Page 790 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 29069074078078678778878979079179279379480084089012901790 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Pence is uniquely vulnerable in that since he isn't sick, Dems can attack him with impunity without obeisance to the civility rule (though I think Trump's stunt yesterday violated the contract they made with the hypothetically humbled version it presumed). In fact I'm surprised there aren't negative ads directed to him.

OTOH, Pence walks in with lowered expectations and as the underdog to Harris, so that puts some pressure on her in terms of "don't choke against joke".
    I mean seriously I just don't think it is possible for Harris not not wipe the floor with Pence. There are literally no good excuses for this mishandling of COVID and the amount of deaths. Compounded with the fact that almost a year in the White House itself is actively dealing with being a Super Spreader. There is no comeback other than pivoting and not answering. It's a guaranteed win to pound him into the dirt right now about their denial of science and their massive disregard for public health and safety.

Given Pence wont be ranting and raving and looking crazy like Trump. But, there is no counterargument to be made for how the administration has failed us. And it ties into everything from the economy, to jobs, to failing to get more stimulus. Her strategy should make EVERYTHING be about their absolute incompetence.

To make it real to everyday America. I would get a story of countless Americans who were in ICu beds and couldn't get to see their loved ones as they died. Or had to have nurses hold up phones to facetime a goodbye. But we have a President who is so uncaring and moronic that he forces a caravan for a photo op to wave at people. Not caring about all the protocols that had to be altered and flat out violated for this diseased joyride. Its a visceral and completely relevant juxtaposing of how the haves and have nots deal with this pandemic.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-05-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Don't forget Pence's handling of AIDS, and why on earth someone who fucked that up as badly as he did was put in charge of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    she needs to absolutely destroy Pence.
    Needs to?

She will destroy him.

"You put a man that started, spread, and worsened an AIDs epidemic in his state in charge of the COVID-19 pandemic. How did you think that was going to end?"

It's already a talking point from her camp.

Don't forget Pence's handling of AIDS, and why on earth someone who fucked that up as badly as he did was put in charge of the pandemic.
    You beat me to it. And that is already a talking point she has been using.

There is the strongest possibility that we have had since FDR that either of the VPs will be taking over, so this debate is almost more crucial that any of the others.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-05-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Well with AIDS Pence hates gay people, and AIDS is treated by Republicans as a "gay disease" and was leaving them to die, COVID doesn't discriminate so it was hoped he wouldn't f--k up a straight people's disease. Turns out he did.

There's a Niemoller-esque poem waiting to be written

"First they gave syphillis to black people
    And I didn't care because I wasn't black and those people deserve it anyway
    When AIDS came, they left people to die
    And I didn't care because most of them were f----ts and I'm a loving straight ladies'man,
    Then COVID Came, and I'm on ventilator
    And nobody cared for me because I've been a piece of s--t all my life but also because nobody can visit me anyway"

I was more saying that to the board. I know her camp is aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well with AIDS Pence hates gay people, and AIDS is treated by Republicans as a "gay disease" and was leaving them to die, COVID doesn't discriminate so it was hoped he wouldn't f--k up a straight people's disease. Turns out he did.
    Was that the hope? The man doesn't believe in science.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"don't be afraid of Covid"

I am beyond speech.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

We have developed some great drugs that are not something they give to everyone, still experimental and financially out of reach for most Covid patients! Also we still want to take away your health care! Don't be afraid of Covid!

Be afraid of this administration.

On the other hand, I am thrilled they're letting him go back to the WH. I hope they just keep spreading this shit recklessly among themselves. Thumbs fucking up!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    "don't be afraid of Covid"

I am beyond speech.
    One of the most irresponsible things he’s ever said. What a complete asshole. 210,000 Americans dead and millions more at high risk due to underlying health conditions. What a soulless monster.

His cult will no doubt continue to ignore health recommendations and put everyone in danger.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-05-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Needs to?

She will destroy him.

"You put a man that started, spread, and worsened an AIDs epidemic in his state in charge of the COVID-19 pandemic. How did you think that was going to end?"

It's already a talking point from her camp.
    Sounds like Kamala’s sharpening her claws to carve up Pence like so much sushi. I hope she goes full medieval and empties the arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There is the strongest possibility that we have had since FDR that either of the VPs will be taking over, so this debate is almost more crucial that any of the others.
    That hadn’t occurred to me. Depending on who you talk to, Trump is teetering on the verge of going down from COVID, and Biden will be 80 halfway through his term if he wins, so heaven knows if he’ll make it to 2024. So yeah, the VP’s have to state the case that they’re ready to take over if needed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sounds like Kamala’s sharpening her claws to carve up Pence like so much sushi. I hope she goes full medieval and empties the arsenal..
    How many VP debates are there anyways? Wonder if there's gonna be a second act she can save for

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How many VP debates are there anyways? Wonder if there's gonna be a second act she can save for
    There’s only one VP debate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s only one VP debate.
    Oh, okay.

Yeah, destroy him, pillage his village and hear the lamentations of his women/Mother.

BANNED

How did Tim Kaine’s debate go against Pence in 2016?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I don't think there's any laws that force the president to stay at Walter Reed. If a patient is competent (yes, Trump is considered "Competent") and refuses treatment, what can you do? I learned this the hard way on a personal level.

Unfortunately, the president isn't also listening to common sense. As far as most people are concerned, he's still contagious, and a walking time bomb. Not to mention, what if he suddenly gets worse at the White House? How are they going to spin a second trip back to Walter Reed with more urgency?