise size is golf and like most overweight, elderly golfers he rides in a cart most of the time...even on the greens! That is a big breach of the rules of the game on any other course but Trump's. The fact that it's been revealed that he had two drops in oxygen levels is cause for concern.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I doubt Trump is going to jump back into the saddle right away. But for the optics I'm sure he will probably try. He's too old and it's not like he was in good physical shape prior to becoming ill. His only exercise size is golf and like most overweight, elderly golfers he rides in a cart most of the time...even on the greens! That is a big breach of the rules of the game on any other course but Trump's. The fact that it's been revealed that he had two drops in oxygen levels is cause for concern.
    I am honestly not sure how to feel.

Obviously the doctors at Walter Reed which is dedicated to saving the lives of all POTUS democrat and republican will fight tooth and nail to keep him alive if only for the sake of their reputation and avoid a JFK situation of conspiracy-mongering.

So yeah, I think Trump will make it, but he's not going to be in the best shape going forward, the aftereffects of COVID will last for a while. He will have to quarantine for 2 weeks after convalescing.

Obviously he has a stage at the Reed suite to playact as POTUS and do photo-ops and staged video presentations
    (https://www.vox.com/2020/10/4/215010...-photos-staged). Apparently those photos of him released yesterday showing him at work, they are staged. Taken 10 mins apart, and he's clearly writing on blank paper as a prop. (Gotta admire the fact that the Reed suite has stationary consistent with what the POTUS uses).

This morning they announced he was on a steroid given to severe COVID cases;
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...rious-symptoms

But Trump's personal physician (his very own Nick Riviera) is obviously a quack. No way he's gonna be released as early as Monday as he claims.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    That is a bold statement. I wonder how Herman Cain would feel about it.
    It's not a "bold" statement. Cases outstrip deaths. Fact.

Herman Cain was not "most people". Herman Cain had a lot of underlying conditions, and was old. Those are two huge factors. Herman Cain also did not receive the same level of care the President of the United States would.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's not a "bold" statement. Cases outstrip deaths. Fact.

Herman Cain was not "most people". Herman Cain had a lot of underlying conditions, and was old. Those are two huge factors. Herman Cain also did not receive the same level of care the President of the United States would.
    It's a good thing Trump is young and healthy, then.

Seriously, Sars-Cov-2 keeps stumping the best of doctors. Nobody should feel that they can safely get it because they are guaranteed the best of care.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

) Worried—Trump’s new treatment with DEXAMETHASONE is serious. The WHO makes clear that dexamethasone is only for “patients with severe and critical #COVID19”!
    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...84552293785604
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

wait there's more:

1 in 4 chance of death: In UK RECOVERY trial of Dexamethasone—#COVID19 mortality rate in TREATMENT group (got dexamethasone) for patients needing O2 was 23.3% (vs. 26.2% in patients w/out dexamethasone).

Dexamethasone is not magic bullet.

Still ~1 in 4 risk of death

Hillary was right!

Yes. There are severe after-effects for many who have been declared free of the virus. The next time we see Trump give a speech longer than a minute or two, I would expect a lot of coughing and quite a few long pauses where he's trying to catch his breath.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    What about his wife, did she also have to take it "head on" as well, or for that matter his donors, his republcian colleagues in the senate, his Secret Service (who are dedicated to selflessly protecting his life at risk of their own, and who Trump has endangered), and potentially Trump's own children?

This guy failed not only to keep himself safe but his own family safe, his friends safe, his party safe.

Taking a virus "head on" isn't how epidemiology works. Even zombie movies got that right.
    Newsflash: Trump doesn’t give a fuck about his wife, his kids, his donors, his friends (provided he actually has any), the Secret Service, his followers, his party, N-O-B-O-D-Y. Trump is a remorseless sociopath who will sacrifice anyone and everyone to save his ass, the fact people haven’t figured that out by now is beyond incomprehensible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I never understood why the pledges would put up with this and just stop participating. I would never join an organization with those practices. I admit I don't understand college life....I worked during the day and attended classes at Purdue's extension in NW Indiana.
    I never pledged a fraternity in college and some people would ask me why. I told them that I didn't need a fraternity to make friends. I was able to do it on my own. Today, I would also say that I was bullied in elementary school, I was bullied in junior high school and I was bullied in high school. I certainly wasn't going to volunteer to be bullied in college by pledging a fraternity. All that said, I do have a few friends who pledged fraternities when they went to Cornell. They said that it was mainly to make connections for later in life. And it is true that all things being equal, an employer will be more likely to offer a job to someone who was in the same fraternity they were in, even if it was a chapter in a different school.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows rubs his head as U.S. Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley, the White House physician, speaks to the media about President Donald Trump's health.

He knows he’s going to get fired...
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-04-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows rubs his head as U.S. Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley, the White House physician, speaks to the media about President Donald Trump's health.

He knows he’s going to get fired...
    Why the long face:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ8K..._channel=AWERS

I wonder if Trump somewhere is having his own version of The view from halfway down.

BANNED

By the way, came across this on twitter feed:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/polit...gen/index.html

(CNN)Former presidential candidate Herman Cain is receiving oxygen and improving as he remains hospitalized for Covid-19, according to his Twitter account.

Cain "is still in the hospital being treated with oxygen for his lungs. In the meantime, the doctors say his other organs and systems are strong," his account tweeted in a thread on Monday. "Re-strengthening the lungs is a long and slow process, and the doctors want to be thorough about it."
    According to a subsequent tweet, "He really is getting better."
    That was Hermain Cain. Emphasis on the past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It's a good thing Trump is young and healthy, then.

Seriously, Sars-Cov-2 keeps stumping the best of doctors. Nobody should feel that they can safely get it because they are guaranteed the best of care.
    This is not what I'm saying. At all.

Or, well... I mean, it kind of is what I am saying?
    Last edited by Joker; 10-04-2020 at 11:25 AM.

There's word about the White House Staff having a bunch of people being ready to quit because of how Trump and those closest to him handled his infection. He knew he was sick as early as Wednesday and was still wandering around the residence without a mask, and off at fundraisers. But there are, per some rumors, disgruntled aides who have also become sick, or know people who have become sick because, and stop me if this sounds shocking... Trump just didn't give a f*** what happened to anyone else. And that NOBODY is thrilled with Mark Meadows, either, for leaking Trump's health condition being as severe as it is.

One article has an Occam's Razor explanation of Mark Meadows from former House Speaker John Boehner that amounts to, "He's an idiot. I have no idea what makes that guy tick."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-04-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.