Page 802 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 30270275279279879980080180280380480580681285290213021802 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 75153

Craighead County Republican committee chairman Steven Farmer has died of COVID-19, according to a post on Facebook from his daughter, Audrey Haynie. It is unclear when or where Farmer contracted the disease, but Haynie had been providing updates on her father’s progress on Facebook. She said he had been admitted to the ICU on September 18. On September 19 she reported he was showing improvement, but then his health sharply declined and eventually he was sedated, something he never recovered from.
    Just days before Farmer was admitted to the ICU, his committee hosted a largely maskless event with special guests Republican Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Rep. Louie Gohmert, America’s dumbest congressman, who was just recovering from COVID-19 himself.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...hange-its-ways

Ultimate Member

McSally also, for no reason, blurted out Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's name eight times during her debate with Mark Kelly. EIGHT.

Why? Mark Kelly has virtually no association with her, other than they're both in the same party. What was she so determined to prove, there, other than that she's an Islamophobic bigot?
    Desperation and panic.

McSally is in total meltdown mode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I was oh-brothering at your class reductionism and kvetching about 'woke' again.
    Well it is largely middle class university students that go into meltdown everytime someone on a University campus speaks that they want to see banned from public forums. I don't see people from National Farmers Union kicking in windows and setting fire to picnic tables because someone's words might upset their feelings.

The right as their "woke" to. It's militia men who believe in Qanon, and creepy immigration theories like the great replacement.

Both the left and the right have their share of fruitloops who deny empirical science, and engage in political extremism & idiocy. I don't believe in supporting either one.

See (according to BBC breaking news) that Joe B thinks next live debate should not go ahead if The Donald is still testing positive by then.

That sounds like a sensible line.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    See (according to BBC breaking news) that Joe B thinks next live debate should not go ahead if The Donald is still testing positive by then.

It's common sense at this point.

If Trump wants to endanger himself and others around him, then f..k him!

But then again, maybe infecting Biden with the virus is a Trump "hail mary" considering how poorly things are working out for him. He's getting killed politically, financially and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Well it is largely middle class university students that go into meltdown everytime someone on a University campus speaks that they want to see banned from public forums. I don't see people from National Farmers Union kicking in windows and setting fire to picnic tables because someone's words might upset their feelings.

The right as their "woke" to. It's militia men who believe in Qanon, and creepy immigration theories like the great replacement.

Both the left and the right have their share of fruitloops who deny empirical science, and engage in political extremism & idiocy. I don't believe in supporting either one.

I see you stilll fully believe this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's common sense at this point.

If Trump wants to endanger himself and others around him, then f..k him!

But then again, maybe infecting Biden with the virus is a Trump "hail mary" considering how poorly things are working out for him. He's getting killed politically, financially and physically.
    It's a sensible line, and even better if Biden spins it as, "Well, I'm concerned for his health, if he isn't. He's still sick, and needs all the rest he can to recover. Besides I don't want to take advantage of someone when they're at their weakest, and would rather debate him when he's recuperated and at full strength."

The f***ing SHADE in that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In the draft report, Horowitz wrote that while Sessions allowed Trump and Homeland Security Department officials to largely be blamed for the policy, he understood that it entailed separating kids from their families and was on board because he thought it would deter illegal immigration.

"The department's single-minded focus on increasing prosecutions came at the expense of careful and effective implementation of the policy, especially with regard to prosecution of family-unit adults and the resulting child separations," the draft report said, according to The Times.

News of Sessions push for the policy to be implemented has garnered criticism.

"Send him to The Hague," Rep. Rashida Tlaib said in a tweet.
    There's no level hell hot enoiugh for the people involved in this to burn in.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/away-chil...051544980.html

BANNED

The second debate shouldn't go forward as far I am concerned.

Trump wants to infect Biden, that's clear now.

Allowing the debate to happen, even with all social distancing will just make it more likely. Trump just has to spread the right amount of droplets to Joe and there are ways to get that done in a setting like that, especially for someone with as many resources as Trump has. Heck he might even do an Amherst and infect blankets and pass it there.

Either Zoom (or whatever), or it doesn't happen.

I saw in an interview that the third Kennedy-Nixon debate back in the days of old-time TV happened with candidates in different parts of the country where they responded to each other's video feed...so there's precedent for this.

BANNED

When Trump stepped in front of the white house and took of his mask, it was horrifying. that is a ruthless dictator right there who is desperate to prove something. God please let him loose in November.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The networks should step in , no way will Trump agree to a good fair debate even on a Zoom call. Biden should just say , "Its not safe for us old men to be out there so close in a debate structure. Not with this. To show my trust in my VP ...I recommend her and Pence have another debate.."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The second debate shouldn't go forward as far I am concerned.

Trump wants to infect Biden, that's clear now.

Allowing the debate to happen, even with all social distancing will just make it more likely. Trump just has to spread the right amount of droplets to Joe and there are ways to get that done in a setting like that, especially for someone with as many resources as Trump has. Heck he might even do an Amherst and infect blankets and pass it there.

Either Zoom (or whatever), or it doesn't happen.

I saw in an interview that the third Kennedy-Nixon debate back in the days of old-time TV happened with candidates in different parts of the country where they responded to each other's video feed...so there's precedent for this.
    Yeah, I was just envisioning a debate stage only with two large screens, one on either side. On one screen you see Biden, on the other you see Trump. The moderator sitting there in front, talking to each screen, and he or she has a mute button if needed.

Sounds wierd but I am serious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, I was just envisioning a debate stage only with two large screens, one on either side. On one screen you see Biden, on the other you see Trump. The moderator sitting there in front, talking to each screen, and he or she has a mute button if needed.

Sounds wierd but I am serious.
    I fully expect Trump to object to a mute button and if he did agree he'd sit there making faces to try and distract from Biden discussing what policy he plans.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The networks should step in , no way will Trump agree to a good fair debate even on a Zoom call. Biden should just say , "Its not safe for us old men to be out there so close in a debate structure. Not with this. To show my trust in my VP ...I recommend her and Pence have another debate.."
    A second debate would be a fool’s errand at best, dangerous as hell at worst, given that Trump more than likely has the virus and plainly refuses to take steps to mitigate the situation. However, if Biden balks or even suggests doing the debate remotely, the White House will invariably spin that as Biden being too weak and cowardly to face Trump in person. Trump would have a field day with that on Twitter and Faux News would make that their lead story 24/7, never mind that doing the debate remotely would be safer and more prudent, that message wouldn’t get across while Trump uses the bully pulpit of the presidency to control the narrative. Still, Biden would be crazy to stare down a diseased Trump who’s not above spreading the virus.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I fully expect Trump to object to a mute button and if he did agree he'd sit there making faces to try and distract from Biden discussing what policy he plans.
    If this goon is mugging like a five year old while he's silenced like a five year old, it will be the most embarrassing presidential debate performance in American history, hands down. It'll make Ross Perot from the 90s seem like JFK.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.