Page 793 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 29369374378378979079179279379479579679780384389312931793 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 75153

So ... what's this business about DOJ having enough damning information that Obama, Hillary, and co pulled off a failed coup? That they are the real Russian hoax problem? That the Barr-led DOJ is waiting until after the election to post all these charges?

Have had more than one convo with the ultra-conservative ... people about this today. Gave them all my Mueller stuff in return. They didn't seem to like the court documents I showed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... what's this business about DOJ having enough damning information that Obama, Hillary, and co pulled off a failed coup? That they are the real Russian hoax problem? That the Barr-led DOJ is waiting until after the election to post all these charges?

Have had more than one convo with the ultra-conservative ... people about this today. Gave them all my Mueller stuff in return. They didn't seem to like the court documents I showed.
    I think there's a law somewhere about congressional records of an administration being sealed until a later date precisely to prevent the succeeding admin of opposing party of using it for the sake of lawfare. The stuff about Nixon-Kissinger backing Pinochet couldn't have been unsealed by Jimmy Carter but had to wait till Clinton in the 90s. Likewise it will be sometime in the next 10 years or so when we start finding out real behind-the-scenes stuff about the Dubya years (though considering Biden backed the Iraq War at the time, I doubt his administration would unearth it, maybe the Dem administration after him).

Whatever stuff Barr wants to unearth from Obama and Hillary and so on, if there's any hot or juicy stuff there, it will have to wait for another 20 odd years before it comes out because that kind of stuff would have been classified, mostly because unlike Trump, Obama was damn good at keeping secrets (nobody found out about Bin Laden being whacked, as well as the Iran-Nuclear Deal until he announced it) and his administration didn't have so many leaks.

That also means that if Biden comes to power, he himself administratively will be handicapped in bringing Trump to order and unsealing evidence kept under wraps. Independent inquiries and so on can move to unseal it of course, but they can't be connected or tied to Joe in any way.

Astonishing Member

I like Biden's MSNBC Town Hall starting off strong with why masks are important and his federal plans for masks if he was elected. Its a great and timely counter to that shit show we just saw with trump.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-05-2020 at 05:18 PM.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

It is what it is.
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 10-05-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump just walked out of the hospital. Stopping a couple of times to do a fist in the air pose. A total phot op from a man who should still be in the hospital and away from every one.
    You can just tell he wants the triumphant music to swell at the moment he heroically tears off his mask.

Astonishing Member

There is a reason #gasping is trending. He clearly has labored breathing. He should have kept the mask on and just did the propaganda video.

"As your leader, I had to do that. I knew there's danger to it. But I had to do it. I stood out front. I led. Nobody that's a leader would not do what I did ... Now I'm better. Maybe I'm immune. I dunno."

Meanwhile Rudy over on Fox news coughing multiple times on air. Remember he was in debate prep with Kellyanne and Chris Christie
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-05-2020 at 05:55 PM.

EDIT: Just... *sigh*
    Last edited by JCAll; 10-05-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Speaking for those anti-trumpers here, like myself, I think something needs to be addressed. And I am including myself in this.

I think people have gotten into the hoopla and craze over Trump's infection in a state of excitement and now people need to adjust out of that. We had these expectations that this could be historic, epic, and so on...but now it seems that this won't be the comeuppance we wanted. The cosmic sense of karma that people felt this was seems to have defaulted to the reality that -- Obviously rich patient gets better treatment than average people, with best doctors working around the clock.

Obviously more will follow out of this, but we need to be aware that reality and viruses don't bend into neat moral narratives. Maybe this won't be the epic comeuppance of the ages that it seemed like over the weekend, after all. That's gotta be okay.
    Well, it stood to reason the doctors at Walter Reed were going to bust their asses to restore Trump to whatever level of health he had been in before the diagnosis hit. Nobody there wanted the death of a president on their watch, even if said president brought the malady on himself through his own ignorance and stupidity. Yeah, that expected comeuppance had indeed fallen flat, more evidence of the devil’s luck Trump has had since 2016 working overtime in his favor, even worse, he won’t acknowledge that he dodged a bullet, instead, he’ll boast that he’s a superman who singlehandedly beat the virus and how he’s tougher than anyone on the planet, yadda yadda yadda. Unfortunately, that will spur more irresponsibility from his brainless followers and red state governors eager to suck up to Trump by loosening restrictions meant to protect people who don’t have the best doctors in the world on speed dial. But, that’s okay, as I’ve already said, I want Trump fully healthy for when he loses the election next month. That will be karma enough for me.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-05-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Trump does appear to be gasping for air in that video but then again he’s a morbidly obese 74 year old man. I’m guessing climbing any amount of stairs is a challenge for him.

So the 40% of Americans who make up his lunatic cult now think he’s a super/meta/god man who conquered a deadly virus. The other 60% of Americans think he either lied about being sick or he’s much worse than he’s letting on and is carelessly spreading the virus to everyone around him. Either way, I don’t think he looks good here to anyone except his brain dead lemmings. He’s not going to win the election with just his base support. But I guess that’s what all the cheating has been about.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump does appear to be gasping for air in that video but then again he’s a morbidly obese 74 year old man. I’m guessing climbing any amount of stairs is a challenge for him.

So the 40% of Americans who make up his lunatic cult now think he’s a super/meta/god man who conquered a deadly virus. The other 60% of Americans think he either lied about being sick or he’s much worse than he’s letting on and is carelessly spreading the virus to everyone around him. Either way, I don’t think he looks good here to anyone except his brain dead lemmings. He’s not going to win the election with just his base support. But I guess that’s what all the cheating has been about.
    Don’t forget the voter suppression. That’s a key part of the GOP’s strategy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And stopping the vote count. They know they can't win legitimately.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Something something pizza places.

If there was a failed coup, they did a terrible job 'cuz I didn't hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yep. Texas’ Governor Abbott limiting ballot drop off boxes to ONE PER COUNTY is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/polit...ots/index.html

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yep. Texas’ Governor Abbott limiting ballot drop off boxes to ONE PER COUNTY is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/polit...ots/index.html
    Makes sense for places with limited population groups like Kenedy or King (where the total group of people tallies in the hundreds), but not for Harris or Dallas that are filled with millions of people.