Page 80 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384901301805801080 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Do you feel like people might genuinely be disinterested in voting for Joe Biden come November, thus giving us four more years of Trump? I know Biden is a very unpopular candidate, what with historical baggage and the fact that some people may retroactively be burned out from yet another Bernie Sanders loss that they're willing to endure four more years of Trump policies for another roll of the dice at a Sanders presidency, but do you think the "anti-Trump" vote is strong enough to carry Biden to the White House, or is Trump's reelection safe?
    Traditionally, a candidate leading in polls by 5.5 points is not so doomed that the other guy's reelection should be considered safe.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

The swing state polls also do not suggest a safe reelection for President Trump.

Biden's favorability rating isn't that great, but it does beat Trump, Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell and Pence.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6677.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6013.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    Trump's chances of reelection are more or less safe.

The reason that the loyal Republican base hasn't turned their backs on Trump is because he hasn't turned his back on them either. He may be stupid, dishonest, childish, immature, reckless and impulsive, but he still didn't break his promises including the one to halt immigration and deport immigrants. They supported him because they felt his ideology matched theirs.

George H.W. Bush lost re-election because he broke his promise he made to his supporters. "Read my lips: no new taxes". Many of the loyal Republicans felt he abandoned them so they abandoned him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read_m...:_no_new_taxes

I listened to some of Biden's speeches and wasn't impressed with them. So I don't know if Biden will beat Trump.
    Is there a consistent correlation between you liking a candidate's speeches and that candidate winning?
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 05-22-2020 at 04:44 AM. Reason: unclear pronoun
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This entire post is made of yikes.
    I used to think the quintessential Trump campaign promise was a beautiful border Wall paid by Mexico. Almost a full term in, whatever is right now at the border is certainly not an artistic piece of art, they're merely trying to kick Mexico industries back to work enough to put some lipstick on the American economy corpse, enough to hope the fall Coronakarma wave leaves only Cletus and Granny Goodness voters alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I used to think the quintessential Trump campaign promise was a beautiful border Wall paid by Mexico. Almost a full term in, whatever is right now at the border is certainly not an artistic piece of art, they're merely trying to kick Mexico industries back to work enough to put some lipstick on the American economy corpse, enough to hope the fall Coronakarma wave leaves only Cletus and Granny Goodness voters alive.
    I'm pretty sure Trump didn't campaign on 'let Grandma die for the dow jones', but there's a reason he's only running even with Biden on voters over 65 right now -- which is an absolute disaster for trump's campaign if that holds.

So, about Tara Reade:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/21/u...edentials.html

So apparently she lied about a degree to lie about being an expert witness and those lies contributed to the convictions and now they're liable to get thrown out and Tara Reade possibly being charged with perjury.

Awesome. *Sigh*
    Her credibility is completely shot, and she's just made it harder for victims to come forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Looking back and seeing how haphazard, half-failing, and ultimately *not kept* most of Trump’s promises have been, I’d say the best way to define Trump's political style is complete chaos mixed with pure audacious conman deceptions.

I refuse to use the word “con-artist” because “artist” implies grace, cunning, and subtlety in the con. Trump has no subtlety, only low cunning, and has a sledgehammer approach to his deceptions. He never had to learn how to be clever, and instead relies on overwhelming amounts of bullshit to try and drive his narrative forward. If he didn’t have his financial resources from his father, he would have gone to jail or crashed into poverty long ago, but since he does have financial resources, he could afford to just throw so much stuff at people that it obfuscates and conceals *some* of his deceptions.

He’s like Littlefinger in that he’s openly and bluntly avaricious and deceitful, but if Littlefinger had Lannister money and never had to be sharp or plan ahead because of the gold of Casterly Rock - because Trump could field moderately more clever and more cunning people to dedicate themselves to covering his ass on individual scandals and deceptions, he’s remained lazy and sloppy in the quality of his lies, but is enthusiastic and pathologically driven toward an insane quantity of them. His stream of consciousness ranting and his casual sparking of dozens more scandals than less enthusiastic corrupt politicians acts as a smokescreen that allows people to construct their own narratives or buy into *just enough* of his lies to maintain their support.

You’re seeing that painfully obvious demagogue and cult leader at work in a prime environment.

It’s also why the coronavirus may very well be the one thing that overwhelms his smog and fog. Because the narrative can collapse if it runs headlong into personal loss and tragedy, it’s harder for him to obfuscate and lie about; we’re witnessing him going full bore after it, but he’s playing at the kind of high stakes where someone who would buy all his lies might very well have someone close to them fall incapacitate for worse due to the virus and thus lose their believe in him, and the negative impact on his campaign and persona that he or one of his most fervent followers might bring about by contracting a serious hit from the disease cannot be underestimated.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Her credibility is completely shot, and she's just made it harder for victims to come forward.
    Even her evidence in support of herself only makes her even less credible.

She sent them a picture of a website saying Tara Reade completed 35 credit hours at Antioch. The school said that wouldn't be enough to get her a degree. She said that was bc she completed more credit hrs under her other name. The school said that never happened
    Simplest explanation I saw. The school apparently requires 180 hours.

Ultimate Member

Trump’s re-election is far from safe and it’s clear he’s known that since day one (despite his comments suggesting otherwise).

For all the talk about a strong Trump coalition, people forget that the margins in the swing states Trump won in 2016 were quite small. Trump doesn’t have a large diverse coalition like Obama and this isn’t a war time situation that significantly helped George W in 2004. Trump has fanatical support that has not turned against him but there are significant cracks. If the economy hadn’t completely tanked largely due to his own cluelessness, he’d be in a much, much stronger position.

Right now, Biden is polling far better than Hilary did with seniors (some of whom are most likely to vote on election day) and Biden has strong appeal with minorities. If he can appeal to the coalition that Obama built up in 2008 and 2012, he’ll likely win and by a large margin all things considered.

Trump anchored his entire message on how well the economy was performing and that’s been taken away. Beyond the bigoted dog whistle and appeal to “white rage”, Trump literally has no re-election foundation. That’s not to say Biden is guaranteed to win but anyone saying Trump’s re-election is safe isn’t seeing the forest for the trees.

The idea that Trump's reelection is 'safe' is just ludicrous. He has done nothing to expand his coalition and it is, in fact, actively shrinking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is there a consistent correlation between you liking a candidate's speeches and that candidate winning?
    It's not about Kuro's feelings it's about the fact people don't like taxes raised, this is especially bad for Republicans who generally loathe taxes as a concept. Kuro's not making a grand revelation here. This was not something that was an advantage to him in the White House.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So, about Tara Reade:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/21/u...edentials.html

So apparently she lied about a degree to lie about being an expert witness and those lies contributed to the convictions and now they're liable to get thrown out and Tara Reade possibly being charged with perjury.

Awesome. *Sigh*
    CNN, Politico and the NYT all reporting this. Took the traditional media a while to wake up to the woman being a complete fraud.

Now I'm wondering if leftists who got banned from this board over calling us all rape apologists can sue Ms. Reade over misleading them.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The idea that Trump's reelection is 'safe' is just ludicrous. He has done nothing to expand his coalition and it is, in fact, actively shrinking.
    His only chance is voter suppression, really. And that chance is enough to keep me up at night.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

So, a good couple of weeks after Florida re-opened its beaches, daily new infections shot up 150% yesterday.

Hell of a job, governor Florida Man.

Up 100% in Texas.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    CNN, Politico and the NYT all reporting this. Took the traditional media a while to wake up to the woman being a complete fraud.

Now I'm wondering if leftists who got banned from this board over calling us all rape apologists can sue Ms. Reade over misleading them.
    Most of them will just double down, telling us about the traditional media coalescing to protect a rapist and so on by 'tearing Tara Reade down', and that she's a VICTIM.

She may well be a victim, but at this point, I can't say I find her to be truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Attachment 96878

Is this satire? I legit can tell anymore in this timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Its almost like this was an entirely partisan smear attack by a very very stupid women who's hurt everyone in a ridiculous attempt to get Bernie reelected somehow/Aid her Republican paymasters/Help Putin